Beyoncé

Kisuke

She’s probably opening the Grammy’s and wants that to be the introduction to the visual world of Renaissace. Nothing coming before that.

• Replies 107.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

7 minutes ago, Otter said:

I find this hard to believe that stans can't appreciate the music without a visual. Like from prior era were you on YouTube everyday watching the MVs or were you listening to songs on your phone? The visuals are an exciting part of the experience and can bring you towards an artist (literally promo) but once you're there, you listen to music primarily, surely?  Any we know they're coming, so for me I'm not sure what the struggle is...

Like from the music side, when she announced new music last summer (2021)... The Beyhive didn't struggle and rage until Rennie was announced. So for me, I don't get why people can't just accept the visuals are coming at a later point and wait with anticipation like we did for the album release. This is gonna sound low-key rude but I'm inclined to believe most of the fuss is from people who are investing too much energy into Bey versus enjoying their own life... 

Can only speak for myself here even though I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but a visual can HIGHLY elevate the way you listen to and experience a song even if you don't watch said visual regularly and simply listen to the song.

Case on point: I'm That Girl. This used to be like bottom 3 on the album for me and could not get into it, but ever since the teaser came out I've been gagged by it to the point it's in the upper half of the album for me now. It's the song that grew the most on me and it's because of the visual component. Everytime I listen to it I can see her mouthing 'deadass, I'm deadass' and I'm just floored. It being followed by the scene with her on the bar next to the horse staring into your eyes while the camera moves is just *chef's kiss*. Hands down my favorite part. 

Claiming frustration over the lack of visuals means we have no life (especially since they released a teaser for it half a year ago) is not only rude but plain stupid. I can have a great day at work, enjoy a fun night out with friends and still be frustrated by this shitty rollout. They're not mutually exclusive. 

8 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Weird, I can't unquote this on my mobile.

34 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Can only speak for myself here even though I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but a visual can HIGHLY elevate the way you listen to and experience a song even if you don't watch said visual regularly and simply listen to the song.

Case on point: I'm That Girl. This used to be like bottom 3 on the album for me and could not get into it, but ever since the teaser came out I've been gagged by it to the point it's in the upper half of the album for me now. It's the song that grew the most on me and it's because of the visual component. Everytime I listen to it I can see her mouthing 'deadass, I'm deadass' and I'm just floored. It being followed by the scene with her on the bar next to the horse staring into your eyes while the camera moves is just *chef's kiss*. Hands down my favorite part. 

Claiming frustration over the lack of visuals means we have no life (especially since they released a teaser for it half a year ago) is not only rude but plain stupid. I can have a great day at work, enjoy a fun night out with friends and still be frustrated by this shitty rollout. They're not mutually exclusive. 

I agree with everything you say for the first 2 paragraphs, but thats simply a visual elevating a song... Are the songs not enjoyable enough or Stan worthy on their own? Have you ever loved an album track without visuals? Because fundementally it's sounds like you're saying you need the visuals to fix your appreciation of the album and that it alone, is not stan worthy.

As for your last paragraph let me clarify. It's been established for months now that this rollout is not happening as we originally anticipated and that there is no due date for any of the visual material, but we know it's coming. Not being able to move past that is some form mental punishment you're inflicting on yourself, denial and/or a result of being too heavily invested in Bey to the point where you can't get on with your life with the knowledge that we have this material coming in the next year. 

The fundamental difference in people who are still complaining about visuals and those who are not, is that latter collection of point imo. Not about our appreciation of visuals, but how we manage our expectations and spend our mental energy. I waited 6 years for this album, Its how you manage the wait for visuals that is discerning.

Edited by Otter

7 minutes ago, Otter said:

Weird, I can't unquote this on my mobile.

I agree with everything you say for the first 2 paragraphs, but thats simply a visual elevating a song... Are the songs not enjoyable enough or Stan worthy on their own? Have you ever loved an album track without visuals? Because fundementally it's sounds like you're saying you need to visuals to fix your appreciation of the album and that it alone is not stan worthy.

As for your last paragraph let me clarify. It's been established for months now that this rollout is not happening as we originally anticipated and that there is no due date for any of the visual material, but we know it's coming. Not being able to move past that is some form mental punishment you're inflicting on yourself, denial and/or a result of being too heavily invested in Bey to the point where you can't get on with your life with the knowledge that we have this material coming in the next year. 

The fundamental difference in people who are still complaining about visuals l and those who are not, is that latter point imo. Not about their appreciation of visuals. I waited 6 years for this album, Its how you manage the wait that is discerning.

