Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

should we expect the triple singles to drop this year or in 2026? :cupid:
 

we need a poll on this

spacer.png

 

spacer.png
 

spacer.png


spacer.png

 

The overall Renaissance aesthetic remains unmatched in her career.

Edited by Kalmanta

What was the Hive response to IASF dropping like? That release was before my time online, I was only around from 4 onwards

Spoiler

I still remember when that leaked and there was a fan made website that hosted the full album available to listen online :skull:

 

6 hours ago, Devin said:

three lead single drop is chaotic yet on brand lol.

 

1 - gp leaning

1 - rock leaning

1 - psychedelic funk leaning

 

:jonny2:

I remember being around in 2015 for the last #Tringle. What a chaotic way to make a comeback lol.

 

 

12 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I remember being around in 2015 for the last #Tringle. What a chaotic way to make a comeback lol.

 

 

jojo being the originator of tringle is kinda iconic

3 hours ago, Bicassie said:

should we expect the triple singles to drop this year or in 2026? :cupid:

2026. 

 

This year is basically a write-off for any major releases not already announced, IMO.

 

Taylor is coming in October and will almost certainly dominate the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 album chart through to the Xmas freeze.

 

Same with Sabrina Carpenter and the usual suspects (Drake etc). 

 

I'm dually Chart Hive and realist Hive, so I know present-day Bey thrives (particularly with her launch singles) when there is minimal competition. That typically is Q1 post-Xmas freeze. All the holiday songs drop, and most campaign budgets aren't ramped up or locked in, so it's basically a "coast clear" scenario for our girl. Ever noticed how many "label DGAF releases" are rolled out in Jan and Feb? Same with parts of the summer.  It's a "thing", especially in R&B, sadly.

 

Bey, of course, is a label priority, so dropping in that frame gives her the spotlight to herself (relatively speaking). 

 

Sidebar: I'm slightly OCD with our fave, so I literally can't wait to be out of the pressure cooker of this trilogy rollout. Mainly because of the expectations of each successive release to do better than its predecessor. So far, Bey has pulled off #1 debuts with strong sales and #1 charting leads. She's been an album seller, but we all know what we've been through with singles. So I highkey find that most impressive. At the same time, I don't want Act III to be the era that doesn't deliver a hit single while managing on the album sales front. Or vice versa. It'll all be so much more glaring because she has tied it all together as one big project. In being the closer/crowning release, I kinda want/need it to do as well if not better than its predecessors as an exclamation mark of sorts. Something she doesn't make easy for herself (or us, by proxy) with this no visuals, no promo motif.

 

Post trilogy, her standalone releases will IMO, be more so allowed to stand on their own ground - for better or worse - in terms of commercial performance. For example, if B10 drops with 299k first week, I don't think anyone is going to tug at her wig for CC doing better. Whereas, if after all the momentum of Rennie and CC, she starts to "underperform" with Act III, it wouldn't be the best look.

 

Anyway, short story short (lmao), my vote goes to 2026 for all the reasons above.

1 hour ago, mariposa said:

What was the Hive response to IASF dropping like? That release was before my time online, I was only around from 4 onwards

  Hide contents

I still remember when that leaked and there was a fan made website that hosted the full album available to listen online :skull:

 

Chile, we went up!

 

That was peak Bey in terms of her unapologetic pop-star-ness. 

 

DIL planted the seed, B-Day watered it, and IASF was the result of it all. 

 

It's not my fave Bey album, but IMO the Hive does a lot of revisionist behavior when it comes to the reality of that album and era. 

 

It was "the" era that officially and permanently ushered her out of R&B girl territory with the Ashanti's and, more credibly, the Alicia Keys'. Like, if Bey never had a hit song or album after that, she would still be an icon off the back of IASF.


And while a lot of this can seem centered on the era more than the music, the reality is that we ate up the music too (even if a lot of the Pop side hasn't aged as well).

 

For all the hits that came from that era, we were so enarmored with the album itself that there were still calls for Radio, Hello, Scared of Lonely, etc to get their shine as official singles.   

 

Add to that the mastery of her omnipresence (Mathew era management, at that time and for that time was unmatched) and it was just magic. 

 

I love that our girl has such a broad range of fans, but I feel a special kind of blessed to know what that album/era gave and appreciate what her current music/brand/positioning grew into.

Edited by Cbreezy

If she serves something like this with her iconic voice (and harmonies) it's over :duca: She won't even have to worry about competition (and she doesn't anyway)

 

 

Edited by Crayzik

34 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

2026. 

 

This year is basically a write-off for any major releases not already announced, IMO.

