Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

That's the demo? That's on YouTube, I've played it so many times.

 

I thought it was like a different version or something.

 

Silly me.

 

:)

 

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

45 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

Hmmm. I think that bit of LIBAD was filmed after the decision to move everything back.

 

Why would she heavily tease music and then not release it? We also know she was thinking about debuting some music at the Super Bowl, specifically Cherry. There was also a rumour that she was originally meant to arrive in a car or something... And rumours that the setlist changed pretty last minute (one of the reasons she looks and sounds pretty tired at the 2013 SB). The promotion was definitely building toward something in my view. 

well, neither grown woman or sots were never meant to be on the album. Im not saying they were specifically made for the ads, but neither for the album (thats what i got from the pepsi bts).

both songs were part of the original tour setlist tho

2 hours ago, flashback3301 said:

We can't say there's a pattern of her releasing the first single x number of months after the tour ends, because we've only observed that sequence (tour > single) once. So, by definition, there are no patterns in this trilogy era except perhaps the 29th as a release date. There is maybe a loose pattern of dropping the lead single approximately 6 weeks before the album release date (5.5 vs 6.5 weeks). The most logical assumption is that the first single/s will come mid-April, with the album on May 29. That also lines up with the tour year, album year cycle. 

 

But let's wait and see.  
 

THANK YOU!

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

 

I seriously doubt Beyonce recorded all these videos/looks JUST for tour interludes and etc.

 

I mean some stills (Pure/Honey) obviously belong to some sort of music video.

21 minutes ago, Chris said:

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

 

I seriously doubt Beyonce recorded all these videos/looks JUST for tour interludes and etc.

 

I mean some stills (Pure/Honey) obviously belong to some sort of music video.

I could see something like:

 

Act 3 release this year

Visuals next year

Tour end of 2026 (earliest), but more likely 2027

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

 

I seriously doubt Beyonce recorded all these videos/looks JUST for tour interludes and etc.

 

I mean some stills (Pure/Honey) obviously belong to some sort of music video.

it will be one singular film for all 3 albums. i think it will be more narratively driven, they wont be conventional music videos. 

 

i think REN was shot as a regular visual album, but she was unhappy with it so she expanded on the idea and is tying them all together.

Edited by yonsé

3 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

At the time, fans thought it seemed like Beyoncé had planned to release an earlier version of her self-titled album in Q1 2013. The rollout appeared to center around her Super Bowl halftime show, the Life Is But a Dream documentary, and "Grown Woman" as the lead single. However, it looked like the project was delayed, reworked. 

 

If that's true - what songs do you think were originally on the album? It seems to me it was a more upbeat, brighter, more pop sound. Perhaps with some carry over of the Fela Kuti inspiried tracks she developed during 4's development. 

 

In Jan 2013 she said this about the project: "There's a bit of D'Angelo, some 60s doo-***. And Aretha and Diana Ross"

 

And the original album sessions were primarily with Sia, Hit Boy, Timbaland and Pharrell 

 

- Grown Woman

- Standing on the Sun

- Cherry 

- Blow

- Wake Up

- God Made You Beautiful

- Rise Up

- Pretty Hurts

- Superpower

 

I think All About That Bass was a reject for this album too

 

?

and Love on the Brain

1 hour ago, Chris said:

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

I'd be interested to see how this would work. If she did videos for every song, plus time for story telling, the visuals for trilogy would be about 4 hours long. If she puts out lots of individual videos out for each song, that stills a huge amount of content for anyone to absorb, even stans. 

 

Maybe the visuals are more theatrical and tell a single story in around 90 minutes, using some music from the albums to tell the story?

I would love a visual for every song from Renaissance tbh.

 

:coffee2:

I would love a film version where it's more narrative and then standalone music videos. Maybe the latter would be released as a collectors item for stans? We deserve videos for every song on REN. I could CC not needing a video for each song but REN feels so cinematic in itself. 

Based on what we've seen, I'm pretty certain every CC song has a full music video

 

The rollout will be the most interesting thing to see unfold. Honestly I would rather eat up a 4h movie than having blueballs from half assed, chopped mvs for songs like Ya Ya or Virgo's Groove

1 hour ago, Chris said:

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

 

I seriously doubt Beyonce recorded all these videos/looks JUST for tour interludes and etc.

 

I mean some stills (Pure/Honey) obviously belong to some sort of music video.

some of them looks like tour interludes only tho

Just now, Joaco95 said:

some of them looks like tour interludes only tho

It's fairly easy to tell apart which visuals are actual music videos vs tour backdrops only

1 hour ago, yonsé said:

and Love on the Brain

Glad that album didn't happen now tbh

If she recorded full music videos I can't understand why she didn't release at least the ones where the songs were singles or took off organically. 
 

