Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Is saying "Merry Christmas" offensive or problematic?

Featured Replies

Is saying Merry Christmas (especially to a stranger) offensive? Not all people are religious and not all people celebrate Christmas. Do you still say it to strangers? Is it appropriate in a workplace?

  • Replies 88
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I cant tell if this post is serious or troll. If it's the latter then god help us ☠️

just say same to you, move on and curse them under your breath or something

it's annoying but I just let it go bc those people dgaf about anyone else and you can't change other people.

  • Popular Post

you stan Cardi B and you're asking if saying Merry Christmas is problematic?

Edited by Ghostface91

Christmas is so secular now that the well wish is more of a general "have a good season" than anything.

I say "Merry Christmas" to people who celebrate, and "Happy Holidays" to people who don't celebrate or whose status is unknown.

No. it's a secular holiday. say it don't say it whatever. I say happy holidays usually.

Considering that a lot of people who celebrate it aren't even religious to begin with, I don't see it as problematic? Also even if someone doesn't celebrate it, I find it bizarre that they'd be bothered by someone wishing them well.

I mean zo say it to someone wearing hijab, that would be offensive, but if your white, living in western europe/ north america, how d f is someone suppose to know what u celebrate?

I would not be offended if someone wished me all the best for Ramadan in Istanbul

Everyone stans Santa and the reindeer and elves and presents and listen to AIWFCIY even if they're atheist or not Christian I guess

I just say Happy Holidays. I don't think anyone says Merry Christmas anymore unless they're trying to be offensive.

5 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

I mean zo say it to someone wearing hijab, that would be offensive, but if your white, living in western europe/ north america, how d f is someone suppose to know what u celebrate?

I would not be offended if someone wished me all the best for Ramadan in Istanbul

They could be Jewish, you can't assume someone's religion based on the color of their skin. Thats problematic don't you think?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.