Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Canonical Ensembl said:

I’m not sure if the fire sacrificial ritual in HMH will be allowed in the London shows. I heard that UK is generally restrictive about fire thingy. 

Wasn’t the reason they barely used fire at the 2011 Madison Square Garden Monster Ball shows because firefighters requested her not to do so (I think it was 9/11 related)

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

What? You say that she almost always misses the mark with her latest videos, but then praise 2/3 of her latest videos?

talking about her videos since or after Artpop era basically

I think whatever Babylon visual people were talking about is the one in the backdrop here. I hope we get them all soon.

 

 

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I think whatever Babylon visual people were talking about is the one in the backdrop here. I hope we get them all soon.

 

 

GODDDDDD THIS IS SO GOOD. THE VISUALS FOR THIS ACT WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

 

I know the Madonna comparisons are boring and tired, but she really served Madonna during this act and throughout the show, but like, GOOD Madonna, powerhouse performer Madonna, Madonna at her peak. It felt so good.

12 minutes ago, SixWholeYears said:

We need Applause and one more BTW track (GH or HML) - is this her shortest setlist ever? 

The number of songs are quite the same, but we’re in the age full of 2.5-min ringtones which is why everything was going really fast. 

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I think whatever Babylon visual people were talking about is the one in the backdrop here. I hope we get them all soon.

 

 

I need her to wear the short bob at some of the shows :chick1:

  • ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

GODDDDDD THIS IS SO GOOD. THE VISUALS FOR THIS ACT WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

 

I know the Madonna comparisons are boring and tired, but she really served Madonna during this act and throughout the show, but like, GOOD Madonna, powerhouse performer Madonna, Madonna at her peak. It felt so good.

!!

 

Visuals, outfits, and her transitions gave me peak Madonna touring vibes. 

A thing to note is she's also performing the songs fully; no using it as interlude bg music, no cutting short/mashing up. So while 20 songs feels short on paper, they're still taking up a good amount of time.

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Just now, Bang Up said:

GODDDDDD THIS IS SO GOOD. THE VISUALS FOR THIS ACT WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

 

I know the Madonna comparisons are boring and tired, but she really served Madonna during this act and throughout the show, but like, GOOD Madonna, powerhouse performer Madonna, Madonna at her peak. It felt so good.

Totally agreed and the "tired" comparisons make sense for once. :clap3:Not sure if it was intentional but some moments during the show and the industrial staging felt like a nod to Madge's Blond Ambition and Michael's HIStory tours and I love that. That aesthetic was obviously more in line with the album's theme than the Stupid Love color palette and neon outfits.  

I hope LG7 and JFAD have some 5-minute songs. Two minute songs are great for stream grinding, but in tours, they leave very little space for the crowds to participate. :giraffe: 

She looks so good in jumpsuits. I loved the preference for it over bodysuits. I think its one of the factors that makes her dancing look more fluid, idk how to explain it.

 

Bodysuits look unconfortable af. 

I also got those vibes :fan:

 

I legit thing part of it is because the looks were serving classic. Like the wide high-waisted pants, blazer and short hair.

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

!!

 

Visuals, outfits, and her transitions gave me peak Madonna touring vibes. 

 

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Totally agreed and the "tired" comparisons make sense for once. :clap3:Not sure if it was intentional but some moments during the show and the industrial staging felt like a nod to Madge's Blond Ambition and Michael's HIStory tours and I love that. That aesthetic was obviously more in line with the album's theme than the Stupid Love color palette and neon outfits.  

:jonny: I've always watched Madonna's shows in amazement wishing Gaga would one day do something like them. And last night she did. The scale of this show is immense and I think that's what gave it such Madonna vibes. Say what you want about Madge, but she has a knack for combining performances with massive visuals in a way that never seem like the production is doing the work. Gaga served that last night.

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I need her to wear the short bob at some of the shows :chick1:

The way I thought it was the Enigma wig at first sksksksk the PTSD is real :dies:

 

I neeeed this pic in higher quality :jonnycat:

 

FX461XTUcAEXcpw?format=jpg&name=360x360

the Free Woman performance was such a ******* SLAY :jonny2:

 

honestly the video of her waking through the crowd could be the music video, it was so perfect and you couldn’t take your eyes off her. the attitude, the outfit, the vocals, the pure slayage in its purest form :jonny4:

so besides the unbearable heat I had an AMAZINGGGGG experience seeing her for the first time :jonnycat:
 

her face when she came out, i KNEW she was about to KILL US ALL. it was like peak tfm gaga but MORE POLISHED!! 
 

i couldn’t believe it. i felt like witnessing living legend and she was serving MJ at certain point. 
 

also her SCREAMS. WHEWWWW. i was collapsing every time she screamed at us. it was so classic gaga and hollywood ga was NOWHERE to be seen!!! 
 

only thing is, I felt like golden circle maybe wasn’t worth it cuz she interacts more with fans at other places :rip: 

Yup when I saw those Babylon clips on Twitter my mind instantly thought of Madonna lol. And it was my favorite performance of that night tbh

She served both Madonna and MJ in certain moments. We stan a legend in the making.

17 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

GODDDDDD THIS IS SO GOOD. THE VISUALS FOR THIS ACT WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

 

I know the Madonna comparisons are boring and tired, but she really served Madonna during this act and throughout the show, but like, GOOD Madonna, powerhouse performer Madonna, Madonna at her peak. It felt so good.

I saw a Madonna stan on twitter say the whole show was based on Madonna because the stage was an "M" :ahh: :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, iconicyayo said:

so besides the unbearable heat I had an AMAZINGGGGG experience seeing her for the first time :jonnycat:

:jonny5: so happy my fellow monster had a great time, hopefully I get to see her for the first time too if she announces more dates :gaycat6:

Her team needs to upload the interludes on YouTube :jonny:

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The way I thought it was the Enigma wig at first sksksksk the PTSD is real :dies:

 

I neeeed this pic in higher quality :jonnycat:

 

FX461XTUcAEXcpw?format=jpg&name=360x360

It almost looks like the marry the night bob! I hope we see it sometime in the future.

2 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I saw a Madonna stan on twitter say the whole show was based on Madonna because the stage was an "M" :ahh: :deadbanana2:

and then their care taker turned off the internet because it was time for meds and bed.

 

7 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

the Free Woman performance was such a ******* SLAY :jonny2:

 

honestly the video of her waking through the crowd could be the music video, it was so perfect and you couldn’t take your eyes off her. the attitude, the outfit, the vocals, the pure slayage in its purest form :jonny4:

The camera work! The way they turned her walking from one stage to the other into an entire performance. Her serving face at the camera the entire time. :jonny:

 

44 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

HOW and WHY does she keep SLAYING tour visuals but almost always missing the mark in her actual music videos lately (except for the random slayage of Rain on Me and 911's mvs) :deadbanana:like miss Man proved ONCE AGAIN that she has a knack for visuals and still has IT but why cant she / her team serve this level of quality for music videos?! I- 

I obvi can't speak for her, but I think it's just really about what mind space she's in at the time and how good she's feeling about her work. I think it takes the perfect combination of collaborators and mood for her to work at her best, and that combination just so happened to exist during the creation of this tour.

 

But I also think tour visuals are easier to create than music videos. Lots of hands are in the pot when it comes to music videos, but not so much tour visuals.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.