Even if there was a narrative to the three albums connecting in a film, that could have still followed at a later point. &nbsp
 

Hopefully one day we will understand and won't get 'Put it in a love song' treatment for the whole trilogy. That would be devastating!

I honestly see the visuals being the very last thing we get from the whole 3 act thing, I'm talking after the act iii tour. Even after someone pointed out that the hours on the Levi's ad represented jean models and 9:04 didn't allude to Bey's birthday, I don't think we're getting anything act iii related this year. Maybe the film? She did release Renny's film a month + a few days after the last tour date, and if she were to release anything on her birthday, the tour film would coincide with the last film's release date schedule.

Edited by bync

24 minutes ago, bync said:

I honestly see the visuals being the very last thing we get from the whole 3 act thing, I'm talking after the act iii tour. Even after someone pointed out that the hours on the Levi's ad represented jean models and 9:04 didn't allude to Bey's birthday, I don't think we're getting anything act iii related this year. Maybe the film? She did release Renny's film a month + a few days after the last tour date, and if she were to release anything on her birthday, the tour film would coincide with the last film's release date schedule.

yep i agree. the visuals will be very last. and nothing else is coming this year except *maybe* the CCT film should she choose to release it.

Y'all still in here talking about visuals lol. 
 

Remember when hive dragged her for saying Beyonce isn't a legend (yet)? Whew she's now 2-0 defending the queen. I guess she h changed her mind. Ikdr 

 

I do hate that piers Morgan of all people is taking shots. He's one of the last long form tv interview we got from her during 4. I think it was an hour long segment and they hung out all day. He's a weird one. He was dragging her with conservatives in 2016 but then stanned her at some point last year.

46 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

He's one of the last long form tv interview we got from her during 4. I think it was an hour long segment and they hung out all day..

And he used his time spent with her to ask questions like "You or J Lo?" :toofunny3:
 

Truly one of her worst interviews. I wish she kept on doing interviews after that for the simple fact that this is one of her last TV interviews. And it's by Piers ******* Morgan

 

8 hours ago, Chris said:

But do you think we will get visuals for all three albums?

 

I would say that there's at least 3 separate film for each album, that's what was originally rumored, but she she showed glimpses and snippets that align perfectly with what she's showed in the "I'M THAT GIRL" preview and some of the CC lyric videos and photo stills. 
 

However, I noticed that a lot of the footage she showed doing RENI tour doesn't aesthetic align with what she's showed for CC tour. While I don't believe she re-recorded visual due to her not liking them, I do believe she could've re-recorded visuals to correct continuity. 
 

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a clear indication of what she wanted until after the release of RENI. It took on a life of its own and became bigger than the trilogy itself (we're seeing the same thing happen with the tours becoming bigger than their parent albums). I can't imagine she'd still be pandering footage from 2021, but re-recording and arranging music or adding new music and the story of the visual don't change.
 

And while you do see so much of the aesthetics that were previewed during RENI in the "Trailer" prelude, there's a clear mixture of footage being shown during the CC tour. We don't know if she's repurposing old footage. 
 

 

Now, putting on my delulu hive hat, I'm not ever going to believe that Bey scrapped an entire film because no one wanted to buy an 'artsy' film, while having an open invitation to Netflix and Disney+, who now house more mature and adult themed content. Something tells me that she's aiming more so towards a huge film or mini-series. I still go back to TS Madison words, saying that she's up to something huge, and think it can't just be a visual film when she's done that. It has to be something she's never done before or her expanding on what she's done before and one film is not it. 
 

She's also using different means of communication to get a message across (to the ppl of Echoville?). She's already shown Billboards, Newspaper, Radio stations & satellites and Television. In one image for CC, she's shown using a rotary phone, but we haven't seen enough to tell us if that's important or not yet. However, I don't think with Act III, she'll start using the phone to continue that theme. So far, each act has tied into its own way of communicating and that could be foreshadowing into each film or episode. Hell, I would love for Act III to build upon television station sound effects on the album and imagery in the liner notes booklets. 

Finally updated my avi because I'm still feeling emotional about CCT. :'( Sad to see my Substance avi go but I was so blown away by Bey's performance.

3 hours ago, Fleahive said:

I do hate that piers Morgan of all people is taking shots. He's one of the last long form tv interview we got from her during 4. I think it was an hour long segment and they hung out all day. He's a weird one. He was dragging her with conservatives in 2016 but then stanned her at some point last year.

I'm not surprised. Since Meghan Markle refused his advances (and it became public information) he's been a lover scorned. Beyoncé & The Dutchess are on speaking terms, something he still pines to be with Meghan. Pure jealousy.

 

He's always been a "go where the wind blows" type of guy politically, so I don't read too much into his recent lean into racist, conservative rhetoric.

11 hours ago, Carla Rosón said:

It's fairly easy to tell apart which visuals are actual music videos vs tour backdrops only

I need the 400 foot cowboy to appear in the visuals, I mean it just has to

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.