Beyoncé

Kisuke

15 minutes ago, Keith said:

No it wouldn't plus she would never do that. 

This.

And the Chart Hive in me thinks is Rock is the type of genre to explore when she's less concerned about the commercial side of her career. 

How much Rock or Rock-inpsired music do y'all see on the charts today? 

I dunno about y'all but I'm very invested in her having commercial success. 

While I'm nowhere as nit-picky about her recurrent streams as others, Ren and it's hyper commercial sound + its attached tour is doing wonders for her catalog and streaming pull overall. Doing anything super random or left NOW will impact that IMO. There's a science to why Cuff It and Ren etc are all slaying, and it's in its universal, mass-appealing core.

• Replies 108.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

29 minutes ago, Keith said:

Maybe she can book a soundtrack for a movie that is rock inspired like she did with afrobeats and The Gift.

Ok, now THIS. I'm with. A side-project. 

Did they send Ivy Park to the fitness girls on TikTok? I just started using that app and I see so many of those videos. If she didn't, that's dumb. Like really dumb. A huge wasted opportunity.

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I don't know why the girls keep saying Rock either. I like her various flirtations with it, but not for a whole album. I lowkey think it would come across kinda gimmicky too and also be too sharp a shift from her main audience.

That said, I'd love something anthemic in sound like this (disregard the artist): 

It's big, loud, different from her core sound, but also works alongside it. 

I've always said: rather than a verbatim "Country" album, I want something all-encompassing like a homage to the "South". It will all at once allow her to play with sounds like the song above to Country to Gospel and more. All in a cohesive and forward-thinking way. 

Rock is so broad of a genre, you're probably thinking of it in linear terms. And anything she does is going to be through her own lens and certainly not be one genre, so I wouldn't worry about that. I mean Rennaissance wasn't a collection of David Ghetta/Calvin Harris sounding songs. 

I just love love love Renaissance sooo much, such an amazing album and I can’t wait for my date of the tour.

:heart:

Edited by DonnieDarko

2 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

This.

And the Chart Hive in me thinks is Rock is the type of genre to explore when she's less concerned about the commercial side of her career. 

How much Rock or Rock-inpsired music do y'all see on the charts today? 

I dunno about y'all but I'm very invested in her having commercial success. 

While I'm nowhere as nit-picky about her recurrent streams as others, Ren and it's hyper commercial sound + its attached tour is doing wonders for her catalog and streaming pull overall. Doing anything super random or left NOW will impact that IMO. There's a science to why Cuff It and Ren etc are all slaying, and it's in its universal, mass-appealing core.

Honestly I wouldn't over think it. XO also sounded super commercial and flopped into oblivion. The most important thing is that Bey makes music that she's inspired to make. The biggest album tracks are ITG and Alien, neither sounds like anything on radio tbh. Albums are albums and single are singles, so I wouldn't conflate the 2, Cuff it doesn't represent Rennaissance as an album

And before anyone says ITG is only big because its the 1st track, the 1st tracks off Lemonade and The Gift are nowhere near the most streamed album cuts.

She’s not here to follow the trends and release radio friendly music. She’s not Katy Perry :rip:

If you wanna be successful in the long run you gotta do things no one else does and make risks. She’s been doing it for the last ten years and look where it’s gotten her. What’s great and appealing about ALIEN SUPERSTAR is that it’s different. It stands out. That’s why it’s getting half a million streams a day. And you wanna stand out. She’s in the place where she’s able to experiment and she should do it, as long as the music is great and has her signature twists. It’ll always pay off 

If she were to try pop rock, I could see her doing something like Dionne Farris:

or this classic:

Or y’all could just listen to her old **** (That’s Why You’re Beautiful).

18 minutes ago, Otter said:

And before anyone says ITG is only big because its the 1st track, the 1st tracks off Lemonade and The Gift are nowhere near the most streamed album cuts.

