Final: rep 1.267m/1.29m

Duca

20 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

Taylor's numbers are far more commendable given the sales climate.

No lol, but they’re really good I’m happy for her :clap3:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• Timber

• Blue Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

No lol, but they’re really good I’m happy for her :clap3:

Album sales as a whole are down, that's a fact not an opinion. 

they way some of the Britney stans are still clinging to that damn record when it was already BROKEN two years ago :toofunny3: 

anyways these numbers are incredible :clap3:never thought she'd even reach +1M and she exceeded my expectations by miles:jonny: 

Edited by State of Grace.

Just now, T-Swizz said:

Album sales as a whole are down, that's a fact not an opinion. 

It’s not because less people tend to buy music that it’s better, she’s debuting with less copies sold and that’s a fact, not an opinion. Maybe her next album can do it though :gaycat4:

Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It’s not because less people tend to buy music that it’s better, she’s debuting with less copies sold and that’s a fact, not an opinion. Maybe her next album can do it though :gaycat4:

Nope, Billboard's numbers aren't in.

Just now, State of Grace. said:

they way some of the Britney stans are still clinging to that damn record when it was already BROKEN two years ago :toofunny3: 

anyways these numbers are incredible :clap3:never thought she'd even reach +1M and she exceeded my expectations by miles:jonny: 

I dont believe you. It was obvious she would get that.

It'll be interesting where the album goes now...having listened to it...it isn't up to 1989's standard....

3 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

Nope, Billboard's numbers aren't in.

Feel free to quote me as soon as the numbers have been announced :gaycat4:

peterstyles13

Why are people talking about Britney's old record? We aren't in 1999 anymore people, can we stay on topic?

OT: The fact that she's doing just as good as 1989 in a WAY WORSE sales climate is simply amazing, too bad some users are jealous and trying to downplay her achievements :clap3:

So many people are totally missing context in this thread when comparing Britney and Taylor...

I mean just take a look at this table of "fastest-selling albums in America:" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_fastest-selling_albums#United_States

2000, the year that Britney sold 1,319,000 copes of "Oops!... I Did It Again," saw four other albums sell over a million. In fact, Britney had only the fourth highest selling album that year. By contrast, Taylor's "Reputation" will be by far the highest selling album of 2017 (as well as 2016).

Moreover, where Britney's "Oops" is an outlier in her career in terms of sales, Taylor's "Reputation" is part of a larger trend that has seen Taylor dominate album sales lists this decade and continually improve on her previous sales.

Thus, Taylor's achievement is more impressive because (i) it is more of an outlier in comparison to her contemporaries and (ii) it is part of an unparalleled dominance of the music business.

Taylor has dominated the music business for eight years. Something Britney (and Adele, *NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys, etc.) can not say.

Edited by das_jerk

5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

So she still isn’t beating Britney’s record !

Congrats for these amazing numbers though

doesn't Adele have the record?

Just now, alexis said:

Yes she has, almost 3x as much as Britney's former record

Would she have sold one million if her music was on Spotify?

Congrats either way. Streaming services or not, people still bought her album so more power to her.

23 minutes ago, alexis said:

Exactly, Adele has the record now, with 25 ! 

21 minutes ago, Chanel4 said:

That 'britney record' is so embarrassing. Fighting for 2nd place when taylor has 4 entries on that list and adele already broke it. It's Adele's Record. :deadbanana3:

Second fastest selling female album is "embarrassing" a record she held for 15 years isn't "embarrassing"

A record no one but ADELE could break :deadbanana: 

OT: Congrats Taylor :clap3: more than deserved and an amazing feat to have 4 consecutive 1m+ openings, a shame that the girls who don't stan you will use it bash a certain legend who their own faves can't touch :fan:

1 hour ago, Raster said:

they're far, far more commendable considering Oops was released during the peak of album sales

it's good to take your stan glasses off every once in a while

1 hour ago, T-Swizz said:

Taylor's numbers are far more commendable given the sales climate.

First week sales are more frontloaded than ever and Britney’s didn’t include club stats nor Tower Record numbers. Stop trying to minimize Britney’s accomplishment to make Taylor’s look bigger.

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

The Swifties are the ones bringing it up literally every time Taylor releases an album.  Your fave couldn’t do it when she gave her CD away in magazines nor with free pizzas, so you’d think you’d show Britney a little respect when she managed it with just one version that cost more than the average Taylor CD.

37 minutes ago, das_jerk said:

So many people are totally missing context in this thread when comparing Britney and Taylor...

I mean just take a look at this table of "fastest-selling albums in America:" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_fastest-selling_albums#United_States

2000, the year that Britney sold 1,319,000 copes of "Oops!... I Did It Again," saw four other albums sell over a million. In fact, Britney had only the fourth highest selling album that year. By contrast, Taylor's "Reputation" will be by far the highest selling album of 2017 (as well as 2016).

Moreover, where Britney's "Oops" is an outlier in her career in terms of sales, Taylor's "Reputation" is part of a larger trend that has seen Taylor dominate album sales lists this decade and continually improve on her previous sales.

Thus, Taylor's achievement is more impressive because (i) it is more of an outlier in comparison to her contemporaries and (ii) it is part of an unparalleled dominance of the music business.

Taylor has dominated the music business for eight years. Something Britney (and Adele, *NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys, etc.) can not say.

Taylor wasn’t even the only act to sell 1M in one country this week. Namie Amuro just did it, too, with Foreverly.

And I find it funny that you compare Britney to N*SYNC and the BSB to downplay her success (both of whom she’s more successful than) while disregarding acts from Taylor’s generation like Rihanna and Adele (both of whom are more successful than her). Nobody’s denying Taylor’s success so idk why you’re coming for Britney’s.

I’m quite disappointed by these numbers, but they’re still amazing! 

SdYgmAE.gif

11 minutes ago, Eternium said:

First week sales are more frontloaded than ever and Britney’s didn’t include club stats nor Tower Record numbers. Stop trying to minimize Britney’s accomplishment to make Taylor’s look bigger.

The Swifties are the ones bringing it up literally every time Taylor releases an album.  Your fave couldn’t do it when she gave her CD away in magazines nor with free pizzas, so you’d think you’d show Britney a little respect when she managed it with just one version that cost more than the average Taylor CD.

Taylor wasn’t even the only act to sell 1M in one country this week. Namie Amuro just did it, too, with Foreverly.

And I find it funny that you compare Britney to N*SYNC and the BSB to downplay her success (both of whom she’s more successful than) while disregarding acts from Taylor’s generation like Rihanna and Adele (both of whom are more successful than her). Nobody’s denying Taylor’s success so idk why you’re coming for Britney’s.

Namie's album is called Finally :gaycat2:

This is what I expected, in fact despite predictions this week lower seemed most likely. Look at the singles, like they aren't connecting as much and she isn't doing as much to promote. Be happy she outdid 1989 at all.

I mean AMAZING sales but even I feel let down, I expected a bit more.

Britney stans clinging onto a record which isn't a record. I hate Taylor but she's not open with 1 million once but FOUR times, and last I checked, Adele broke your faves "record".

Kinda odd some people randomly come in here claiming they're dissapointed by the numbers. Who the **** expected a 1M opener again in 2017? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.