Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

 

Omg :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

HUH??? Starship needs to sue, enough of this bs. :rip: 

everyone gagging over Golden being ripoff of I Am, as if I Am itself isn't just an Ava Max song with vocals riding the struggle bus

 

what's going awn

 

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

 

 

Golden at 300k UL. Finally :clap3: It feels like its been forever since a big hit

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

everyone gagging over Golden being ripoff of I Am, as if I Am itself isn't just an Ava Max song with vocals riding the struggle bus

 

what's going awn

 

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

 

 

because I AM has a unison singing chorus so it's the superior song

 

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

JUMP has grown on me officially :duca: excited for an album (not fully believing until it's 100% confirmed tho, YG is full of disappointments)

 

 will be listening to these on repeat since I just know The Girls will be included like Ready for Love was, one less song for that lazy company to prepare :fan:

 

 

 

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator

Twice b-sides are like Nicki’s coke — potent, powerful and often repeated. :suburban:

 

 

People clowning the director for that Jennie tweet and the lack of acknowledgement for IVE but girlie is probably just avoiding the potential lawsuits 

 

 

:lmao:

So what happened to PLAVE? I feel like they just disappeared 

 

 

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

everyone gagging over Golden being ripoff of I Am, as if I Am itself isn't just an Ava Max song with vocals riding the struggle bus

 

what's going awn

 

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

 

 

I AM is a lot more pleasant to listen to even with all the screeching because the girls' vocal tones are gorgeous. Those Huntrix Robot birches can wish.  Also there was no struggle bus for IVE queens, they always kill it in live setting

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

24 minutes ago, lauvender said:

JUMP has grown on me officially :duca: excited for an album (not fully believing until it's 100% confirmed tho, YG is full of disappointments)

 

 will be listening to these on repeat since I just know The Girls will be included like Ready for Love was, one less song for that lazy company to prepare :fan:

 

 

 

idk if it's an unpopular opinion but THE GIRLS is a bop :jamming:

10 minutes ago, EndofASadMovie said:

 

 

People clowning the director for that Jennie tweet and the lack of acknowledgement for IVE but girlie is probably just avoiding the potential lawsuits 

 

 

:lmao:

What potential lawsuits? There's no way they are getting sued for anything lmao

24 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

 

With thee amount of idols who have mentioned this issue before I guess it must be a big thing behind the scenes… I wonder if it will ever blow up in anyone's faces

5 hours ago, Sailor Moon said:

it's insane how twice cant chart on korean platforms nowadays, like barely even cracking the top 100 (despite being digital monsters in their early years).

what is blocking them and why is korea saying NO! :deadbanana2:

There's definitely something fishy going on behind the scenes ngl. Because it's one thing not being able to chart high, but to completely disappear DESPITE being digital juggernauts earlier? Like you could make an argument that their image change into a more mature change turned off a lot of fans who liked them for their cutesy image, and while there is some truth to it, but then again Feel Special, More and More, I Can't Stop Me, Alcohol Free etc were still top 10 hits. Their real "not charting" time started well after 2021….and there was no reason a song like Talk That Talk, which is a perfect combination of the earlier Twice charm and the current Twice pop excellence into one, would struggle to chart. I feel like JYP pissed off Melon somewhere along the way when it comes to Twice and they were like "**** you" in response, cause this doesn't make sense at all. Because we can see the girls are still loved in the country, their viral dance challenges are still happening, they're still doing Korean ads and cfs, still winning korean music shows, still doing successful Korean concerts…so why not just chart on the Korean charts? Are they blackballed?
 

Honestly we fans should feel lucky that this happened when it happened for someone like Twice because they're now legends who have already achieved all the digital success in the past and have now made a solid fanbase for themselves, so that allows them to continue without hesitation. And they have shifted their priorities to touring and other things where the actual money is while also constantly releasing music. Honestly that's like an ideal scenario for any group, to reach that level of stability in their careers. But for someone like Nmixx or other newer groups for example, it's tricky because they don't have that kinda legacy to reach that level of stability. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

everyone gagging over Golden being ripoff of I Am, as if I Am itself isn't just an Ava Max song with vocals riding the struggle bus

 

what's going awn

 

ezgif-7785f1051e2601.gif

 

 

I think more the point is Golden is so mediocre and so clearly and obviously worse than I Am while being similar, so it feels dirty for it to be smashing so hard lol. 

Like why is this the first truly mainstream K-pop girl group hit ever when it's so ****. Our girls have been releasing dozens of smashes since 2nd gen and it's crickets from locals for those and now that it's animated instead of actual Asian women, locals like it. I Am (bitter)

 

 


 

The only performance I want to watch again

 

He came out of nowhere. Currently in ranking 25. Definitely will rise a lot next week.

 

Temu Hanbin is so mid. Not him performed Sweat. I see your intention. 

10 minutes ago, Edu said:

the way we got boys planet 2 before another girls planet season

I mean I'm assuming we'll be getting Girls Planet S2 next year. Hopefully.

 

 

29 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I think more the point is Golden is so mediocre and so clearly and obviously worse than I Am while being similar, so it feels dirty for it to be smashing so hard lol. 

Like why is this the first truly mainstream K-pop girl group hit ever when it's so ****. Our girls have been releasing dozens of smashes since 2nd gen and it's crickets from locals for those and now that it's animated instead of actual Asian women, locals like it. I Am (bitter)

 

 

Wait a minute, literally speak for yourself :deadbanana2: It's a perfectly fine song with a more accessible sound than IVE's and better vocals (I do not blame the American public for not being interested in what sounds like children's attempts to sing a nursery rhyme) that is, in fact, sung by - and I realize this might be a shock - actual Asian women! From an IP which was worked on by a higher-than-average number of Asian artists! None of whom, I think it's safe to assume, are children who dropped out of school to participate only to rack up thousands in debt and not get paid. So music aside, in terms of ethics of consumption the movie definitely > k-pop, not that that was even a conversation.

 

I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth and I too want (some) k-pop girl groups to get international attention but you sure seem to be implying that there's a problem when Asian people who aren't idols are successful. Like, why do you feel like this is taking something away from k-pop girl groups? It's literally the same people working on this project. The lead singers in the movie are literally writers for some of the biggest k-pop groups. The only difference between this and a physical k-pop group is that no teenagers had to starve themselves or get their bones sawed down. Literally a complete net positive for everyone :emofish:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.