 

Taylor is coming in October and will almost certainly dominate the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 album chart through to the Xmas freeze.

 

Same with Sabrina Carpenter and the usual suspects (Drake etc). 

 

I'm dually Chart Hive and realist Hive, so I know present-day Bey thrives (particularly with her launch singles) when there is minimal competition. That typically is Q1 post-Xmas freeze. All the holiday songs drop, and most campaign budgets aren't ramped up or locked in, so it's basically a "coast clear" scenario for our girl. Ever noticed how many "label DGAF releases" are rolled out in Jan and Feb? Same with parts of the summer.  It's a "thing", especially in R&B, sadly.

 

Bey, of course, is a label priority, so dropping in that frame gives her the spotlight to herself (relatively speaking). 

 

Sidebar: I'm slightly OCD with our fave, so I literally can't wait to be out of the pressure cooker of this trilogy rollout. Mainly because of the expectations of each successive release to do better than its predecessor. So far, Bey has pulled off #1 debuts with strong sales and #1 charting leads. She's been an album seller, but we all know what we've been through with singles. So I highkey find that most impressive. At the same time, I don't want Act III to be the era that doesn't deliver a hit single while managing on the album sales front. Or vice versa. It'll all be so much more glaring because she has tied it all together as one big project. In being the closer/crowning release, I kinda want/need it to do as well if not better than its predecessors as an exclamation mark of sorts. Something she doesn't make easy for herself (or us, by proxy) with this no visuals, no promo motif.

 

Post trilogy, her standalone releases will IMO, be more so allowed to stand on their own ground - for better or worse - in terms of commercial performance. For example, if B10 drops with 299k first week, I don't think anyone is going to tug at her wig for CC doing better. Whereas, if after all the momentum of Rennie and CC, she starts to "underperform" with Act III, it wouldn't be the best look.

 

Anyway, short story short (lmao), my vote goes to 2026 for all the reasons above.

the big advantage that act lll has is that she could choose to go all out with it by adding the release of the visuals with it :jonny:

 

IF she really is going for the whole rock persona like we are assuming then a live element has to be coming with it aswell…and i'm not talking only a tour in that case :cupid:

 

I feel she'll go all in for the final act but that's just me hoping for her to secure this trilogy to end with the "BANG" it deserves:coffee2:

Edited by Bicassie

10 minutes ago, Crayzik said:

If she serves something like this with her iconic voice (and harmonies) it's over :duca: She won't even have to worry about competition (and she doesn't anyway)

 

 

No shade (at all, I promise), but I just don't see Bey doing this Becky kind of Rock for Act III. 

 

Narratively, the whole notion of reclaiming genres is to show and celebrate the fact that said genres have their roots in Blackness and were birthed and championed by Black artists.

 

So, it just figures IMO that she's more likely to lean on the sonic sounds of said artists like Tina Turner, Prince, Little Richard, and similar. All of which naturally plug into her own R&B/soulful foundation. So, moreso soul-infused Rock & Roll than anything Metal, grungey, or too out of the box.

 

That said, I can see her sprinkling in some conventionally Becky rock elements to be mass appealing and slightly on-the-nose, as that is tried and proven to drive home her genre switch motif (see: CC).

17 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

No shade (at all, I promise), but I just don't see Bey doing this Becky kind of Rock for Act III. 

 

Narratively, the whole notion of reclaiming genres is to show and celebrate the fact that said genres have their roots in Blackness and were birthed and championed by Black artists.

 

So, it just figures IMO that she's more likely to lean on the sonic sounds of said artists like Tina Turner, Prince, Little Richard, and similar. All of which naturally plug into her own R&B/soulful foundation. So, moreso soul-infused Rock & Roll than anything Metal, grungey, or too out of the box.

 

That said, I can see her sprinkling in some conventionally Becky rock elements to be mass appealing and slightly on-the-nose, as that is tried and proven to drive home her genre switch motif (see: CC).

Yup she'll keep it mostly black music inspired but will have small hints of white rock on some of the album tracks just like how she had lil hints on rennie and cc but it all mostly being a "BEYONCÉ" take on the rock genre.

 

we should expect things like why dont you love me, yaya, suga mama, green light, 1+1 and ofcourse sounds from the black artists that came before 

 

she'll def have some sonic suprises tho as always 

 

Her teasing this black betty and barely showing her character off has me wondering if this will finally be her black hair era since she went white hair for cc :cupid:

 

and stayed honey blond for rennie:cupid:

 

once her hair turns black we'll know we're near (probably in a few months) :cupid:

57 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

2026. 

