Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

12 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

:ahh:

Omg I just sent that to @Artur I'm screaming :dies: 

 

Its so perfect :laugh:

4 hours ago, Smarticle said:

 

I failed :redface:

 

Me too. I thought it was from the walking dead

 

Just bopping to sour candy... Imagine a 2020 with a summer MV drop and a remix EP with performance in Japan :jonnykin: f*ck Covid!

Edited by Mr. Stratus

5 hours ago, Before the Dawn said:

Abra did well but I can't shake the feeling that its numbers don't really reflect how big it felt

I think the thing about Gaga is she's got a very divided audience. GP who like her old hits and also her ballads, her fandom which is large but not as large as some other girls and certain songs are also very popular with younger people but that's more specific to stuff that's big on tiktok. I think Abra is a really big hit with her fandom and it definitely has some GP and tiktok appeal too but not enough to be a huge streaming hit. We're an older fandom now Gaga's younger fans will not support everything and her older fans are less likely to stream as much. It also didn't help that Abra had to compete with Kendrick's massive superbowl effect in the US. That song has performed simmilar to Rain On Me there but it doesn't feel the same because ROM went number 1.  Abra has had a huge effect on culture so I could see it having amazing longterm numbers though. 

5 hours ago, Before the Dawn said:

Abra did well but I can't shake the feeling that its numbers don't really reflect how big it felt

Yeah it sucks, but also.. it literally feels much bigger than its numbers which in the end is what matters. It will 100% join Gaga's other classics like Judas, Bloody Mary and ofc her old hits. It won't be BR/PF level obvi, but it will be up there with Telephone, Papa, Judas etc. which is enough! 

I haven't followed the tour news in a few weeks, she's doing Joanne as the encore songs now, right? What is there left after that? AISB?

I can't wait to see what she does in Paris!

13 minutes ago, Lament said:

I haven't followed the tour news in a few weeks, she's doing Joanne as the encore songs now, right? What is there left after that? AISB?

I can't wait to see what she does in Paris!

Chromatica and The Fame left for the studio albums. 

41 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

Chromatica and The Fame left for the studio albums. 

YES!!!! omg

Babylon and Free Woman for my dates please 

1 hour ago, Lament said:

YES!!!! omg

Babylon and Free Woman for my dates please 

She should've done Chrome tracks for the UK as its best market. SFA would've been cool

2 hours ago, Nicholai said:

Chromatica and The Fame left for the studio albums. 

She betta do Disco Heaven, Retro Dance Freak and Again Again!

1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

She should've done Chrome tracks for the UK as its best market. SFA would've been cool

if it's the best market it doesn't need the boost

11 hours ago, Before the Dawn said:

Abra did well but I can't shake the feeling that its numbers don't really reflect how big it felt

I see Abra ending up as a remembered hit like I'm a Slave 4 U, Run the World, etc. Songs that just happened to have less than ideal chart peaks but are still highly relevant in the zeitgeist, which is what ultimately matters overall.

 

There's a whole pantheon of iconic hits that didn't go #1 or top 10. The public will remember Abracadabra as an official hit.

 

 

So I was looking at Gaga's submissions and I think next year the worst case scenario is: BPVA (Mayhem) + Best Dance Pop Recording (Abracadabra) + Best Music Video (Abracadabra). 

 

I think she"ll get at least 3 but we never know. The nominations should give us a better idea as if she gets a lot of noms rejected we should adjust expectations.

 

I do think considering the year she's had, and how DWAS was lowkey snubbed, this is the bare minimum and a worse result than this would be very disappointing, but of course it could still happen. 

 

Getting these 3 + a GF would be a good result and anything else is a cherry on top. Getting 2 GF for Abracadabra or AOTY would be amazing, and the 3 of them just mindblowing (highly unlikely of course). 

Random thots about Ga:

 

I saw a comment yesterday about how Wale was too early with his Gaga collab, that if just released a season later she could have carried the feature by her name alone. I was thinking how excruciatingly slow the US was to fully embrace her, and how by the time they did she'd already moved on from The Fame to The Fame Monster. I could go on, like with her hyperpop adjacent art with ARTPOP, her being ahead of fashion with her goth aesthetic this year etc. I feel like sometimes her problem is that she's so far ahead of the curve that she can't benefit from being in the curve. It's like she's in touch with a collective unconscious but gets her ideas faster than when they've finally hit popular consciousness. 

well, my two week solo trip to Japan has arrived. I'm here at the airport waiting to board.

 

I am listening to Gypsy and "I don't wanna be alone forever but I can be… tonight". is literally making me tear up. I'm honestly so scared to do this. I've never been alone in a place so far away. But this has been one of my dreams and I'm doing it no matter how scared I am. thank you Gaga for giving me strength

4 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

well, my two week solo trip to Japan has arrived. I'm here at the airport waiting to board.

 

I am listening to Gypsy and "I don't wanna be alone forever but I can be… tonight". is literally making me tear up. I'm honestly so scared to do this. I've never been alone in a place so far away. But this has been one of my dreams and I'm doing it no matter how scared I am. thank you Gaga for giving me strength

Everything is going to be fine, surely. You'll have a lot of fun and also I'm sure it'll also be very rewarding to keep a plan even if it scares you.

26 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

Random thots about Ga:

 

I saw a comment yesterday about how Wale was too early with his Gaga collab, that if just released a season later she could have carried the feature by her name alone. I was thinking how excruciatingly slow the US was to fully embrace her, and how by the time they did she'd already moved on from The Fame to The Fame Monster. I could go on, like with her hyperpop adjacent art with ARTPOP, her being ahead of fashion with her goth aesthetic this year etc. I feel like sometimes her problem is that she's so far ahead of the curve that she can't benefit from being in the curve. It's like she's in touch with a collective unconscious but gets her ideas faster than when they've finally hit popular consciousness. 

I think the song was just too "urban". Had nothing to do with her Fame sound. Same thing Beyonce had to face with Video Phone

10 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Everything is going to be fine, surely. You'll have a lot of fun and also I'm sure it'll also be very rewarding to keep a plan even if it scares you.

thank you :heart: 

Spotify Weekly Top Albums Sweden

 

#7 MAYHEM +13
#9 The Fame Monster +9
#26 The Fame +17
#64 Born This Way +133
#93 A Star is Born +31

Dare I say Abra is up there with BR and PF. It was huge among gen alpha, just wait until they get their own Spotify accounts.

kellyclarkson.gif.8d86709ef8b36019e02878

 

Now would be the time to give it one last big push on radio, but probably won't happen. It will probably only peak around #50 on radio :sosad:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.