Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Why doesn't Miley have a bigger stanbase on ATRL?

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator

Miley-Cyrus-Performs-Flowers2024-Grammys

 

She has the talent, the hits, the success, the charisma, the performance skills, and the looks.

Why doesn't Miley have a bigger stanbase on ATRL?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Future Lover
    Future Lover

    She had plenty of hardcore stans here from January 2023 to March 2023  

  • Dua stole them along with Prisoner 

  • Love Drought
    Love Drought

    She turned a lot of people off with her comments about her past work. It became a running joke that whenever she starts a new album cycle she'll trash or criticize her previous album. 

That's a good question. It feels like there are only few of us here 

She turned a lot of people off with her comments about her past work. It became a running joke that whenever she starts a new album cycle she'll trash or criticize her previous album. 

Everyone and their mother and daughter likes Miley, but she never had a crazy obsessed hardcore fandom like her LESS successful peers. A curse and a blessing bc when she lost the GP in 2014, it took nearly a decade to gain them back.

minimal online presence, then she kinda veered towards the Grimes Joe Rogan side of internet for a bit, her last singles were not very gay friendly. she had us for Plastic Hearts even tho she was barely around for that era too.

She is too experimental ig..

 

it's harder to keep fans when you go from Disney pop, to hiphop/rnb, to psychedelic, to country, to rock..

I mean she trashed her last eras, and that was after a lot of people got turned off by her in the Bangerz era. 

 

I used to be a hardcore Miley stan so I'll always love her, but as I've gotten older Ariana and Taylor became my main faves along with Carly Rae. (and Avril is still my OG). 

  • Popular Post

She had plenty of hardcore stans here from January 2023 to March 2023

 

:clack:

I've been a huge smiler since the HM days but... I feel like things have gotten boring with her. Seems like it's been nothing but glamorous photoshoots and Gucci campaigns for a while now. Her last album was my least favorite (musically and visually) and she was lazy af with the promo and music videos. At least we get to see her at awards shows talking about how "sickening" she looks.

 

I always loved her rebellious and controversial career choices too.... She had the whole underdog thing going for her until Flowers. 

I unstaned her in the 2010s with Bangerz-Dead Patz but i have a newfound love for her in the 2020s thanks to Endless Summer Vacation-Plastic
And River is now my most played song all time :gaycat4: can u believe that?
I loved her last album cause it was very californian and i just live for that theme. 
Im definitely perched and more excited than ever about her releases
She's also someone who's very original-authentic. Not fake like the rest of popstars. I feel bad about all her family issues. I wonder how she's handling that

 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Cos ATRL doesn't have taste :giraffe:

 

She's been pretty polarising and being a chameleon means the genre she picks next won't fit with all listeners. The culture vulture/shading genres after using them left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, especially potential black fans and I can't blame them for that tbh. 

 

I think a lot of people like Miley and look forward to her performances, but don't necessarily consider themselves a big fan because they may only like 2/3 albums and never got into the other ones.

 

She'd be in a lot of people top 20 artists but not a lot of people's top 3 type thing.

54 minutes ago, BlahBlahBlah said:

idk, and I also don't get why ESV is hated so much here

have you listened to it?

:clack:

 

Spoiler

jk

 

Idk maybe because she's never really had a strong online presence

She doesn't cater to the girlypop bop gays music wise :gaycat4: and she doesn't really care to build those weird parasocial relationships a lot of ATRLers have with their faves. 

34 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

She's also someone who's very original-authentic. Not fake like the rest of popstars. I feel bad about all her family issues. I wonder how she's handling that

Idk about this. Miley isn't more authentic or original than any other pop star. I would say it's the opposite, she goes in and out of genres and aesthetics to varying degrees of success.  During Bangerz era she was using hip-hop aesthetics and sound only to trash it a couple years later. This wouldn't have been an issue if she stuck to that sonic landscape and/or didn't openly trash the hip-hop genre after she had her most commercially successful era post-Disney by borrowing elements from it. This is the reason why she doesn't have a big loyal fanbase in it for the long haul because she's so inconsistent sonically and image-wise. There is no such thing as a "Miley sounding song". She has a distinct voice, but no distinct sound. 

 

I'd argue she's more of a GP act nowadays with some nostalgia appeal from her Disney days. She is no longer polarizing like she once was. The boomers and oldies like her now, but because of this she doesn't have that youth appeal anymore. Being polarizing is often perceived as a negative but the reality is all artists that are deemed "polarizing" at some point are in that position because they have a fervent (mostly younger) fanbase and general interest/discourse in their lives that creates haters on the other side of it. Miley hasn't occupied this space since 2013/2014 and she wasn't consistent for long enough to maintain the fanbase she cultivated from Disney/Bangerz. They all moved on to other artists and/or grew up. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

She had plenty of hardcore stans here from January 2023 to March 2023

 

:clack:

ddd a lot of girls were clocked in for Flowers' reign esp. in regard to other pop girl hits of the time :clack:

I think a lot of us are closet Milenesters and do enjoy a lot of her output, but for whatever reason I've never been able to clock in for her like I have for others :clack:

She doesn't have a big base but she's generally liked and people here appreciate her versatility and live performances. I mean, she's not a big #1 fave like Taylor, for example, but many people from different bases like and listen to her music.

 

I unstanned her since the 3 remaining smilers are so shady with Miss Lips.

:ryan3:

I feel like she did back in the day. I'd say the dead petz-younger now period really killed a lot of fandom

She has never really done the work of building a fanbase.  Her music output has been highly inconsistent with large gaps that made it hard for fanbases to defend.  
 

If we compare to Ariana and Selena, they both were really good at consistently releasing in their first decade and always having a few hits on the album.  Thus the fandom built from their TV days could grow and mature with the media being put out.  
 

I feel like a lot of artists are better off releasing frequently rather than waiting over time.  If you release once every two years and there is at least a hit on the record, fans will stick with you.  But if you wait 4 years and the music isn't great, you will lose people's interest.  

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.