Absolutely nobody claimed the material is not 'stan-worthy' on its own. We are simply looking for something that will elevate the experience even more, and visuals are the one thing we know she has in store since she's clearly not doing ANYTHING ELSE this era. 

Especially since they have been teased with a video. That creates anticipation and excitement, which builds up. And if you stretch that for too long with that bulld up turns into frustration for some, and that's totally normal. 

I don't know why you (and probably others in here) think that complaining posts on a forum means we can't get with our lives because of it :deadbanana: It's ridiculous and seems like you're projecting. 

20 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Absolutely nobody claimed the material is not 'stan-worthy' on its own. We are simply looking for something that will elevate the experience even more, and visuals are the one thing we know she has in store since she's clearly not doing ANYTHING ELSE this era. 

Especially since they have been teased with a video. That creates anticipation and excitement, which builds up. And if you stretch that for too long with that bulld up turns into frustration for some, and that's totally normal. 

I don't know why you (and probably others in here) think that complaining posts on a forum means we can't get with our lives because of it :deadbanana: It's ridiculous and seems like you're projecting. 

I edited my point to be a bit more clear but what I'm saying is that I don't think the difference is as Bey Admired said. It's not about how we appreciate music/visuals, but it's about how we manage expectations and our mental energy. There have been far worse waits for material full stop...  if a teaser that was released in August has you anticipating visuals everyday when we're now in December, that is a problem, because by now it's clear the teaser didn't mean anything other than visuals exist. By now your mind should have mentally checked out of expecting any imminent release and it should be in place similar to the year long wait to the actual albums announcement. Bey announced new music, we knew something was coming in the near-mid future but we didn't know when.

Essentially it's maturity which is the distinction. Especially having lived through 2013s absolute mess of droplets and false starts, I just know to wait it out to see what she's been working on. And all is coming in the nearish future.

Edited by Otter

1 hour ago, Otter said:

And all is coming in the nearish future.

I'm sorry but is it? How is anyone saying this type of stuff with any level of assurance ?

Visuals are one thing - how does anyone on her team justify lack of performances? I’m sorry but like many have stated here, performances are what drew me to Beyoncé and the lack thereof is really disheartening to see as a fan

13 hours ago, Red Velvet said:

The Likes.

People are tired 

I8P8uwg.gif

Sad but also not a big deal at the  end, still it's incredible frustrating what she has become. 

That voice memo sounds passion-less and even that "I just roll out of bed with cold" voice memo could have been extended and given to the fans on release week. But no, her fans don't matter, no giving, just taking. It's Grammy's season so she's giving her "best". 

To think I had a thank you note on Spotify from 76-year-old-legend Dolly Parton of all people but Beyoncé can't even acknowledge her own album or post about it during an "era". I sometimes wonder if this aloof, mysterious I-don't-care-about-nothing-at-all act doesn't actually take more energy than putting effort in and showing passion and care for your work. 

42 minutes ago, Devin said:

Some of y’all showed y’all ass in that worst Renaissance track. 

:biblionny:

The constant Plastic off the Sofa disrespect on this forum

54 minutes ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

I'm sorry but is it? How is anyone saying this type of stuff with any level of assurance ?

Visuals are one thing - how does anyone on her team justify lack of performances? I’m sorry but like many have stated here, performances are what drew me to Beyoncé and the lack thereof is really disheartening to see as a fan

What do you believe? Theres a tour in summer 2023 and that's not a rumour, she literally sat in the crowd whilst the ticket was given away. That tour will of course have supporting material and more media will follow in its lead up. No one knows anything for certain. Even something confirmed can be delayed. All we know is she said the visuals will follow at a later date. I doubt that date is 2024. Again it harkens back to 2013 when we knew B5 was due but not sure when... Eventually expectations went out the window ultimately it arrived in the same "era" of time, Vs 2 years later.

Problem is: She seems like somebody who likes to make music but clearly hates everything that has to do with extra work in terms of marketing and promotion.

The issue witj that is that marketing and promotion are pretty much the bread and butter when it comes to showing appreciation for fans. 

No millions "I love you deep" can replace her doing small videos for her fans,recording thinkbits, doing a docu, performing etc..

And THATS the problem with Beyonce these days. And its honestly a big turn off as a fan who is by default willing to invest more time and money in you than anybody else on this Planet.

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

10 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

It finally clicked that the reason some hive are more bothered than others is because people enjoy and experience music differently. Many Bey fans probably gravitated towards her in the first place because she is a visual artist  and if you are an individual who finds visuals integral to your personal enjoyment of a song (and there’s nothing wrong with that), then obviously you’re not going to be able to really enjoy the era. 

