Beyoncé

Kisuke

I’m sure real fans had an amazing time at Club Renaissance but I’m seeing so many semi-hit tweets lashing it for Bey not showing up, and other tweets lashing the mysterious act thing. I think this era was a serious breaking point for her current image. People are EXHAUSTED of her crickets, random surprise, crickets routine and it’s not just us super stans on ATRL.

If she doesn’t change it up for ACT II, I’m fully expecting a bomb of epic proportions.

• Replies 107.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Machete said:

I’m sure real fans had an amazing time at Club Renaissance but I’m seeing so many semi-hit tweets lashing it for Bey not showing up, and other tweets lashing the mysterious act thing. I think this era was a serious breaking point for her current image. People are EXHAUSTED of her crickets, random surprise, crickets routine and it’s not just us super stans on ATRL.

If she doesn’t change it up for ACT II, I’m fully expecting a bomb of epic proportions.

Really don’t want to sound like a Bey-apologist cus her antics are wild. 

But she’s fine. The visuals will come when they come and the girls and gp will gag. Outside of internet land, they aren’t waiting with bated breath in the way we are. So the idea that she’s “exhausted everyone” I’m not sure I totally agree with. Cuff It was a huge GP success and its resonance is ongoing.

She/her team, definitely need to read the room with whatever they have coming next, though. Short term and long term. The roll out for whatever is coming up cannot identically mirror what we’ve had. From the profile picture “launch” to elongated spells of silence.

Essentially they need to find a better way to spin woes into wins. I say this from my continued belief that the delay a) isn’t totally deliberate. Something went wrong with the creative / execution / meeting of deadlines and b) they better had been using this time to meticulously map out a second half of campaign that covers all bases in a circular way. The visuals co-plug the tour while also setting up whatever additional music is on the way. 

I'm probably more patient than most, but objectively I think she gets to do this once and has to kind of justify it with whatever was being “baked” in this down time.

an album bombing after 25 years of a music career is not really a revelatory moment. her current success is an anomaly as it is....her other peers have already bombed several times. nothing is changing and there's no incentive to change either. her lack of presence already shows she doesn't care about that ****. she's already given her life up...now it's her turn to sit back & do what's easy for her.

I don't expect ACT II to do as well as Renaissance in the first place.

Also you really can't read into the internet echo chambers as indicative of real world opinions. Doubtlessly there are some people over the silent shtick, but for most people it really isn't a big deal. They aren't consumed with thoughts of Beyonce and whether or not she's doing interviews or posting about her album. They play it in the car to and from work or when they work out then they don't think about her again until the next time they play it.

If Beyoncé really wanted to make Renaissance about the “music” - she should have not released any photos. It should have been all symbols, colors, and images that evoked the sound of the project. (Which would have been more iconic imo). 

At release, she should have released a documentary of her making the album and explaining the process of vocal layering, sampling, harmonies, etc (similar to her Amazon message or DJ Swivel’s Full Sail session about “4.”) That would have also helped give the project more depth and help people understand her musicality. 

Instead - we got an entire booklet photoshoot and video trailer - which is why this new narrative “about the music” is not believable. She did do well with the lyric videos, but I feel even that could have been executed slightly better.

Edited by simon

1 hour ago, Machete said:

Y’all should be lucky she’s even still getting this level of success at this stage of her career.

Act 2 will prob do fine. The visuals and tour will have you all hyped again 

spacer.png

It will honestly depend on the sound of the album. 

1 hour ago, simon said:

If Beyoncé really wanted to make Renaissance about the “music” - she should have not released any photos. It should have been all symbols, colors, and images that evoked the sound of the project. (Which would have been more iconic imo). 

At release, she should have released a documentary of her making the album and explaining the process of vocal layering, sampling, harmonies, etc (similar to her Amazon message or DJ Swivel’s Full Sail session about “4.”) That would have also helped give the project more depth and help people understand her musicality. 

Instead - we got an entire booklet photoshoot and video trailer - which is why this new narrative “about the music” is not believable. She did do well with the lyric videos, but I feel even that could have been executed slightly better.

In the simplest terms, there needed to be photos for media and award shows to use in their promotional material. 

An unpromoted video-less country album by a hermit single mother on her deathbed? Good luck booking that success you speak of

I8P8uwg.gif

2 hours ago, simon said:

Yeah, I think this is what has thrown a lot of people. I wonder if those photos will even have any resemblance to the visuals now? 

Thinking about how spoiled we were to have Mattew Knowles at her commercial peak

I8P8uwg.gif

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

In the simplest terms, there needed to be photos for media and award shows to use in their promotional material. 

I agree. She could have had just a few.

I just think it’s funny that they are pivoting the “narrative” to be “about the music” when that was clearly not the intended purpose. It’s clear she was filming videos for album release and she is delaying them because they’re simply not ready.

It’s sad cause I really need to find new artists to stan. I love performances, acoustic versions, late night shows, and fan interaction. And this is something I will never have from my fave. And the way the era started made me think she’d actually be visible but nope! 

I don’t know what was worse having a booklet with photos obviously from music videos or releasing a trailer 5 months ago with not a peep since then. 

I hate to be in here complaining but she gives us nothing and it’s like damn ***** we’ve given you everything! She not seeing a dime from me till the tour. 

18 minutes ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

It’s sad cause I really need to find new artists to stan. I love performances, acoustic versions, late night shows, and fan interaction. And this is something I will never have from my fave. And the way the era started made me think she’d actually be visible but nope! 

I don’t know what was worse having a booklet with photos obviously from music videos or releasing a trailer 5 months ago with not a peep since then. 

I hate to be in here complaining but she gives us nothing and it’s like damn ***** we’ve given you everything! She not seeing a dime from me till the tour. 

If u like Pop, Dua is great to follow. Shes working her ass off and shes about to reach her commercial peak. Really exciting to follow :jonny2:

Regarding Bey:

I remember how in Game of Thrones, Senior Lannister was shading Cersei (?) Or her son saying something along the lines of "Any one who has to say "I am King" is no true king".

How applicable to "Queen B"

I8P8uwg.gif

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

Here's my random complaint: can she give us a little more energy in these voiceovers? Homecoming and now the Club Renaissance audio clips are all serving "Just woke up from a one hour nap after not sleeping for days" vibes

1 hour ago, Red Velvet said:

The Likes.

People are tired 

I8P8uwg.gif

This is what I was referencing and more of what I meant to discuss. My point was not that Act II will bomb, but that her antics are turning people off.

I8P8uwg.gif

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Here's my random complaint: can she give us a little more energy in these voiceovers? Homecoming and now the Club Renaissance audio clips are all serving "Just woke up from a one hour nap after not sleeping for days" vibes

?????????

I think someone mentioned they’d like her on Drew Barrymore and Kelly Clarkson show, I actually wouldn’t mind. I don’t get why she won’t do anything. Those are light hearted shows, so yeah it actually sucks being a fan (outside of the music) for her now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.