Final: rep 1.267m/1.29m

Duca

48 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Making up excuses won’t change the fact it sold more copies. Oops! 

You don't know for sure that Billboard's numbers won't include more sales. It's happened before.

Either way, why are you perpetuating this silly shade against Taylor?

I know you are not a true stan and you typically pop in Britney threads or create them when attention is involved but you are making true Britney stans look bothered by Taylor's incredible achievement.

Adele/britney/taylor stans shouldn't even be dissing one another. They are the trinity of album sales and accolades over the past 20 years.

It's great Taylor got 4 million sellers in a row.

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• Timber

• Blue Honeymoon

15 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I don't get the whole "more commendable" 

Adele deserves praise for selling 3M

Taylor deserves praise for selling 1M+ 4 times

Britney deserves praise for selling 1M and holding the record for 15 years.

sales climate doesn't guarantee anything. If that were the case look at all of the albums that were released that didn't go diamond or even 5x platinum when albums were selling more than singles or streams.

Um. Duh?

Nobody is saying selling albums in 2000 was easy, it was just a lot easier than in 2017. Britney was really really huge, but not Taylor level huge. 

Again the music industry revenue is down by 50% compared to 2000 and Taylor will still pass Britney in total US album sales soon. That is pretty insane

Edited by simmnfierzig

2 minutes ago, OneAndOnly said:

Where's that gif of two black woman from some reality TV show where they are bickering and mocking each other? Because it perfectly represents what's happening right now in this thread.

Sheree and marlo from RHOA. Mess. In any event, you are right. 
taylor and Britney stans shouldn't even be entertaining the shade. let the others who's faves didn't achieve million first sellers full priced go after them

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Um. Duh?

Nobody is saying selling albums in 2000 was easy, it was just a lot easier than in 2017. Britney was really really huge, but not Taylor level huge. 

Again the music industry revenue is down by 50% compared to 2000 and Taylor will still pass Britney in total US album sales soon. Thas is pretty insane

I guess my point is that it doesn't change the fact that very few people did it then even when more common or now. 

People make it out as if everyone was getting million sellers when there were a select few.

and yes Taylor will pass adele next month and with SPS is already passed Britney but her team hasn't certified including SPS for albums yet?

I'm sure taylor's team will certify Reputation 2x platinum by years end to where it'll rank in RIAA

34x platinum Britney

28.5x platinum Taylor

28x platinum Adele

My guess is Taylor's team will eventually use SPS and she'll be 35/6x platinum before Reputation's era ends.

The fact that she almost matched sales from 3 years ago at the prime of her pop stardom and before backlash is what should be applauded yet people are picking the low hanging fruit and just shading.

Strange?

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Um. Duh?

Again the music industry revenue is down by 50% compared to 2000 and Taylor will still pass Britney in total US album sales soon. That is pretty insane

Taylor can have the US. Britney is a global act.

SdYgmAE.gif

Edited by iheartBrit

Just now, iheartBrit said:

Taylor can have the US. Britney is a global act.

Cute drag

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I guess my point is that it doesn't change the fact that very few people did it then even when more common or now. 

People make it out as if everyone was getting million sellers when there were a select few.

and yes Taylor will pass adele next month and with SPS is already passed Britney but her team hasn't certified including SPS for albums yet?

I'm sure taylor's team will certify Reputation 2x platinum by years end to where it'll rank in RIAA

34x platinum Britney

28.5x platinum Taylor

28x platinum Adele

My guess is Taylor's team will eventually use SPS and she'll be 35/6x platinum before Reputation's era ends.

The fact that she almost matched sales from 3 years ago at the prime of her pop stardom and before backlash is what should be applauded yet people are picking the low hanging fruit and just shading.

Strange?

giphy.gif

Well yeah. We could live without all the mentions of Britney or Adele in this thread

Many people doubted if Taylor could do 1M again. And then with those underperforming singles.

