Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

byzantium

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by byzantium

  1. Upstate New York doesn't vote blue anyways. I mean, it's likely she could win the primary. And then in that case you think New York is going red in 2028?
  2. We can when there is trust in system to do a proper investigation…which clearly it has failed to do in this case.
  3. The golden rule just means, "don't be a sh*ty person". We don't have to do a textual analysis. Just be a good person.
  4. Taylor - London: reasonably beautiful, incredibly capitalistic, and too often committing crimes against humanity Shakira - Rio De Janeiro, iconic, globally known, beautiful, always great for a party, not currently in its peak, but still a gem on this earth. Olivia - Mexico City, beautiful, lush, and inarguably one of the best in the world. One of the biggest cities on this planet and still underrated Pink - AIPAC's headquarters. (Self explanatory) Billie - Austin. Popular at the moment and good music offerings. Likes to think of itself as "not like the other cities".
  5. ^this isn't true anymore. There has been a swing of low propensity voters to democrats. This is because high propensity voters are often wealthier and more educated which is a demographic that has gone for democrats. This doesn't mean that the polls are right or wrong, but more so that republicans voters are now less likely to vote in midterms than the general. It is also worth noting that polls in 2018, and 2022 were relatively accurate (within an acceptable margin of error). It's also worth noting that polls in 2025 overestimated republicans (not democrats). I would not read too far into that, but just want to point out that it's not a forgone conclusion that the polls are wrong or that they are overestimating democrats chances.
  6. Swifties were too busy doxing a vegan oat cookies and forgot to stream it.
  7. Plenty of you are calling both maga. In fact, I don't know anyone not called maga on this site.
  8. This sentiment is exactly what I was talking about though. The rhetoric in the U.S. is always, "I am not against protests, I am against these protestors". I've heard this my whole life. People always find a reason to be against whatever certain protest is actually happening even if in their head there is a conception of the "perfect protest". In Mexico or France, for example people don't necessarily take protesters that seriously. It's more just an accepted part of daily life and the world keeps spinning. Most of the time they are unreasonable and dumb. It's fine. Sometimes people need to let off steam and then move on with life. I just feel like the American disdain for dissent is more harmful even if the disdain might be reasonable to some degree.
  9. I'm confused by this reaction. Is it not clear that The Cure has had the best longevity and is the general favorite of the album? The Cure seems like an obvious choice for these awards.
  10. This thread is interesting and I think exposes the American tendency to be against protests. There are a lot of countries where protests are a very natural and normal part of the political process. And in fact it can be both normal to both support a politician and protest against them on specific issues. The U.S. seems to have a much more binary approach of either "you are with us or against us". There is this perceived need to hush political dissent and virtue signal which team you support. Personally I find this American perspective to be more destructive. A healthy democracy embraces dissent as part of the process. It doesn't weaken, but in fact builds trust because it establishes more of a feedback loop between politicians and the people they govern. On these specific protests, I think it is healthy and normal. I think a lot of us were disappointed in Mamdani's appeals to Zionists and racists. He is not my mayor, but if he was, I still would support and like the guy. Both sentiments can exist. So overall I don't think we really need to blow this out of proportion.
  11. Chicago. I don't count that festival show.
  12. NO! I need her to come to my city first.
  13. I do think it is true and this extends beyond just gay men. I also think it is interesting how this is different in different places. Anecdotal, I will say a lot of gay men in the American Midwest or from the Midwest that I know are in long term relationships and married. I lived for a while in the Pacific Northwest and New England and far less of my gay friends are in relationships. I am not sure what this means but I do find it interesting.
  14. Did you really open this thread and think, "how can I make Billie the victim"?
  15. I don't have an issue with this on the respective charts. However I have an issue with then how they use both charts to determine "Artists of the year". It generally does not reflect the biggest artists but rather who had big singles due to the aforementioned double counting.
  16. It's so exciting to see the late 10s pop girls venture to stadiums. First Karol, then Dua and now Billie. Excited to see how she builds her shows for those venues.
  17. It's certainly interesting how "concerned" fans of that certain blond lady are about this issue. Maybe they should donate to these businesses rather than buying more variants.
  18. Y'all are profoundly overestimating her. I would be surprised if it did more than 500k.
  19. No its going for the cocomelon crowd. Which is still massively popular.
  20. lol. You guys have lost the plot. Gaga's latest music has just been adult AC fodder. It's the definition of palatable and for mass consumption.
  21. So the Op originally said was the backlash in 2024 justified. I don't really think there was "backlash" in this regard. After the CMAs, Beyonce justifiably ignored the country crowd. She wasn't trying to make inroads there. So 2024 was kind of the status quo. There was no backlash because nothing has really changed.
  22. It peaked 10 spots above abracadabra so yes! Definitely a hit!
  23. The Op changed the title of the thread. They specifically said 2024-2025. The response to the CMAs was quite unreasonable and giving white nationalist. I have not tuned into country music since.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.