Everything posted by Velvet Night
-
Is Taylor's backlash valid?
As a fan of Taylor, I think the backlash is both valid and completely over the top. Yes, she deserves criticism for her recent music. The Life of a Showgirl and The Encore have been really disappointing, and neither feels like the Taylor who made albums I could put on repeat for months. But the level of hate she gets goes far beyond fair criticism. A lot of it has little to do with the music and more to do with her being one of the most visible people on the planet. I also think coming back so quickly after the Eras Tour and TTPD was a mistake. Releasing that much material in such a short window meant the public never got a chance to miss her. Even people who used to love her seem tired, and honestly I get it. Constant rollouts, variants, and re-releases make it hard for anything to feel special. Most of all, the music itself makes it obvious she isn't feeling creatively inspired right now. Lately it seems like she's releasing because she can, not because she has something to say. That's a fair thing to call out, but it doesn't justify the pile-on.
-
Is Taylor officially creatively bankrupt?
It seems like she's hit a creative wall, and she's regressed a lot. I really don't like the production on any of these new tracks and the song writing has fallen off too.
-
UN delegates walk out on war criminal Benjamin Netanyahu
Good! No normal person wants to listen to genocidal psychopath
-
Hannah Einbinder and Susan Sarandon detained by police while protesting Netanyahu
I applaud anyone who uses their platform and takes risks to stand up for human rights.
- Lionel Richie hospitalized again
-
Your name will be changed to the last drug you've taken / given to another…
Hej my name is Levothyroxine
-
Wolf Alice - 'The Clearing'
The Sofa is so beautiful! I wish I hadn't listened to live versions, so I could fully appreciate how good the recorded version is with fresh ears.
-
Wet Leg - 'moisturizer'
Great album, it's full of bangers! However I do miss some of the humour and punkiness from their debut. mangetout and pillow talk are the standouts tracks for me
-
Kanye West Accused of Sexual Battery, Sex Trafficking by Former Assistant
If we learned one thing it's that enough money will get him no time.
-
Lorde in absolute tears sparks concern
This is middle school behaviour
-
Florence Welch sparks rumors of a 2025 album
I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but it's becoming harder and harder…
-
Lily Allen says she can't remember how many abortions she's had
Fair enough on the math, but it was the way Lily framed it. Like it was casual or forgettable, that felt off. Abortions are taxing on the body and shouldn't be treated like birth control. They're a necessary option, but not a substitute for contraception. Also, a woman can only get pregnant for a limited part of her life, so 4–5 abortions is still quite a lot in that context.
-
Florence + the Machine
I MANIFEST THAT SHE DROPS THE ALBUM ON HALLOWEEN, ITS ON A FRIDAY
-
Diddy denied bail, prostitution sentencing on Oct.3rd (likely 4yrs max)
Omg these people are truly sick. I hate this world
-
Lily Allen says she can't remember how many abortions she's had
I'm totally pro-choice, but an abortion is not supposed to be a regular occurrence imo
-
Lana Del Rey responds to a 3 star review of her concert
I'm glad a publication is finally honest and isn't kissing her lazy ass! Although 3 stars is still too much imo. In regards to Lana's statement I have no idea what she's trying to say. But it would be great if she listened to the valid criticism for once.
-
Diddy denied bail, prostitution sentencing on Oct.3rd (likely 4yrs max)
I'm not even surprised. When I heard that some of the jurors were laughing and rolling their eyes when the prosecutors were presenting their case I knew he would only get a slap on the wrist.
-
Donald Trump (Home Alone 2, The Apprentice) to deport Elon Musk(?)
On the one hand, I find it hilarious that he would deport Musk, but on the other, it's scary that he would even consider deporting a citizen.
-
Budapest hosts its biggest Pride parade ever
What a colourful "**** you" to Orbán. Love to see it! May the era of the autocrat end soon!
-
Son of Norway's crown princess charged with rape, sexual assault and bodily harm
I'm glad he's been charged. He's a predator who's been protected by Norway's royal family. I hope his victims find some peace.
-
Is Lana being forced to do this stadium tour?
Not sure if she's being forced to do it, but it really doesn't feel like she wants to be there. Lana's just not a stadium artist, her music and energy don't fit that setting at all. And for the prices she's charging, which are basically Beyoncé/Taylor Swift levels, people have every right to expect a real show. She's never been the strongest performer, sure, but relying on holograms and singing a bunch of covers no one asked for? That's a new low for her and honestly embarrassing. It feels lazy and disrespectful to her fans who actually showed up and paid good money.
-
MARINA says she has PTSD from Love + Fear and only remembers two songs
Can't blame her, I forgot about it as well. That album felt like background music for an H&M fitting room. I don't think I've listened to it since 2019.
-
Lorde sings about Pamela Anderson's sextape
Kinda weird that Lorde is romanticizing Pamela Anderson's leaked sex tape. That was a massive violation of her privacy, not a metaphor for lost innocence or whatever. Feels tone-deaf and disrespectful tbh
-
Lana Del Rey starts sold out stadium tour (setlist included)
Lana was never an amazing live performer but it seems like she's not even trying anymore. Including holograms of performances in an already short set is just lazy. if she's not feeling it then maybe she shouldn't tour
-
Taylor Swift & boyfriend flexing with NFL podcasters
People are really overanalysing this. I'm sure Taylor took pics with way more than just those two MAGA guys, it was a big event with 250+ people. It's pretty unrealistic, especially in the US, to expect someone not to end up socialising or snapping a photo with someone who happens to be MAGA.