 

This year is basically a write-off for any major releases not already announced, IMO.

 

Taylor is coming in October and will almost certainly dominate the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 album chart through to the Xmas freeze.

 

Same with Sabrina Carpenter and the usual suspects (Drake etc). 

 

I'm dually Chart Hive and realist Hive, so I know present-day Bey thrives (particularly with her launch singles) when there is minimal competition. That typically is Q1 post-Xmas freeze. All the holiday songs drop, and most campaign budgets aren't ramped up or locked in, so it's basically a "coast clear" scenario for our girl. Ever noticed how many "label DGAF releases" are rolled out in Jan and Feb? Same with parts of the summer.  It's a "thing", especially in R&B, sadly.

 

Bey, of course, is a label priority, so dropping in that frame gives her the spotlight to herself (relatively speaking). 

 

Sidebar: I'm slightly OCD with our fave, so I literally can't wait to be out of the pressure cooker of this trilogy rollout. Mainly because of the expectations of each successive release to do better than its predecessor. So far, Bey has pulled off #1 debuts with strong sales and #1 charting leads. She's been an album seller, but we all know what we've been through with singles. So I highkey find that most impressive. At the same time, I don't want Act III to be the era that doesn't deliver a hit single while managing on the album sales front. Or vice versa. It'll all be so much more glaring because she has tied it all together as one big project. In being the closer/crowning release, I kinda want/need it to do as well if not better than its predecessors as an exclamation mark of sorts. Something she doesn't make easy for herself (or us, by proxy)

It's gonna be hard to top CC's first week streaming units, but if they finally fully embrace the physical rollout for act III, 500k+ first week should happen. There's no reason at all for CC debuting with lower pure sales than Renaissance, when it crushed its predecessors vinyl numbers at the same time. 

27 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

No shade (at all, I promise), but I just don't see Bey doing this Becky kind of Rock for Act III. 

 

Narratively, the whole notion of reclaiming genres is to show and celebrate the fact that said genres have their roots in Blackness and were birthed and championed by Black artists.

 

So, it just figures IMO that she's more likely to lean on the sonic sounds of said artists like Tina Turner, Prince, Little Richard, and similar. All of which naturally plug into her own R&B/soulful foundation. So, moreso soul-infused Rock & Roll than anything Metal, grungey, or too out of the box.

 

That said, I can see her sprinkling in some conventionally Becky rock elements to be mass appealing and slightly on-the-nose, as that is tried and proven to drive home her genre switch motif (see: CC).

Disagree to an extent.

 

Following both Rennie and CC, i predict she will start the album on a traditional note that follows the inspirations u mentioned. The second half however will focus more on a fusion of modern elements deviating from the traditional to a futuristic version of what Rock could be and sound like.

Its a "looking back and looking ahead" type of concept that i clearly see in Rennie and CC and that i predict will also be apparent in Act3

1 minute ago, Kalmanta said:

It's gonna be hard to top CC's first week streaming units, but if they finally fully embrace the physical rollout for act III, 500k+ first week should happen. There's no reason at all for CC debuting with lower pure sales than Renaissance, when it crushed its predecessors vinyl numbers at the same time. 

Yeah, I agree. 

IIRC, sis was stressing Chart Hive tf out with Act II because she waited SO long to unveil her pre-orders. Way closer to release than Rennie if I remember. 

 

It all worked out in the end, but I always feel she allowed herself to lose some of the steam (and ultimately album sales) she had from the peak virality of Texas Hold Em. 

 

In hindsight, I wonder how much of the incomplete vinyl snafu caused that holdup? Maybe they were figuring out what to do with these mass-printed vinyls of an incomplete album.

I wasn't personally affected, but I remember how shocked I was by how slapdash it all felt in comparison to even Rennie. 

 

Like you said, I would hope they have taken their learnings and can lean into a strategy that maximizes physical sales for Act III. Especially if she doesn't do the CC trick of a super long tracklist to pad streams.

 

I don't care for Taylor like that all, but can give credit where due. IMO a simple rollout of a 6-8 week pre-order window and lots of physical variants (including limited covers/drops) would ensure the highest first week sales of the trilogy so far. And if the single is a smash, potentially the highest first week sales of her career. Managing expectations, there's no reason she can't "at least" do CC's first week numbers, as long as they are smart about it.


it's been more than 3 years atp….

this evil woman….

 

anyways we better not get another beyince vinyl debacle that was beyond sloppy for her standards :skull:

11 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Disagree to an extent.

 

Following both Rennie and CC, i predict she will start the album on a traditional note that follows the inspirations u mentioned. The second half however will focus more on a fusion of modern elements deviating from the traditional to a futuristic version of what Rock could be and sound like.

