• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• Timber

• Blue Honeymoon

Britney’s numbers don’t matter to this thread, but if she did/does surpass them don’t act like y’all wouldn’t be making note of “2nd best!!!!” :skull: So transparent. Especially with the way y’all get insensitive if someone brings up HDD’s Adele clickbait from beginning of the era.

23 minutes ago, Anthsu said:

You must be very young.

I’m 28 actually and I stand corrected.:cm:

18 minutes ago, Anthsu said:

:dies:

Then they are just anti-Britney.

No one can deny Britney's impact in pop culture. Her career was huge and it pre-dates all these social media platforms and Youtube that make artists more accessible and in Taylor's case "friends" with the fans.

Anti-Britney??? Dude I don’t care. I never engage in Stan wars. I’m just speaking my opinion. After her first two albums she started to decline. Had she not had that comeback she would’ve had a shorter career than Christina actually. No one is denying her success by y’all try to make it seem like Taylor isn’t doing well in this streaming age.

Wait I'm confused, Reputation isn't available on streaming... so where is this SPS figure coming from?...

6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Wait I'm confused, Reputation isn't available on streaming... so where is this SPS figure coming from?...

The first two singles and the two promotional singles were available on streaming and individual purchase 

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

39 minutes ago, hellocory said:

Britney did better at the peak of album sales. How are you not wrapping your head around that :deadbanana:

Making up excuses won’t change the fact it sold more copies. Oops! 

A little less than expected but still great numbers. :clap3:

As far as the Oops vs rep thing goes, 5 artists had a 1M+ opening in 2000 alone. So far this decade only 3 have done so.

LJsLLLf.gif

Of course Brit's numbers are impressive. It held the record for a long time for a reason but rep's numbers are definitely more impressive given the state of the industry.

1 minute ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

The first two singles and the two promotional singles were available on streaming and individual purchase 

Wait so single streams count towards albums streams as well??? What about single sales?

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

Wait so single streams count towards albums streams as well??? What about single sales?

Both single streams and single sales count towards SPS. The only streaming platforms that don't count for the BB200 are YouTube and Pandora.

6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Sis it’s 2017

Is the number in the OP pure sales or SPS? :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Blond(e) said:

Sis it’s 2017

No need for the attitude sis.

I just find it strange that single streams and sales count AGAIN for the album. 

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

These numbers are HUGE considering:

- They are pure sales.

- It's 2017.

- There was almost no promo.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

No Promo?

Her Instagram has been solely dedicated to promoting the album for the past 2 months to her 100 million+ followers :rip: 

7 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

No Promo?

Her Instagram has been solely dedicated to promoting the album for the past 2 months to her 100 million+ followers :rip: 

Lol, cause that's the biggest promo you could get.

I'm not even a Swiftie or anything but I admit her power and influence in today's music industry, she's the queen of sales and succe$$. She acomplished this due to her huge fanbase and organic popularity among the public, they juts like her, just like Adele (on a minor scale of course).

8 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

No Promo?

Let me bookmark this post for the next Britney release

10 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

No Promo?

So Selena should be doing 1m first weeks too? :rip:

_______

Amazing numbers, but not 1,3m so she's kinda over :gaycat3:

12 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

No Promo?

Instagram is considered promo now?

LJsLLLf.gif

Britney stans in here with her dusty ass 'record' that is Adele's record in the first place

Taylor has 4 1m+ openings, she doesn't need that record that isn't even a record. 

Fun fact: Taylor will pass Britney in US career album totals this era :heart2: 

SdYgmAE.gif

Edited by Toxicity.

4 hours ago, T-Swizz said:

Taylor's numbers are far more commendable given the sales climate.

I don't get the whole "more commendable" 

Adele deserves praise for selling 3M

Taylor deserves praise for selling 1M+ 4 times

Britney deserves praise for selling 1M and holding the record for 15 years.

sales climate doesn't guarantee anything. If that were the case look at all of the albums that were released that didn't go diamond or even 5x platinum when albums were selling more than singles or streams.

