Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

Jessica got kicked out because SM was worried her business would interfere with SM's sales to fans.

No, SM was not worried about Jessica's business at all. The plan was for Jessica to have this as a side business with SM pocketing a slice of the profits for minimal effort.

 

Not only did SM approve it twice, but even after Jessica was removed (and later left the company), SM continued to support the brand with various SM idols styled in it, clothes appearing in SM affiliated shows/dramas and they even promoted it on SMTOWN website and allowed Irene Kim, a SM model, to do a collaboration with the brand. SM and Jessica allegedly had a royalty agreement, so SM was getting their coins out of it regardless. They were never against it.

 

The worry came from the other girls/their parents, who mistakenly thought Jessica's business would interfere with the other girls getting clothing CF/brand deals. It seems they mistakenly/willingly believed Jessica having her own brand would stop their/the group's bag.

 

So they first pressured Jessica to quit the business (which she couldn't) or leave the group (which she never wanted). When it became clear Jessica was resisting, they went to the company and heavily complained/pressured SM to remove her, which...eventually happened.

 

I don't want to hear "the members had no influence" etc. etc. They certainly did and everything I've said can be documented by circumstantial evidence.

 

Edited by Zack

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

11 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

I feel like this is what sets girlgroup and boygroup stans apart. Bg stans will be supporting their oppas no matter what. Girlgroup fans are quicker to ignore their faves or keep going back and fourth as stans (even when they're women). Not saying it's a good or bad thing because while it can be seen as being loyal it is also can be seen as more parasocial.

This is very true. Many gay girl group stans are not very parasocial in general, in comparison to bg stans. It's a bit if a cultural disconnect. So we come off as ruthless and disloyal to BG stans, while they come off as crazy and obsessive to us 

 

Recently I feel I cam understand the psychology of being a Bg stan better because I am getting very loyal to XLOV, an up and coming boy group. Like I am ready to go to war for those twinks at any moment :clap3:

Any of you watching Santos Bravos? They eliminated 3 trainees Heidern,Patricio and Jonah

 

 

Something about stanning boy groups is...dark and scary. Gives me chills. 

 

I remember stanning EXO in 2012-2016 and my gosh the obsession particularly between 2012-2014 was intense :rip: Stayed up for every performance, award show, voted all the time, bought all the albums, read a **** ton of fanfics :skull: DARK DARK days. Never doing boy groups again. It's dark energy

 

 

Now I just wake up like "Oh aespa has a new award show performance? let me check it out" :deadbanana4:

Edited by Gaia

1 hour ago, Zack said:

aespa new song performances + new solo songs coming very soon! :duca:

 

 

i wonder if they'll top the solo songs from the previous tour

all of them went diamond in this household except maybe bored

I want them to kiss. Maybe this is the scary obsession about stanning bgs y'all are talking about :bird:

 

 

 

Another nice song by no na, but where is the promo? :rip:

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

This is very true. Many gay girl group stans are not very parasocial in general, in comparison to bg stans. It's a bit if a cultural disconnect. So we come off as ruthless and disloyal to BG stans, while they come off as crazy and obsessive to us 

 

Recently I feel I cam understand the psychology of being a Bg stan better because I am getting very loyal to XLOV, an up and coming boy group. Like I am ready to go to war for those twinks at any moment :clap3:

Oh wow, the most beautiful words here today. I approve this message. 

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Something about stanning boy groups is...dark and scary. Gives me chills. 

 

I remember stanning EXO in 2012-2016 and my gosh the obsession particularly between 2012-2014 was intense :rip: Stayed up for every performance, award show, voted all the time, bought all the albums, read a **** ton of fanfics :skull: DARK DARK days. Never doing boy groups again. It's dark energy

 

 

Now I just wake up like "Oh aespa has a new award show performance? let me check it out" :deadbanana4:

Laughing but with respect cuz I get it, Imean I used to stan BTS :deadbanana4:

Commas is fun but you can't convince me this isn't a scrapped Itzy demo :gaycat6:

Down to the styling and music video too

Starting soon...

 

  • MuBank.EP1262: iii, MADEIN S, Queenz Eye, SECRET NUMBER, YOUNG POSSE, JUNIEL, IVE, JOY, SUNMI, JAESSBEE, CMDM, CORTIS, idntt, AMPERS&ONE, SEVENTOEIGHT, 8TURN, AB6IX, TEEN TOP, Stray Kid

Yes, there's a girl group named 'iii' and it's been in the planning for 4 years ever since G-reyish timed out and they've already replaced all the members and that's still the best name they could come up with. :eli:

 

Anyway, tomorrow:

  • MuCore.EP914: MADEIN S, Queenz Eye, RAINBOW18, JUNIEL, JOY, IVE, JEON SOMI, SUNMI, idntt, CMDM, KiXÉ, CORTIS, 8TURN, AMPERS&ONE, AB6IX, TEENTOP, Stray Kids

:cm:

10 hours ago, Graffiti said:

 

Crush released a new mini if anyone's interested. The TT is quite good

Joy needs to call him asap for a joint album.

Also this song sound like a left lover of her work with slom (which is excellent btw), it's good! 

 

8 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

The way Katseye B-Team is essentially the Wannabe girls switching out Ezrela for Lexie and with a new Japanese member instead of Ua

 

they essentially had to make a whole new show just to find another member because Mei dipped with the quickness and Ua/Hinari are just too young

 :sabrina:

Lexie was also supposed to be part of the wannabe team lol! 
 

8 hours ago, FACT said:

Katsgrating you are done

 

ngl they need another strong singer because Samara can't be the only one carrying the singing, also Emily voice is awful! 
That's why I wanted Nayoung back! 

Hmm, Stayc should have let their main vocalists sing this one :suburban:

 

 

aespa album details:

 

BAG ver.

 

Spoiler

GzgCrqCawAErTEY.jpg?name=orig

GzgCsFsbUAAg4lQ.jpg?name=orig

 

ENERGY ver.

 

Spoiler

GzgCmgYasAAwKQR.jpg?name=orig

GzgCnBgbkAE_0ku.jpg?name=orig

BURST ver.

 

Spoiler

GzgCvpEbkAI7Xrf.jpg?name=orig

GzgCwGnbgAAwI4r.jpg?name=orig

GUITAR ver.

 

Spoiler

GzgC0VYasAELKpO.jpg?name=orig

GzgC0ypasAAFRcU.jpg?name=orig

Edited by Zack

Tour of the year TONIGHT

first performance of SOTY Rich Man TONIGHT

+ 4 NEW SOLOS TONIGHT

 

:jonny6:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.