Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Spring Smackdown 2024 | And the winner is...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, Dessy said:

Sorry count me out :weeps:

No problem! Hopefully you can enjoy the countdown.

Let's close it up before Swifties wake up and decide to save that album from tankery.

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

My apologies, I wanted to start this over the weekend, but I needed to go visit my family. Hopefully I'll find a time soon to launch the countdown.

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, glitch said:

I will probably be around 

 

tenor.gif

 

I hope you can make it!

 

tenor.gif

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

Server deciding to flop when I'm finally prepared. Cursed!

 

Normaniglitchavi.thumb.gif.dc68d0d18e8f9

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

vuCrEqR.png

 

The results are in! And the biggest smackdown of all may have come from the voters. After more than 30 of you weighed in (and one ballot was tossed for trolling), these albums are looking decidedly less beloved than they did upon their release last year. The lead singles got dragged hard, only eight tracks earned an average above 8 and one album barely grazed the top twenty. Who emerged from the melee? We're about to find out! For the record, scores have been rounded to two decimal places and one tie was broken by which song received more 10's. Thank you all for your patience while I put this together. Time to make your final guesses about what's to come and let's get to it!

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator


gEEiBKV.png

 

YES, AND? (REMIX)

ft. Mariah Carey

 

Average score: 4.19

High score: 10 (@Ken Lee, @Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @K$Ellie, @Europe, @Mark Rih, @glitch, @Doogle, @Helix, @Norte, @Born to Run)

 

 

A surefire recipe for placing last in an ATRL rate:

 

Step 1. Take the divisive lead single from your most recent album.

 

Step 2. Layer in vocals from what appears to be a simulacrum of a living legend.

 

Step 3. Mix – but not too well. You want to maximize complaints about the quality.

 

Step 4. Profit!

 

Best bit: “Baby, you have been rejected” will have you believing Mariah can still sang

 

ATRL says…: Most reviews were unsurprisingly bad. “I think it's very brave or stupid to add a legendary vocalist to your song and emphasize the fact that you will never be more than a Nickelodeon imitation of one,” @Achilles. snipped. It “single-handedly lowered Ariana's average” for @Doogle.

 

Several voters were puzzled by Mariah’s contributions. “Why does she sound like that,” @Ewan Chaos wondered. @Graves offered a backhanded compliment: “So nice of Mariah to pitch in here, even though she clearly had to record her vocals in transit.” Some were completely dismissive. “I don't know her,” @Helix wrote. “I’m glad they're friends lemme just say that,” @glitch joked. @MusicLoverDude could only manage an “ok…” while @Suilen went with “anyways…”

 

But the “Yes, And? (Remix)” has its defenders! “Mutha gathered Arianney, she said lemme show you how to blow,” @Ken Lee raved. @Curaga didn’t “get why people complained about this on release...? Something about the mixing? :confused:” @makeawish acknowledged that “it gets a bit messy towards the end, but Mariah's vocals on the verses have that cool brassy Mariahness to them and I wonder why so many people have talked themselves into the idea that this is rubbish. It's good, I should've given it a ten tbh.”

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

"I think it's very brave or stupid to add a legendary vocalist to your song and emphasize the fact that you will never be more than a Nickelodeon imitation of one,"

This is so... especially when you realise it was a swiftie who wrote it

 

:suburban:

 

Anyway deserved, idk who cleared this mess but they should be shot

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

Sorry this is taking so long. Major technical difficulties.

Yes And remix is actually better than the original, if only for the added camp appeal.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.