Yet she came through with those 1.266M :clap3:

Even though it will very likely end up as her lowest selling album overall

4 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Exactly, Adele has the record now, with 25 ! 

i'm confused, so britney's isn't the record to beat, isn't it adele? sorry if that's confusing wording, but like wouldn't adele be #1 and britney #2? so how would it be "beating britney's record"

18 minutes ago, alexis said:

i'm confused, so britney's isn't the record to beat, isn't it adele? sorry if that's confusing wording, but like wouldn't adele be #1 and britney #2? so how would it be "beating britney's record"

Females on all time debut weeks chart

#1 Adele - 25  3.380 million

#6 Britney - Ooops 1.319

#7 Taylor - 1989  1.287

Edited by Rentboy

17 minutes ago, alexis said:

Britney has the record for highest selling female week by someone not named Adele.

Taylor has the record for the highest selling female week by someone not named Adele or Britney :cm:

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Britney has the record for highest selling female week by someone not named Adele.

Taylor has the record for the highest selling female week by someone not named Adele or Britney :cm:

now i get it :dies: thanks simm

19 minutes ago, alexis said:

You're 100% right !

Britney has had the record for 15 years. Adele beat it 2 years ago. Though Taylor's fanbase made a thread this week, claiming she would do much better than Britney's record. They were also discussing about Taylor beating Britney in this thread, which is stupid considering Adele took the crown ! So I simply answered saying she would not beat Oops' sales, she's apparently doing around 1,2M, which is amazing for sure. They should stop comparing it to Britney now that she's 2.

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

They should stop comparing it to Britney now that she's 2.

well you have to aim for obtainable goals. Adele is clearly out of reach for anybody ever. The Britney thing is annoying but its almost like unfinished business from when 1989 almost took her title in 2014. They wanted a rematch.

37755d24b87656c9411d7ed552383acf7f68c23c

5 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

well you have to aim for obtainable goals. Adele is clearly out of reach for anybody ever. The Britney thing is annoying but its almost like unfinished business from when 1989 almost took her title in 2014. They wanted a rematch.

37755d24b87656c9411d7ed552383acf7f68c23c

Yeah that's true, they wanted taylor to beat Britney this time. We'll see when the numbers are in 

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Sheree and marlo from RHOA. Mess.

Thanks, found it

tumblr_lyne24tVcW1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Cute drag

Well yeah. We could live without all the mentions of Britney or Adele in this thread

Many people doubted if Taylor could do 1M again. And then with those underperforming singles.

Yet she came through with those 1.266M :clap3:

Even though it will very likely end up as her lowest selling album overall

Yeah, Adele Britney and Taylor remain the album sales trinity of the past 20 years.

But Reputation could easily go 2x platinum by the end of the year and eventually sell 3M and get 4M+ SPS

it would be her what 6th 4x platinum album

that'll be an incredible achievement in itself.

Already starting off winning.

#1 hit, top 5 hit, platinum + debut week.

Taylor won and Adele and Britney stans should uplift their fellow trinity member while the others remain bothered

giphy.gif

:rip: @ anyone trying to shade these sales when most people were hesitant (myself included) that she would even sell a million again.

Selling a million first week in 2017 is incredible, especially considering it's her FOURTH time doing it :clap3: 

LMAO I was like awww she missed Britney's record again but then I remembered Britney no longer held the record and it belongs to Adele now :rip:

peterstyles13
16 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

:rip: @ anyone trying to shade these sales when most people were hesitant (myself included) that she would even sell a million again.

Selling a million first week in 2017 is incredible, especially considering it's her FOURTH time doing it :clap3: 

It's simple, according to ATRLers logic, Taylor can never win, so even when she outdoes 99.999% of the music industry, they're still desperately looking for ways to drag her :cm:.

Edited by peterstyles13

19 hours ago, Rentboy said:

Females on all time debut weeks chart

#1 Adele - 25  3.380 million

#6 Britney - Ooops 1.319

#7 Taylor - 1989  1.287

Biggest female debut by an american female artist. :cm:

• Project Units - 1,291,404 (1.29M)
  • Album Sales - 1,266,838 (1.27M)
  • Song Sales - 94,366 (94.4M)
  • Song Audio Streams - 22,694,697 (22.7M)

46 minutes ago, popmusic said:
  • Project Units - 1,291,404 (1.29M)
  • Album Sales - 1,266,838 (1.27M)
  • Song Sales - 94,366 (94.4M)
  • Song Audio Streams - 22,694,697 (22.7M)

These are final BB numbers?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.