So when people say “the only thing you are entitled to is the music so stop complaining and touch some grass”, I just want you to really think about that. I’m happy that the music and the music alone satisfies you, but many of us do not feel that way. You are not better than us because of that. 

To me, visuals and music are what makes me gravitate towards an artist. I would never stan an artist who never releases videos to accompany the music, because they’re not the kind of artists I personally like. And yet here I am. 

spacer.png

Do y’all think Bey would have a tenth of her success if she had never released videos throughout her career? The music and the music alone has never been enough to sustain an artists’ respective status and success. 

I agree with a lot of this in the sense that this "era" has really revealed how The Hive really stan her differently. 

I think you identified the two extremes.

However, I and a lot of others kind of exist in somewhat of the middle. 

For example, I definitely am most fed by her visually. Videos, performances etc. She's a whole package, but the visual component is a big part of the "sell".

BUT...overtime her brand, savvy longevity, and boss moves have kinda come neck-and-neck with her visual appeal for me as the main reasons I stan. To the point that even when she's done something I don't personally go up for, I oftentimes end up seeing the bigger picture or realizing that it was the absolute right move for her brand and historical edit. Not always, but often.

The current predicament is kinda unfathomable, but because I KNOW she's not sitting idle, I'm choosing to trust the process. The sense of curiosity/intrigue around what is incoming outweighs my growing irritating (for now). 

25 minutes ago, Otter said:

What do you believe? Theres a tour in summer 2023 and that's not a rumour, she literally sat in the crowd whilst the ticket was given away. That tour will of course have supporting material and more media will follow in its lead up. No one knows anything for certain. Even something confirmed can be delayed. All we know is she said the visuals will follow at a later date. I doubt that date is 2024. Again it harkens back to 2013 when we knew B5 was due but not sure when... Eventually expectations went out the window ultimately it arrived in the same "era" of time, Vs 2 years later.

2013 was great though. SB, Pepsi, tour. It’s the fact we got nothing. She will lose fans if the next few eras are the same. 

2 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Problem is: She seems like somebody who likes to make music but clearly hates everything that has to do with extra work in terms of marketing and promotion.

The issue witj that is that marketing and promotion are pretty much the break and butter when it comes to showing appreciation for fans. 

No millions "I love you deep" can replace her doing small videos for her fans,recording thinkbits, doing a docu, performing etc..

And THATS the problem with Beyonce these days. And its honestly a big turn off as a fan who is by default willing to invest more time and money in you than anybody else on this Planet.

You're iconic (not sure if for the right reasons lol) but forreal: do you ever tire of the CONSTANT conjecture?

Granted you may have touched on some real possibilities, you speak with such emphatic conviction that one would think you had breakfast with Bey every day. "She clearly hates xyz". "She doesn't show appreciation to her fans". How do you know?  How do you arrive at these summations?

I'm down with my fave getting lashed online when needed, but surely we ought to always leave room for the things we don't know/never will know. 

Prayerfully she's well, but how wild would almost all of your posts look in hindsight should we find out she has been ill or having serious personal issues? Or, on a more lighthearted tip, she could be about to swoop through with something mind-blowing that she's been working on the entire time. 

Just now, Cbreezy said:

You're iconic (not sure if for the right reasons lol) but forreal: do you ever tire of the CONSTANT conjecture?

Granted you may have touched on some real possibilities, you speak with such emphatic conviction that one would think you had breakfast with Bey every day. "She clearly hates xyz". "She doesn't show appreciation to her fans". How do you know?  How do you arrive at these summations?

I'm down with my fave getting lashed online when needed, but surely we ought to always leave room for the things we don't know/never will know. 

Prayerfully she's well, but how wild would almost all of your posts look in hindsight should we find out she has been ill or having serious personal issues? Or, on a more lighthearted tip, she could be about to swoop through with something mind-blowing that she's been working on the entire time. 

I live by the saying "Actions speak louder than words". Her radio silence speaks volumes, her non existent interaction speak volumes. Granted I understand her reasoning, it still doesnt refute the obvious lack of appreciation towards us, her fans. And her thanking us for making her coin doesnt mean anything to me.

Regarding the last paragraph: Id be sad, but at least it would make us understand. See the reactions Celine has received. Obviously people deal differently with this stuff like this, but Celine is proof that being an open book actually helps in keeping privacy and for the world to wish u well.

