Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Taylor Swift

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Daily reminder that Midnights is a carefully crafted, cohesive, front-to-back listen chamber pop masterpiece and her best pure pop album. 

i still prefer 1989 and i really don't like a 2-3 songs on the album (so it's good but not a msterpiece) but as I said a lot of times I disagree with the "it's an album with nothing new for her". That was lover, midnights it's absolutely fresh. 

Edited by vale9001

  • Replies 61.8k
  • Views 3.3m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor fanboy
    Taylor fanboy

    I would throw you on the bed and slowly take off your boxers. Then I would stare at your long hard cock. I would slowly move my finger up the side of your dick. After that I would very slowly lick the

  • Holy Ground
    Holy Ground

    Why do people engage with artists they don't like . I couldn't imagine camping in a Bieber thread and keeping up with his every move... I just ignore him We must pray for the victims of Taylor Swift

I don’t recall seeing anyone mention this here, but I just received the red sacRed vinyl she put on her site before the grammys (yes this is nothing, sometimes it takes 3/4 months :dies:)

the thing that surprised me was that it came with the target sticker when I purchased it directly from her site :dies:

53 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Daily reminder that Midnights is a carefully crafted, cohesive, front-to-back listen chamber pop masterpiece and her best pure pop album. 

Thank you for spreading the truth. :clap3:

 

(we could do without SOTB and Question..? though)

 

EDIT: The piano version at The Eras Tour kinda redeemed SOTB in my eyes though.

Edited by Klein

  • ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

I don’t recall seeing anyone mention this here, but I just received the red sacRed vinyl she put on her site before the grammys (yes this is nothing, sometimes it takes 3/4 months :dies:)

the thing that surprised me was that it came with the target sticker when I purchased it directly from her site :dies:

:deadbanana4: mess

  • ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Klein said:

Thank you for spreading the truth. :clap3:

 

(we could do without SOTB and Question..? though)

 

EDIT: The piano version at The Eras Tour kinda redeemed SOTB in my eyes though.

your hate for question... I fear one day you'll see the light, sis :chick3:

Question has actually become one of my favorites on the album. The lyrics are fun and I like the ambiguity.

 

The Alexis Petridis review made me realize there's some clever parts like how after "but you were on something" comes the "one drink after another, f**king politics and gender roles and you're unsure and I don't know" which speeds up to resemble a drunken conversation. Ugh, her mind.

Edited by Beyonnaise

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

your hate for question... I fear one day you'll see the light, sis :chick3:

As I said, the performance at the tour of SOTB redeemed the song in my eyes, and the same thing happened with VS. Who knows what will happen when she does Question? Maybe I'll switch like a baguette. :coffee2:

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Beyonnaise said:

Question has actually become one of my favorites on the album. The lyrics are fun and I like the ambiguity.

 

The Alexis Petridis review made me realize there's some clever parts like how after "but you were on something" comes the "one drink after another, f**king politics and gender roles and you're unsure and I don't know" which speeds up to resemble a drunken conversation. Ugh, her mind.

never thought of this :jonny5:
 

 

Just now, Klein said:

As I said, the performance at the tour of SOTB redeemed the song in my eyes, and the same thing happened with VS. Who knows what will happen when she does Question? Maybe I'll switch like a baguette. :coffee2:

I'll be HERE for when that happens :giraffe:

Quote

 

Swift has made so many albums in so many different genres that comparing them is tough. But if you had to nominate one as her best, Midnights has a strong claim. It doesn’t have the immediate impact of the fizzing, angry Reputation or the sudden left-turn appeal of Folklore. It’s surprisingly subdued by modern pop standards: low on certified bangers, big on muted atmospherics (there’s even a hint of shoegaze about the guitars on Maroon) and restraint, as evidenced by the Lana Del Rey duet Snow on the Beach, which is so low-key that it upset Del Rey fans expecting a showstopping guest appearance.

