Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

19 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I only ever see you saying this… everyone else has basically universally accepted that 5th gen started in 2023.

 

there are no set rules for when one generation stops and another starts, it's just whatever is commonly accepted. And that's what's been accepted by the industry and by the fans.

 

thank you.

 

spacer.png

That's because you surround yourself by fans of a group that performed mildly by fourth gen standards and so they want to pretend to be 5th gen to shatter all kinds of records LMFAO Like try being objective for two seconds.

 

I've been a K-pop stan since 2nd gen and can remember when f(x) was 3rd gen and NewJeans was 5th gen. K-pop stans are so cyclical. The reality is that a generation is both a measurement of time and the production of the next product in a line.

 

BlackPink is 3rd gen. Who is YG's fourth gen girl group that followed them? BaeMon. NCT are 3rd gen. Who are SM's fourth gen boy group that followed them? RIIZE. It's literally that simple. 2nd gen ran from 2003-2011. 2012-mid 2018 was 3rd gen. Mid 2018-2024 was 4th gen. 

2 hours ago, motherpills said:

golden is a clunkier kids bop version of i am. i am 99% sure the reason why its smashing is because the kids love it. same thing with apt (which is actually a good song).

"I AM" was already embarrassing Kidz Bop. The way they're straining in the chorus. It isn't fair that it was a hit for them while "Either Way" did moderately :weeps: 

4 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

can someone pay some people inside to redacted him i'll chip in

 

spacer.png

It's a suspended sentence. He's confined to his mansion on house arrest for 6 months and then he's got a year of probation after house arrest ends.

3 hours ago, playboi said:

Are blackpink on drugs?

 

well-well-well-old-guy-smoking.gif

Considering YG put out a statement on Rose not being on drugs and the Supreme Court only charged him for lying about B.I, it's likely that they found no evidence that he lied in his claims that Rose wasn't on drugs.

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

I'm guessing we're actually getting a Japanese mini in October or November and then that full in late February or early March. Just in time for BTS to block us from another #1 :ahh: 

5 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

because I find no joy in consuming their content anymore and don't wish to associate with that fanbase.

 

well-well-well-old-guy-smoking.gif

 

5 hours ago, Pluto6 said:

I don't think anyone in here stanned someone as hard and intensely as Oprah did with RIIZE in 2023. You honestly had to be there. The way he spammed non-stop and broke the top poster record in here I think. His RIIZE stanning made me look like I was just a casual SKZ listener in comparison

well-well-well-old-guy-smoking.gif

first they love you and then they switch like? whatever onika said

well-well-well-old-guy-smoking.gif

3 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

GwGxH_2WEAIiXM-?format=jpg&name=largeGwGxIAMWIAAV99Y?format=jpg&name=large

 

Wendy :jonny5: her singing The Road again is going to be everything :jonny5:

This is great news and a good development for a future RV comeback :clap3:

 

SM even used a picture from her ASND photoshoot, instead of a solo picture from when she was still signed to them. 

KARINA confirmed as Nike Global Ambassador

 

GwG2fE-WEAA5P7c?format=jpg&name=large

GwG1Dt1XkAAs4EG?format=jpg&name=large

GwJrN0nWIAEqCm2?format=jpg&name=large

 

🖤

 

GwHjloeWAAA-8DU?format=jpg&name=large

 

Edited by Zack

13 hours ago, Harrier said:

What I mean is that it's the animation removes the barrier created by the physical body and appearance of an Asian person. I think you're misinterpreting me with the idol stuff. Could the writers, producers, and vocalists of K-pop demon hunters have achieved the same success with the same song had they released it themselves and starred in their own music video? Consider that Golden is one of the only ever billboard top 10 hits by an east Asian female. That's insane to me.  It's a taboo and messy topic and I get your gut reaction to my bitterness, but I do get grumpy about the barriers facing people of East Asian appearance especially in US music industry. You're right that it's a net positive and I should check myself on that, but much like Rose only succeeding with the qualifier of Bruno Mars, can't we just have a bonafide hit from an East Asian female artist? Is that too much to ask for?

Yeah I misunderstood :deadbanana2: I completely agree with you, I just had a very strong reaction to the "it's not Asian women" part but I chose to read it kind of uncharitably.

 

I'm happy about the movie doing so well but I won't pretend I'm not also bitter about the fact that our representatives on Billboard so far have been a meme from PSY, 10 of the worst songs BTS have ever released, Rose with Bruno Mars (which is great, but to your point, it's with an asterisk) and... literally nothing else. And re: BTS, we all know what the story is there.

 

I want the art form that I love to be able to break the biggest music market in the world too, and I also agree that it's LONG overdue at this point, but it feels like between the degree of racism towards East Asians in the US and the fact that the general attitude towards k-pop as an Industry seems to range from bewilderment to derision, it's hard to imagine a k-pop girl succeeding as a k-pop girl and not without distancing herself from it a la BP.

 

So yeah I'm with you, I just feel more positively about the movie cause it feels like they really distilled elements of k-pop down into a more English-language-accessible package without taking away the spirit of what it actually is. And against all odds, the general public seems to be open to the fact that they actually like it. To me that feels like a big win that I think signals a shift in attitude towards k-pop that I don't think has ever really been achieved before.

47 minutes ago, Zack said:

This is great news and a good development for a future RV comeback :clap3:

 

SM even used a picture from her ASND photoshoot, instead of a solo picture from when she was still signed to them. 

SM is far less petty than they used to be, which is good. I'm glad these companies are realizing letting their groups comeback regardless of their company is more profit than nothing at all.

 

Seems like all SNSD (minus Jessica), RV and SHINee members that left SM are on good terms with them for group comebacks.

43 minutes ago, Zack said:

KARINA confirmed as Nike Global Ambassador

 

GwG2fE-WEAA5P7c?format=jpg&name=large

GwG1Dt1XkAAs4EG?format=jpg&name=large

GwJrN0nWIAEqCm2?format=jpg&name=large

 

🖤

 

GwHjloeWAAA-8DU?format=jpg&name=large

 

Not Nike clapping the international antis who tried to tarnish Karina's image. In Queen Karina we trust! :sistrens:

Please support your local starving twinks by streaming their latest performance 

 

 

This comeback has been a great success they've doubled or tripled on most metrics from their debut, and they seem to be inspiring particularly devoted fans or bringing Kpop boomers out of retirement (like me). No hope they will ever see success in Korea so every international gay that gets on board matters :clap3:

22 minutes ago, Eternium said:

@Zack Thots?

Interesting, so it does exist...

 

There has been a lot of misinformation surrounding "Rich Man"...this is the first time we've heard them mention this title so directly

 

The next comeback is seems very likely for September (after JOY) and it makes sense that they are recording and filming things now before the tour begins. There's also a break between September and October in the tour schedule for this comeback to fit in.

@Mitsuki I can't believe it's already been a year since their last official, promoted Korean comeback. ATE was truly that era - honestly my top 2 albums from them:jonny2:

 

Edited by Pluto6

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.