Beyoncé

Kisuke

14 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Here's my random complaint: can she give us a little more energy in these voiceovers? Homecoming and now the Club Renaissance audio clips are all serving "Just woke up from a one hour nap after not sleeping for days" vibes

I like her soothing voice tho, puts me to sleep... Don't know if that's a good thing tho :skull:

• Replies 108.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

16 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Here's my random complaint: can she give us a little more energy in these voiceovers? Homecoming and now the Club Renaissance audio clips are all serving "Just woke up from a one hour nap after not sleeping for days" vibes

Omg thats soooo true. Like shes serving lifeless corpse and one wonders from what exactly? Shes not cooking, she has nannys, she has people "working" for her, shes on chill mode most of the time - what exactly is preventing her from appearing to be excited and energetic?

Also she shouldnt think her legacy is sealed just because - they took away Janets legacy and ripped apart her entire legacy, so she shouldnt believe goodwill alone will carry her legacy

it honest feels like she tricked us into thinking Reneigh would be a return to form (i.e., traditional album rollout, heavy promo, keeping the fans fed) just to get us invested, take our coins, and go ghost :rip:

if it's really 'AbOuT tHe MuSiC' like she claims then great, she can enjoy my cute lil streams for Act II and III and I can support artists who actually care about their fans by buying their **** on vinyl, getting merch, etc.

1 hour ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

I like her soothing voice tho, puts me to sleep... Don't know if that's a good thing tho :skull:

That’s more Alicia Keys than Bey. :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

I think someone mentioned they’d like her on Drew Barrymore and Kelly Clarkson show, I actually wouldn’t mind. I don’t get why she won’t do anything. Those are light hearted shows, so yeah it actually sucks being a fan (outside of the music) for her now.

Not in this lifetime 

spacer.png

It finally clicked that the reason some hive are more bothered than others is because people enjoy and experience music differently. Many Bey fans probably gravitated towards her in the first place because she is a visual artist  and if you are an individual who finds visuals integral to your personal enjoyment of a song (and there’s nothing wrong with that), then obviously you’re not going to be able to really enjoy the era. 

So when people say “the only thing you are entitled to is the music so stop complaining and touch some grass”, I just want you to really think about that. I’m happy that the music and the music alone satisfies you, but many of us do not feel that way. You are not better than us because of that. 

To me, visuals and music are what makes me gravitate towards an artist. I would never stan an artist who never releases videos to accompany the music, because they’re not the kind of artists I personally like. And yet here I am. 

spacer.png

Do y’all think Bey would have a tenth of her success if she had never released videos throughout her career? The music and the music alone has never been enough to sustain an artists’ respective status and success. 

3 hours ago, simon said:

I agree. She could have had just a few.

I just think it’s funny that they are pivoting the “narrative” to be “about the music” when that was clearly not the intended purpose. It’s clear she was filming videos for album release and she is delaying them because they’re simply not ready.

clearly she's intentionally delaying them at this point...its not a Marvel movie. it does not take this long to edit some videos when Beyonce has a history of shooting & editing within a week of release. (Formation, OTR concert, "Jealous" for ST, etc). 

The lack of performances is probably the most troubling part. They've been getting scarcer and scarcer as the years go in and it's a fact of life she doesn't have many years left to sustain at the highest level she can. 

I agree. The lack of performances is the only painful part for me. Could it be that after Coachella she feels some sort of pressure, assumes that people expect her to top that and anything less won't suffice? Idk. But whatever the reason, I miss seeing her on stage. I can only imagine how much better the Renaissance songs will get when she performs them live. And tbh, I don't need production. I'd be happy with I AM...Yours / Live at Roseland type of shows. 

The Twitter Hive is really over it. Her team must definitely be feeling the pressure.