The lack of communication, or let me say, the lack of everytjing is just not giving.

42 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The constant Plastic off the Sofa disrespect on this forum

POTS slander just screams I’m single and lonely.

:lmao:

I feel like the visuals are coming right on new year's eve. something about the concept of a new year, renovation... :duck:

25 minutes ago, Shelter said:

2013 was great though. SB, Pepsi, tour. It’s the fact we got nothing. She will lose fans if the next few eras are the same. 

Oh I'm not comparing them in enjoyment, just expectations of the album release. In this case now it's the visual rollout 

20 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I live by the saying "Actions speak louder than words". Her radio silence speaks volumes, her non existent interaction speak volumes. Granted I understand her reasoning, it still doesnt refute the obvious lack of appreciation towards us, her fans. And her thanking us for making her coin doesnt mean anything to me.

Regarding the last paragraph: Id be sad, but at least it would make us understand. See the reactions Celine has received. Obviously people deal differently with this stuff like this, but Celine is proof that being an open book actually helps in keeping privacy and for the world to wish u well.

The lack of communication, or let me say, the lack of everytjing is just not giving.

I'm sorry, but are you a new stan?

She has never (ever) been the artist tweeting updates on Twitter or pre-empting what she's gonna do on Instagram. Or doing social media lives for a "catch up chat". Bey's idols are Michael and Prince. Two of the most reclusive stars ever and, by proxy, two of the biggest. She was also reared in a time when celebrities had a premium. She's one of the last of that breed and I actively applaud her for not caving into a lot of the nonsense that artists have to do to get by now. 

I don't know about you, but she is not my friend and I've never longed for that feeling from her. Hive we may be, but we are not her family. So, while she definitely needs us commercially, I do get where those stressing that she technically doesn't owe us anything comes from. The words are hash and could be unpacked better, but it's essentially true. 

For me, the appeal and sell is that: She's the best performer of her generation, a once in a lifetime entertainment vendor, and thrilling.

That's not to say she can't make edits and do relatable in a way that works for her and works for the climate we're in. But IMO, she already does that to a degree. Be it her docs or her now-and-again IG presence etc.  

It always baffles me when I see longtime fans not "get" what "makes" Beyonce have the status she has today. The ingredients that go into making her a queen. Your queen. 

Contextually, a queen is not your best friend, the girl next door, who gives you cookies, a warm hug, and great conversation. It's an aspirational figure. An ideal. A being that is unreachable but regal and revered. And a being that damn sure won't be sharing what's going on in her inner-court with the masses. That is Bey. 

IMO because NONE of this is new with Bey, the complaints about this alleged "lack of appreciation" and attempt at expanding the context is nothing more than blanket frustration about the visuals. Simples. 

Edited by Cbreezy

Suddenly Bey has to update us on what she's doing otherwise she hates us? It's almost like some of you have erased Self-Titled from your mind. Better yet it sounds like some of you don't respect her as an artist. This is where stan-dom crosses into unhealthy territory, where you feel entitled... 

Fair enough if it was a messy Adele situation, like you bought tickets for something that was delayed last minute and left no communication.... But lets look at what she has actually communicated.

She announced the album, announced its a 3 act project, released the album (or 1st act), teased there is more to come, then went back to work... Get a grip!

She literally told she isn't bending over for anyone in her 40th Birthday interview.

Anyway cry babies, the tour announcement is imminent, gather your coins  :jonny5: 

Edited by Otter

Fans are just pawns on Beyonce’s chess board. The idea that fans feelings are considered one way or the other is completely off the mark. She is out here making ocd bets with herself. You know, when you say “If I can hold my breath until the light turns green I’ll make it to work on time”.

”If I hold off on the visuals until Grammy night, I’ll win album of the year” who knows. But Beyoncé ain’t worried about our experience. 

35 minutes ago, Devin said:

POTS slander just screams I’m single and lonely.

:lmao:

I'm single and lonely ( :chick3: ) and can still hear the greatness in the 2nd best sing on Renaissance

The issue at hand goes deeper with these heaux I fear 

14 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Also she shouldnt think her legacy is sealed just because - they took away Janets legacy and ripped apart her entire legacy, so she shouldnt believe goodwill alone will carry her legacy

Bingo! 

This has been part of the reason the lack of single treatment these past few years has frustrated me. Like it or not is what most people will remember about you. Janet is a forgotten icon with the younger gen. Not saying it will happen to Bey but it the media can turn and destroy a legacy. 

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

Yeah, but it was absolutely miserable, we were all so tired and tired of waiting for new music. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.