 

But what it has in profusion is fantastic songs: You’re on Your Own Kid’s sharp depiction of the teenage Swift struggling to break out in Nashville; Anti-Hero’s small-hours self-loathing; the impressive combination of sweet tunefulness and spite on Karma. There are songs that display Swift’s skill as a writer – her depiction of a drunken conversation on Question…? suddenly speeds up and stops rhyming – and songs that deal in experimentation, not least the warping of her voice until it sounds male on Midnight Rain. It’s an album that doesn’t need to adhere to modern pop’s rules and standards because the material on it demonstrates Swift is miles ahead of her peers: a confident, mature victory lap. Alexis Petridis

 

 

Despite me despising him for dragging down NFR's Metascore, he lowkey made me a Little Midnightser with this :clap3: 

Edited by Beyonnaise

25 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Question has actually become one of my favorites on the album. The lyrics are fun and I like the ambiguity.

 

The Alexis Petridis review made me realize there's some clever parts like how after "but you were on something" comes the "one drink after another, f**king politics and gender roles and you're unsure and I don't know" which speeds up to resemble a drunken conversation. Ugh, her mind.

I ******* love that line, when she speeds up or slows down suddenly behind the instrumentation >>>> :jonnycat: it sound like crack and it's what makes gold rush one of her best songs also

Midnights also feels more mature and lived in than a large chunk of 1989. You can tell it was made by a thirtysomething. If Jack wasn't so dominant on the producer list I think this would be emphasized more. (And don't reply to this with the cat line in Karma, you get what I mean nn).

Edited by Beyonnaise

BB200 Top 50 by HITSDD:

 

#7 Midnights (-4) *4 new entries

#15 Lover (-2)

#19 Folklore (-1)

#22 1989 (-3)

#25 Reputation (-1)

#26 RED TV (-4)

#33 Evermore (+1)

 

Her catalogue barely declining after the initial tour boost. SMASH.

 

 

3 hours ago, Great Username said:

Comprehension skills and no internalised homophobia, ugh a rare thing here we LOVE to see it 

Homophobia :deadbanana4:

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Homophobia :deadbanana4:

:rip:

Are the boxscores out yet (or does anyone when they come out)? Kind of expecting the first four dates to out-gross certain peoples' entire tours. :skull:

the lowest out of the 7 charting albums in the top 50 is evermore:

HDD's final predictions / BB200

last week: #34 / #31

this week: #33 with 7 new entries in the top 33 :toofunny3:

 

Edited by Michael196

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Homophobia :deadbanana4:

lmao :dies:

2 hours ago, PopA911 said:

your hate for question... I fear one day you'll see the light, sis :chick3:

you just know that this song will cause so much repenting in the future when it's actually wake up

2 hours ago, Bonicap said:

BB200 Top 50 by HITSDD:

 

#7 Midnights (-4) *4 new entries

#15 Lover (-2)

#19 Folklore (-1)

#22 1989 (-3)

#25 Reputation (-1)

#26 RED TV (-4)

#33 Evermore (+1)

 

Her catalogue barely declining after the initial tour boost. SMASH.

 

 

Sacred and Evermore in dead last while Lover is in second place. Lock this fanbase up! 

There's no greater homophobia than evermore being among her least streamed albums. It is the quintessential queer album

3 hours ago, Dephira said:

There's no greater homophobia than evermore being among her least streamed albums. It is the quintessential queer album

Entirely her fault for rushing into Fearless TV a mere FOUR months later. She deserves lashings for that tbh. 
 

Hope  this half baked LH remix is a last push for a final chart repeak before they move on to a third single (Bejeweled). Ready for her next radio staple to smasha. 

Edited by Daniiel

And Karma is not getting released as a single because?

 

This isn't sweet like justice.

 

And it's definitely NOT a relaxing thought.

So when is speak now TV coming :rip: I thought we would have some news by now. 
 

If she wants to focus more on the midnights era, please release midnight rain as 3rd single, with a proper piano acoustic version, and perhaps a duet with someone prominent to make it go #1 on release. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.