Its a "looking back and looking ahead" type of concept that i clearly see in Rennie and CC and that i predict will also be apparent in Act3

I agree that there will be experimentation, but I think the proof of what she'll anchor the sound is in the concept. 

 

It's beyond the breadth of belief that she will cultivate on era on reclaiming Black genres to purposefully make it NOT sound like the very Black artists she's honoring. 

 

I'm bracing for more Freedoms, Freakum Dresses, 6inches, and Yayas, as well as slightly more expected/conventional Rock elements. 

 

But yeah, our girl has a theme/narrative she's peddling and is pretty sure she's sticking to it. 

 

CC was a lil different IMO, because Country is such a hyper-specific sound. Very little leeway to bypass the conventional elements and even lyrical ticks ("whiskey", "cowboys", "yeehaws" etc). And even then, a lot of the album is still very dipped in R&B as more of a Country/Urban fusion. 

 

I see the experimentation being more of what Tyrant was sonically to CC. A fusion of *her* conventional sound and Rock & Roll than Bey doing anything akin to the example above or doing her best Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne impression lol.

5 minutes ago, Bicassie said:


it's been more than 3 years atp….

this evil woman….

 

LOL! Was literally shaking my head at this the other day. It, by dictionary definition, is unbelievable lol.

 

Much like this trilogy rollout in general, it's equal parts iconic (that she's managed to keep mass attention like this) and frustrating af. Upon Rennie release, we were bracing for the visuals in weeks, now it's years. 

 

As epic as this has all been, I legit think she accidentally boxed herself in with this rollout. We have had it essentially confirmed from multiple different angles about her not being happy with the initial output, reshoots occurring as a result, issues selling to a streamer, and her more than likely reconguring it all. 

 

I don't buy (nor have ever) that she's getting her kicks with this delayed gratification nor have I ever bought that it was "the plan" all along. It's probably level 10 frustrating for...her. She's just PR'ing it all really well.

 

With that, I'm sure even she is keen to return to a release strategy that is less burdensome. 

 

So, while I don't think she will ever go back to a super traditional rollout again, I legit feel B10's landing and additional components will be way more straightforward.

1 hour ago, Bicassie said:

jojo being the originator of tringle is kinda iconic

Also being the originator of re-recording your past albums, but that's tea for another day.

 

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

this evil woman….

She is beyond evil at this point.

 

What is worse than evil?

47 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I agree that there will be experimentation, but I think the proof of what she'll anchor the sound is in the concept. 

 

It's beyond the breadth of belief that she will cultivate on era on reclaiming Black genres to purposefully make it NOT sound like the very Black artists she's honoring. 

 

I'm bracing for more Freedoms, Freakum Dresses, 6inches, and Yayas, as well as slightly more expected/conventional Rock elements. 

 

But yeah, our girl has a theme/narrative she's peddling and is pretty sure she's sticking to it. 

 

CC was a lil different IMO, because Country is such a hyper-specific sound. Very little leeway to bypass the conventional elements and even lyrical ticks ("whiskey", "cowboys", "yeehaws" etc). And even then, a lot of the album is still very dipped in R&B as more of a Country/Urban fusion. 

 

I see the experimentation being more of what Tyrant was sonically to CC. A fusion of *her* conventional sound and Rock & Roll than Bey doing anything akin to the example above or doing her best Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne impression lol.

I think AUIYM has made it hard to predict just how far she will go. Don't think anyone expected a dance album from Beyonce featuring a hyperpop song.

Wait hold up "BLACK PARADE" just came on shuffle 

 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

I think AUIYM has made it hard to predict just how far she will go. Don't think anyone expected a dance album from Beyonce featuring a hyperpop song.

I'm with you and agree that Bey will push the envelope with Act III (she always does). 

 

But much like AUIYM is one hyper pop song on a Dance album more so defined by Cuff Its, Break My Souls, Alien Superstar's, and Virgos Grooves (all of which are spot-on to her brief), I see it being the odd song rather than defining the overall project. 

 

I mean CC, for example, IS a Country album in **some** corners. But IMO, it's pretty much it's marketing as one that pushed it over the line. ICountry casing and all, in "real-life consumption", it manages to still function as a digestible "Beyonce" album first and foremost with songs that easily live in the wheelhouse of her expected material and could easily live on other Beyonce albums: Tyrant (R&B), Leviis + Bodyguard (Sugar Sweet Pop), Yaya (Funk), II Most Wanted, Daughter (mature Pop ballads). 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.