Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

Black Parade was always a highlight for me on RWT.

 

:coffee2:

4 hours ago, tachiwaka said:

I think AUIYM has made it hard to predict just how far she will go. Don't think anyone expected a dance album from Beyonce featuring a hyperpop song.

If this isn't the truth…. 
 

 

8 hours ago, Weld_E said:

The way my flop ass recently watched this show for the first time and was blown away once again:

 

 

Dare I say one of her best shows ever? Haunted had me hypnotized from start to finish.

 

I used to prefer this show over Coachella live footage. This was a million times better at that time, it took me a while to appreciate "HOMECOMING". It just wasn't the show I think I was expecting after the aggressive force she was on FWT, but that's where her Final Cut Pro skills paid on🥴! On the right day, it'll still fair better, but HC has aged like French wine! 

9 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

No shade (at all, I promise), but I just don't see Bey doing this Becky kind of Rock for Act III. 

 

Narratively, the whole notion of reclaiming genres is to show and celebrate the fact that said genres have their roots in Blackness and were birthed and championed by Black artists.

 

So, it just figures IMO that she's more likely to lean on the sonic sounds of said artists like Tina Turner, Prince, Little Richard, and similar. All of which naturally plug into her own R&B/soulful foundation. So, moreso soul-infused Rock & Roll than anything Metal, grungey, or too out of the box.

 

That said, I can see her sprinkling in some conventionally Becky rock elements to be mass appealing and slightly on-the-nose, as that is tried and proven to drive home her genre switch motif (see: CC).

Calling the CRANBERRIES "Becky Rock" is actually insane btw

 

regardless, the whole point of this trilogy (where each project fully explores every facet of a genre originated in black culture) makes me suspect she absolutely will cover all forms of the rock genre, as she has done with dance/house and country

Edited by alien superstore

Me and my boo and my boo ridin'

 

dX6GP5o.gif

 

All up in the black with his chick

 

LmxyAmc.gif

 

As for what "kind of rock" she'd do, i wish that her inspiration from Tina comes more from her time with Ike. More "Acid Queen", "Wanna Take You Higher" and less of "Don't Turn Around", "Be Tender With Me Baby".

2 hours ago, Crayzik said:

Been that Girl :alexz2:

 

Jumpin-Jumpin-1.jpg

 

Jumpin-Jumpin-2.jpg

This is so interesting, thanks for sharing!
 

We need a thread with the receipts of Beyoncé's production and writing career as some people can't comprehend how much input she's always had into her music.

21 minutes ago, Erotica said:

We need a thread with the receipts of Beyoncé's production and writing career as some people can't comprehend how much input she's always had into her music.

Can someone pls do that instead of worthless fighting with trolls? 

Beyoncé act 3 features 

JAY-Z 

Bad Bunny 

Chris Martin/Coldplay 

Thundercat 

  • Popular Post
3 minutes ago, hissobce said:

Beyoncé act 3 features 

JAY-Z 

Bad Bunny 

Chris Martin/Coldplay 

Thundercat 

Who are you?

14 minutes ago, hissobce said:

Beyoncé act 3 features 

JAY-Z 

Bad Bunny 

Chris Martin/Coldplay 

Thundercat 

When are the visuals being released?

On 8/17/2025 at 6:09 AM, Weld_E said:

The way my flop ass recently watched this show for the first time and was blown away once again:

 

 

Dare I say one of her best shows ever? Haunted had me hypnotized from start to finish.

 

the way she basically had everything ready for the lemonade era here, even formation was part of the setlist at one point :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, LVP said:

Who are you?

I know you're trolling, but JAY-Z on a rock album? That could work. He collaborated with linkin park before and Takeover is one of the best diss tracks.

 

Edit: I quoted the wrong person

Edited by ChrisB
I guoted the wrong person

1 hour ago, LVP said:

Who are you?

Has no posts and joined in 2/24, I'm leaning on believing sis right now tbh.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.