Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Gracie Abrams - 'Daughter from Hell'

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Kintsugi said:

it's a really great album, just not as instant for some I suppose, doesn't help that @purplelacebra got used to the live performances and the finals sound nothing like those squirrel

i really liked the direction of the new singles, so i'm still hopeful i will like it.

14 hours til release for me

  • Replies 488
  • Views 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • tambora
    tambora

    y'all so weird about her. she's gorgeous and talented

  • Squall
    Squall

    Mods should start warning people who constantly come in her threads to insult her for no reason. It's honestly becoming super tiring. You'd swear Gracie killed their entire families.

  • DivaCup
    DivaCup

2 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

it's a really great album, just not as instant for some I suppose, doesn't help that @purplelacebra got used to the live performances and the finals sound nothing like those squirrel

Paid for by JJ Abrams.

3 great songs and…Um. Well. Its ok she'll get it right one day 1330944363_squirrel-Copy.gif

Girls… I'm so confused… ya'll hyped up Death Wish to be this terrible, terrible song… and it's… fine?

Like it's just Gracie by the numbers… there's nothing particularly special about it and it's not as good as the singles but I'm really struggling to see what's makes it so bad? rip

Just now, Peroxide said:

Girls… I'm so confused… ya'll hyped up Death Wish to be this terrible, terrible song… and it's… fine?

Like it's just Gracie by the numbers… there's nothing particularly special about it and it's not as good as the singles but I'm really struggling to see what's makes it so bad? rip

the live version was GORGEOUS and the studio sounds like suno generated Kacey Musgraves idk

I'm listening in a few hours after work with decent headphones…

I like the direction but my fear is there's going to be a "sameness" to the full thing… 16 songs is a pretty lengthy runtime so I'm hopeful she'll try and keep things interesting.

1 minute ago, Kintsugi said:

the live version was GORGEOUS and the studio sounds like suno generated Kacey Musgraves idk

Ah… now I see. As i'm much more of a causal fan I didn't listen to the live version beforehand.

But I've been there when a live version of an unreleased song sounds much better than the eventual studio release.

However "worst song ever" - girls… Eldest Daughter exists.

treacherous

Humming is gorgeous though

But I stand corrected, aaron dreadner must be let go (but she would probably go to Antonoff next skull)

34 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I'm listening in a few hours after work with decent headphones…

I like the direction but my fear is there's going to be a "sameness" to the full thing… 16 songs is a pretty lengthy runtime so I'm hopeful she'll try and keep things interesting.

its anything but interesting

Death wish, look at my life and good riddance are good so far, didn't know she can sing like that on good riddance, I was like who is that lol

Broke my heart another bop should've been a single

The Mumford track is also so good, they never disappoint, bringing that cowboy like me sound again

The rest are kind of bland tho

Was hoping for more bops like Look At My Life. Minibar seems to be the closest on first listen. A few more songs feel like they could grow on me like Men Like You (idk why this gives me slight Maroon 5 vibes)

Hmm. This albums biggest flaw is that it REALLY requires you to already be a Gracie Abrams fan to appreciate and enjoy. It's quite slow, and the magic is in the lyrics and the deliberate instrumentals. I don't think it'll do a lot for her in the way of expanding her horizons or her fanbase. There's not really a "close to you", "that's so true" or "I love you, I'm sorry" here.

However, for me personally, I adore it. Death Wish (although different), Men Like You, Minibar, Daughter From Hell and What If It's Right? were all big standouts for me here. 👏

I absolutely LOVE The Knife's bridge - it reminds me of some melody from the early 2010s. The rest of the song isn't nearly as good as that incredible bridge

6 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Are there any songs like Close To You? giraffe

ccokys-quad-webb.gif

This girl must be on drugs or something

The album is so depressing a bit too much but I think one of her best

10 hours ago, harry_bev said:

Hmm. This albums biggest flaw is that it REALLY requires you to already be a Gracie Abrams fan to appreciate and enjoy. It's quite slow, and the magic is in the lyrics and the deliberate instrumentals. I don't think it'll do a lot for her in the way of expanding her horizons or her fanbase. There's not really a "close to you", "that's so true" or "I love you, I'm sorry" here.

However, for me personally, I adore it. Death Wish (although different), Men Like You, Minibar, Daughter From Hell and What If It's Right? were all big standouts for me here. 👏

I reaaally agree, but I feel like this was needed, half of her fanbase hates TSOU because of how impersonal and radio pandering it is (I don't even mean it in a bad way! I only skip 1 song off of that) so a lyric focused album was the way to go, she had never used this much synths / orchestral elements in her music before as well which I find to be super interesting and what makes this album not feel like something we've already heard from her

that being said… the album was intended to be much poppier than it is, she had a lot sessions with Casey Smith and Jim-E Stack last year where she made a bunch of more electronic stuff that I would've loved for her to fully flesh out (Out of Nowhere being one of these) but o well! one thing about her is she's gonna reuse songs from 3 years ago so I'm not worried, I'm sure she'll eventually go full on Rose Gray on us (they're close friends so a collab could acc happen someday)

14 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

I reaaally agree, but I feel like this was needed, half of her fanbase hates TSOU because of how impersonal and radio pandering it is (I don't even mean it in a bad way! I only skip 1 song off of that) so a lyric focused album was the way to go, she had never used this much synths / orchestral elements in her music before as well which I find to be super interesting and what makes this album not feel like something we've already heard from her

that being said… the album was intended to be much poppier than it is, she had a lot sessions with Casey Smith and Jim-E Stack last year where she made a bunch of more electronic stuff that I would've loved for her to fully flesh out (Out of Nowhere being one of these) but o well! one thing about her is she's gonna reuse songs from 3 years ago so I'm not worried, I'm sure she'll eventually go full on Rose Gray on us (they're close friends so a collab could acc happen someday)

On My Way deserved a full final version instead of godawful Mews

the rest of those suck though

10 hours ago, harry_bev said:

Hmm. This albums biggest flaw is that it REALLY requires you to already be a Gracie Abrams fan to appreciate and enjoy. It's quite slow, and the magic is in the lyrics and the deliberate instrumentals. I don't think it'll do a lot for her in the way of expanding her horizons or her fanbase. There's not really a "close to you", "that's so true" or "I love you, I'm sorry" here.

However, for me personally, I adore it. Death Wish (although different), Men Like You, Minibar, Daughter From Hell and What If It's Right? were all big standouts for me here. 👏

oh... so her other albums are slower and the secret of us was much faster, unlike daughter from hell?

Edited by Cherish

this album may be a grower perhaps ?celestial3

but she will still get a number one

Edited by RoseBud

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.