30: What's next for Adele?

T.O.A.D.S.

Adele suffered the fourth album curse and after the latest single "OMG" flopped, "I Drink Wine" failed to take off after the Brit Awards performance and a cancelled Vegas residency and rumours of diva behaviour, things aren’t looking good for Miss Adkins.

With many fans hoping that a Grammys performance - which didn't happen - would revive the era, what’s next for Adele? How can she save the era? Can she recover?

Y’all are beating a dead horse at this point :rip: 

There’s like 5 active threads about 30’s underperformance. Let her Rest In Peace please!

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

Wait seven years to release a piano ballad in november followed by 10 sleepy songs about heartbreak

Wait ten years to release a piano ballad in November with a black and white music video followed by 9 dreary songs inspired by her divorce and/or breakup.

Wait fifteen years to release a piano ballad in November filmed on vintage film and released exclusively on cassette followed by 8 lullabies inspired by her falling out of love with music and two 30 outtakes.

If I were in her/her label's shoes, this is what I'd do:

- Reschedule the Vegas residency asap

- Book a big magazine profile cover to set the narrative straight about the Vegas cancellation and clean up her image 

- Push "Can I Get It" for the summer (even tho I don't see it going anywhere but it's worth a try)

- Release "I Drink Wine" as a big fall single with the MV and live promo as sort of a re-launch of 30 in time for the holiday season (+ it'd also work as a Grammy campaign)

And then finish the 30 era with the inevitable Grammys sweep :clap3:

Not even going to consider a world tour since she's probably never doing one again

After that, I'd slowly start working on the next album. Another 6 year break could be disastrous, so imo, A5 should come around like 2024, or 2025 at the latest.

2 years after 30 is probably too soon for her, so 3 years are more realistic, but I definitely wouldn't go beyond 4 years.

Edited by Feanor

release a deluxe version at the beginning of summer with some bangers a la Set fire to the rain or Water under the bridge

If she doesnt come back hard within the next 3 years I fear she's over

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

- Book a big magazine profile cover to set the narrative straight about the Vegas cancellation and clean up her image

Girl :ahh:

This is not the 90s anymore. If they want to clear her image a magazine cover is simply not the way to do it. 

Hopefully retirement. Would rather not hear any new dreary, wretched tunes. 

A third single obviously.

I mean I would be BORED too if I’ve outsold everyone in a single week.

BIG REPUTATION tingz

I only see two good options for Adele. Either let the era die or try to revive it.
If she wants to revive the era, she should release a third single as soon as possible to get another hit. She should also reschedule the Vegas residency for the summer.
If she wants to let the era die, she should cancel the residency and communicate that she is already working on a new album. The new album should come out next year, because she really can't afford another long break, especially when she's not touring.

The next album will obviously be 21 3.0. If she had any artistic depth or creativity we would've seen it by now.

Same album, less sales, no tour, more diva antics… 

:sistrens:

45, then retirement

1 hour ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Release a furniture line

Idk why this got me...

But this is an image to back up your post...

FB-IMG-1650886721485.jpg

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

Release her The Velvet Rope

But let's be honest, if all our faves underperform like Adele all of us would be happy. A smash global hit and the bestselling album of the year.

next album will have another:

SMASH LEAD SINGLE

BEST SELLING ALBUM

MAJOR GRAMMY AWARDS

all that without lifting the same efforts like the other girls, no wonder they got y'all madd.

1 minute ago, robbyds said:

Release her The Velvet Rope

But let's be honest, if all our faves underperform like Adele all of us would be happy. A smash global hit and the bestselling album of the year.

supertiffany

in their wildest dreams

supertiffany

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.