Lemonade wasn’t immediately available for streaming (which is where that “first track” boom usually comes from) and the first track on The Gift is an interlude :rip:

But I do agree with you, ITG is defying the odds.

12 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

If she were to try pop rock, I could see her doing something like Dionne Farris:

or this classic:

Or y’all could just listen to her old **** (That’s Why You’re Beautiful).

Magic is one of my favorite songs I would love for her to do something like that. That being said who knows if she’s doing another album act lol, we shall see. It could be it’s own separate thing

Edited by bijonse

4 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

Lemonade wasn’t immediately available for streaming (which is where that “first track” boom usually comes from) and the first track on The Gift is an interlude :rip:

But I do agree with you, ITG is defying the odds.

Bigger is the first song I'm referring to. It's outstreamed by most other album tracks like FYW, DJealous Me, JAR ARE E, Water etc

Essentially if ITG wasn't appreciated, you would see it be overtaken by a lot of other songs but the only songs to manage that are Alien and Energy. 

My 2 day ban is over. My God, its truly comical how little Monsters report others for trolling. The jokes write themselves :rip:

Anyhow, my personal update:

- YAS at AHAP getting close to AS when it comes to daily streams. Ive been streaming it nonstop this week and I hope it goes viral and pulls a natural 3rd single choice 

- Regarding the Rock discussion: Yall should know whatever genre shed go for, shes gonna serve variety and shes gonna Beyonce-fy it. I have no doubt in mind shed nail it and give us anything from a Tina Turner Rock-Pop song to DHY's sister to Sex on Fire to RocknRoll a la Tina and Ike. Beyonce has range and musicality that is beyond exquisite.

- Regarding Rennie favs: To me its Virgos Groove, BMS, Cuff It, America Has a Problem, and Pure/Honey. All serving EXCELLENCE!

She needs to do a full Alternative R&B record with lots of infused electronic subgenres. Her The Velvet Rope, her Take Me Apart, her Channel Orange, her LP1... :jonny5:

America Has A Problem is one of the best song of ALL TIME.

Interrupting Taylor Swift GIF

24 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

A mix of rock and soul would be good 

Her sade era is COMING after Renaissance :jonny5:

As far as rock goes, here are some of my references for rock sounds beyond the typical I could see her exploring with her vocal flare, layering and Rnb touch. Again she's never just going to do genre Karaoke and just mimic other artists and no genre is ever just one kind of sound. 

Veering more on the electronic spectrum

17 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Bey could also pull sth like Redbone by Childish Gambino and put a heavier Rock-punch to it

Yes this would be heavenly

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Yes this would be heavenly

Seeing the mood board we came up with, I dont get how some are not absolutely thrilled by what "Act2: Rodeo"  could sound like :jonny6:

Also some questioning the commercial viability when her biggest hits were huge on AC (IIWAB, Irreplaceable). When Bey fully dives into the genre, she could literally have a hit a la Shallow and show more variety on the album.

Yes, its very likely not gonna be as gay and vibrant as Renaissance, but the commercial appeal could actually be even broader

Lastly just think how she nailed that Stevie Wonder Tribute and how the GP resonated with that sound coming from her

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

36 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Bey could also pull sth like Redbone by Childish Gambino and put a heavier Rock-punch to it

I would love to this frfr, DHY felt like a tease.

50 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Also some questioning the commercial viability when her biggest hits were huge on AC (IIWAB, Irreplaceable). When Bey fully dives into the genre, she could literally have a hit a la Shallow and show more variety on the album.

Yes, its very likely not gonna be as gay and vibrant as Renaissance, but the commercial appeal could actually be even broader

Lastly just think how she nailed that Stevie Wonder Tribute and how the GP resonated with that sound coming from her

When you're right, you're right chile :clap3:

But when you're wrong :deadbanana2:

Edited by mariposa

Beyonce already did the pop/rock sound on IASF. That’s not new territory.

I’m here for more of blues/rock/soul vibe like DHY & also why do ppl leave out “I Care” as a rock influenced song?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.