Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Janet - Discipline album appreciation thread

Featured Replies

  • Author
Just now, Graffiti said:

Rock with U should've been huge for her jonny2

So Much Betta should have been a single idky it wasn't

how LUV wasnʻt a single blows my mind still...

also I NEVER see people mention it, but I was obsessed with Curtains when this album dropped.

Feedback was the only song I knew from her as a kid n it was cuz this album was always front and center at my local target for WEEKS (the Jackson's used to scare me as a kid so anything with their faces on it left an impression) and then eventually my mom bought it and I listened to it once and liked that song in particular cuz it sounded kinda Britney lol

Rock With U one of the best songs of all time it's true it's true.

26 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

how LUV wasnʻt a single blows my mind still...

also I NEVER see people mention it, but I was obsessed with Curtains when this album dropped.

Yes and YES. "Curtains" is unironically one of my fav Janet songs.

Ya it's honestly not as bad as some fans make it out to be. It was also the last time she explored her sexuality and was daring on an album. I also love the narrative and interludes on the album, they're so cute

  • Author
Just now, Lemonaade said:

Ya it's honestly not as bad as some fans make it out to be. It was also the last time she explored her sexuality and was daring on an album. I also love the narrative and interludes on the album, they're so cute

do you consider it a cousin to The Velvet Rope?

I don't think I've listened to it in full but I do know that Feedback is a HUGE ASS CERTIFIED BOP and a half.

There's something about an album that comes out when you're growing up. Discipline is attached to so many new feelings and experiences for me, so it definitely holds a special place in my heart.

I think her label really botched it though, Feedback did well (top 3 in Canada) but I feel like they didn't get behind either Luv or Rock With U as the second single. Then they gave Moo her spot on SNL.

This album has grown on me so much over the years. Even songs that I was iffy about at first like Can't B Good and Greatest X have grown on me tremendously.

4 hours ago, Ghostface91 said:

So Much Betta should have been a single idky it wasn't

It's barely her voice in it dies

I love the majority of this album though. Recently fulfilled a childhood dream of owning the superior edition (Japan edition) sealed - well opened now but all hype stickers on it still and I love it so much. I hate Never Letchu Go (it doesn't fit the vibe of the album imo)

3 hours ago, Ghostface91 said:

do you consider it a cousin to The Velvet Rope?

dfjfsj i just thought of a mean thing but i'd be cancelled but she's certainly a version of a cousin removed and then added back in

I LUV a lot of this album. But especially that song. Whew! The ultimate feel good bop.

21 hours ago, Ghostface91 said:

do you consider it a cousin to The Velvet Rope?

I wouldn't go that far lol. I would say it's more like a colleague or friendly work acquaintance of VR haha

22 hours ago, Ghostface91 said:

So Much Betta should have been a single idky it wasn't

That song always sounded to me like a SOPHIE song. She was ahead of her time gaynetcat4

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.