Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

51 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I mean his gf got dragged by his fans and he said the internet is scary so probably never 

 

spacer.png

I felt so embarrassed for Jennifer bc what 

spacer.png

I Am The Best by 2NE1 was lowkey a global hit or am I misremembering 

 


spacer.png

 

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

YES :sosad:whoever are his make up artists need to be fired, because they make him look so uncanny with the choices 

He's actually cute when they don't make him look like a Thai ladyboy with geo lenses and a sickening beat. 

9 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I Am The Best by 2NE1 was lowkey a global hit or am I misremembering 

 


spacer.png

 

It was a hit in Asia and was relatively well know in some western countries' club scene. Dancing to it in the club after/before RedOne's productions was such a vibe.

Edited by ZENO

38 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I Am The Best by 2NE1 was lowkey a global hit or am I misremembering 

 


spacer.png

 

It was used as the bgm for Microsoft so yeah 

The way Katseye B-Team is essentially the Wannabe girls switching out Ezrela for Lexie and with a new Japanese member instead of Ua

 

they essentially had to make a whole new show just to find another member because Mei dipped with the quickness and Ua/Hinari are just too young

 :sabrina:

Edited by starstruckaj

3 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

The way Katseye B-Team is essentially the Wannabe girls switching out Ezrela for Lexie and with a new Japanese member instead of Ua

 :sabrina:

because katseye is known for making slow rnb music if anything this New Jeans 2.0 right down to the styling, presentation and nostalgia baiting

NGL HYBE is also biting off of Tinashe why does this sound like something she would do on 333

20 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

no Ezrela/Marquise then

Ezrela would've been cute, but I don't hate a 4 member lineup with a new face. The show should be interesting.

23 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

no Ezrela/Marquise then

4 members oh other BP clones you are done :chick1:

Wait I just realized Hybe kinda got their lick back with JYP trying to rush release VCHA before Dream Academy was done

 

them basically announcing a new 4 member global GG a day before Girlset redebuts as 4 is a kii 

:sabrina:

i think it's cute how hybe is giving the girls who didn't make it into the katseye lineup a chance at stardom it almost makes me forget their numerous crimes

23 hours ago, fauxtography said:

Lmaoo out of all the twice songs to come after, you come after Fancy :deadbanana2:

It's outside of their range and so poorly sung. I will NEVER understand why I-fans listen to that garbage when I Can't Stop Me, Kura Kura, Feel Special, etc. are right there.

23 hours ago, Xalric said:

Going to drag Gotta Go to try to say Rich Man is a good song... I fear we lost the plot. 

"Gotta Go" is flat. Third Gen stans swear by this song but I never need to go past the first chorus. It is not a Rollercoaster nor Snapping moment from her.

8 hours ago, Harrier said:

The factory element is the core essence of K-pop, it is better to make your peace with it as a fan if the genre. What we love about it - the polish, the slick choreography, the visuals, the vocals, the catchy pop tunes and bangers - all of that is made possible by the factory like system. There is still a certain art to it and it can be done well - as with Aespa for the most part - or it can be done poorly.

 

I didnt say anything about disbandment, only that they have probably peaked. When you've been a K-pop fan for 13 years like i have, you have seen all of the groups you have stanned come and gone. It is just the nature of pop bands not just in Kpop but in general that they typically have a short shelf life. Aespa is 5 years in, about the same as when Red Velvet released Psycho, or when SNSD released IGAB, or when F(x) released their last album. Groups have nearly always peaked by this point. I am just being realistic :coffee2:

There are significant differences here, the biggest being the potential for earning money. In second gen, music wasn't profitable because singles sold for anywhere from $0.02 to free and massive albums only sold 400k at peak. It's why we saw a mass exodus to Japan from stars trying to stay afloat. And before Japan was viable, artists would rely on CFs. SNSD's early career was basically kept afloat by Goobne Chicken until they hit it big in Japan.
 

I'm just pointing that out to say that the market has totally changed and so 4th gen is not in the same danger as second gen. F(x) got shelved because they weren't that profitable and Krystal was a casualty of the Jessica fallout. Red Velvet got "shelved" because Wendy was injured and Irene had a scandal that cost her the majority of her commercial deals, splintering the group's profit. Jessica got kicked out because SM was worried her business would interfere with SM's sales to fans. 
 

No shade to any of the girls (especially because SNSD are my #1 fave), but Aespa are more profitable than previous groups AND they don't have a member trying to start a side business. They are more than safe.

7 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

You mean *gg stans*
 

There's a reason why the average gg has less longevity compared to the average bg

It's called misogyny. On top of that, boy groups make their money from selling goods, selling albums and touring. Girls have to rely on digitals and CFs, which are much more fickle. 
 

Both have their pros and cons - girls don't last as long in the industry, but they have much more recognizable music and leave a lasting impact. Conversely, boy groups don't crossover to the general public nor do they leave much musical impact, but they don't face intense scrutiny and they can keep going even after starting a family.

GIRLSET better come out swinging

:khalyan:

Edited by toast

9 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It's called misogyny. On top of that, boy groups make their money from selling goods, selling albums and touring. Girls have to rely on digitals and CFs, which are much more fickle. 
 

Both have their pros and cons - girls don't last as long in the industry, but they have much more recognizable music and leave a lasting impact. Conversely, boy groups don't crossover to the general public nor do they leave much musical impact, but they don't face intense scrutiny and they can keep going even after starting a family.

couldn't have said it better myself

longevity means nothing if no one remembers your music ggs might burn brighter for a shorter time but they actually leave a mark

I guess an odd number is better for choreo but pls not 6

 

Star of Kpop demon hunter letting yall know Its Girls' Generation Forever *****

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

1 hour ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

I guess an odd number is better for choreo but pls not 6

 

i think they'll be 4 members, they're teasing just one girl by the looks of it. whatever it is, it better not be 6.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.