I love how even with bland songs like Be Alive she manages to elevate the feel of the song through a live performance, I cannot wait to see her vision for these songs for when they are eventually performed on tour. I can’t even envision it:jonny5:

The lack of performances is my biggest gripe as well, BMS had plenty of opportunities to be performed which really irks me. If we really have to wait until the tour to see these songs live…:rip: mama needs a new viral moment on twitter that isn’t Deja Vu at the BET awards I need her to perform Virgos God at the grammys ASAP

Yeah the lack of performances is irritating.

esp when you have a full on dance album like Renaissance, prob why I’m stuck on where’s the tour announcement. :skull:

25 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

I love how even with bland songs like Be Alive she manages to elevate the feel of the song through a live performance, I cannot wait to see her vision for these songs for when they are eventually performed on tour. I can’t even envision it:jonny5:

The lack of performances is my biggest gripe as well, BMS had plenty of opportunities to be performed which really irks me. If we really have to wait until the tour to see these songs live…:rip: mama needs a new viral moment on twitter that isn’t Deja Vu at the BET awards I need her to perform Virgos God at the grammys ASAP

Yeah it's simultaneously irritating and sad to see Hive trying to get engagement off her performances and interviews from like 2008 :deadbanana4:  

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

The Twitter Hive is really over it. Her team must definitely be feeling the pressure.

The thing is…they’re not. :rip: At all.

Yeah honestly the performances are the reason why I fell in love with bey and the lack of them are going to really challenge my investment in her projects 

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

:clap3:yes twitter Hive

4 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

It finally clicked that the reason some hive are more bothered than others is because people enjoy and experience music differently. Many Bey fans probably gravitated towards her in the first place because she is a visual artist  and if you are an individual who finds visuals integral to your personal enjoyment of a song (and there’s nothing wrong with that), then obviously you’re not going to be able to really enjoy the era. 

So when people say “the only thing you are entitled to is the music so stop complaining and touch some grass”, I just want you to really think about that. I’m happy that the music and the music alone satisfies you, but many of us do not feel that way. You are not better than us because of that. 

To me, visuals and music are what makes me gravitate towards an artist. I would never stan an artist who never releases videos to accompany the music, because they’re not the kind of artists I personally like. And yet here I am. 

spacer.png

Do y’all think Bey would have a tenth of her success if she had never released videos throughout her career? The music and the music alone has never been enough to sustain an artists’ respective status and success. 

This is SO TRUE! I see people claim to only be bothered by the lack of performances (which I am as well) but visuals have equally been part of Beyoncé the artist for most of her career.

DIL was really the only time she had a classic 'few videos for the singles' era, ever since then she's been filming like crazy. Even the albums that are not visual albums like Sasha and 4 still have music videos for more than half of the album :rip: 

Beyoncé is as much of a visual artist as she is a singer. It's always been an experience with her. And that's why the Renaissance era feels lackluster. 

That being said, I've been watching that Be Alive performance A LOT lately :deadbanana: I don't care for the song and didn't care for the performance back then either but I just miss this b so much and she looks so freaking good in it that I just watch it just to satisfy my thirst for Beyoncé and imagine what possible performances could look like in my head. Sounds low key mental but :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, SashaDevachelli said:

After all this time I would literally cry if she performs an album track at the Grammys. I hate POTS and am just starting to warm up to Virgo’s Groove. I need a BMS, Cuff It, AS, or Heated performance. Anything else falls flat. 

At least with Lemonade she made sure we got a televised performance of every song on the album. All within a year too. Yea it really feels like I’m mourning my fave in a way lol. 

55 minutes ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

I hate POTS and am just starting to warm up to Virgo’s Groove.  

:deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

mama needs a new viral moment on twitter that isn’t Deja Vu at the BET awards

I SCREAMED because why is this so true... I feel like I see that performance go viral (to varying degrees) like every week

8 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

spacer.png

I find this hard to believe that stans can't appreciate the music without a visual. Like from prior eras were you on YouTube everyday watching the MVs or were you listening to songs on your phone? The visuals are an exciting part of the experience and can bring you towards an artist (literally promo) but once you're there, you listen to music primarily, surely?  Anyway we know they're coming, so for me I'm not sure what the struggle is...

Like from the music side, when she announced new music last summer (2021)... The Beyhive didn't struggle and rage until Rennie was announced. So for me, I don't get why people can't just accept the visuals are coming at a later point and wait with anticipation like we did for the album release. This is gonna sound low-key rude but I'm inclined to believe most of the fuss is from people who are investing too much energy into Bey versus enjoying their own life... 

Edited by Otter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.