5 hours ago, ScarletWitch said:

Still talking about that outdated britney receipt :rip: 

I don't know why taylor stans are so bothered...just go to SYG and let it out. It's almost as if taylor stans WANTED taylor to get the 2nd place position and are disappointed (at least that is unless Billboard shows higher numbers) that it didn't happen.

4 1M sellers is a great achievement. i feel like you all WANTED Taylor to surpass Oops just for the sake of taking digs at Britney.

4 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

they way some of the Britney stans are still clinging to that damn record when it was already BROKEN two years ago :toofunny3: 

anyways these numbers are incredible :clap3:never thought she'd even reach +1M and she exceeded my expectations by miles:jonny: 

Taylor stans are bothered that she didn't surpass Oops and I don't know why some Britney stans are acting up but I will say MOST of them are not the ones that really are stans...they just show up in these threads to troll really.

4 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

Why are people talking about Britney's old record? We aren't in 1999 anymore people, can we stay on topic?

OT: The fact that she's doing just as good as 1989 in a WAY WORSE sales climate is simply amazing, too bad some users are jealous and trying to downplay her achievements :clap3:

No one should downplay Taylor's achievements but keep in mind that when it was predicted taylor was going to sell over 1.3M the Oops numbers were brought up even though Adele has the record.

Let's not be historian revisionists now. 

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

Why is the fourth highest opening of 2000, being compared to the second highest opening of the past 15 years?

SdYgmAE.gif

Because the fourth highest in 2000 was the #1 female and the second highest is the #2 female 

why are people that dedicate more time than average on stats surprised when people discuss stats?

That's strange

1 hour ago, hellocory said:

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2000: 4 (Britney's was the second-lowest and wasn't even top 3 best-sellers of the year)

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ (pure) in 2016: 0

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2017: 1 - Reputation -- and it's the best-selling album of the year already

Taylor's numbers and consistency are far more impressive :sorry: 

I respect taylor's consistency way more but why are Britney and Taylor stans falling into this silly trap.

None of the others faves can even come close yet you are deciding that taylor vs Britney has to be a thing.

It's also very ridiculous to say Britney's was the second lowest when there were so many people releasing albums at that time and couldn't even achieve 1/4 of those sales debut week.

What's your excuse for that?

Why can't realism be applied instead of pitting all 3 legends against one another?

Adele slayed all time sales

Britney slayed for females in her era and held a record for 15 years

Taylor slays consistent million sellers.

And now actual Taylor, Britney, Adele stans are subscribing to this downplaying when WE ALL have non taylor/britney/adele stans downplaying and shading these legends left right front and center.

Adele is apparently boring and doesn't deserve most of her success.
taylor is shady and uses people for songs

Britney was young and marketed well.

We are already going to get these things from non million sellers and those with an *

Yet we are doing this.

I expected more from Taylor AND Britney stans tbh

the adele stans serving nose in the air shade (I mean we can't saying anything because it's true) is a kii as well

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Instagram is considered promo now?

LJsLLLf.gif

Yes, especially when every Instagram post is in relation to her album. It's the social media age, there are many different ways to promote unlike 10 years ago where there were really only talk shows and awards shows.

LJsLLLf.gif

Edited by iheartBrit

37 minutes ago, By the Water said:

A little less than expected but still great numbers. :clap3:

As far as the Oops vs rep thing goes, 5 artists had a 1M+ opening in 2000 alone. So far this decade only 3 have done so.

LJsLLLf.gif

Of course Brit's numbers are impressive. It held the record for a long time for a reason but rep's numbers are definitely more impressive given the state of the industry.

This is such a silly game and going by your statement only 1 female achieved that feat in 2000 and 3 females achieved 1M+ this decade which makes it more common.

BUT why would we play this game. it's an achievement one way or another.

Taylor stans/Britney stans/Adele stans

reminder of your faves:

Britney 34x platinum (eligible for 37x platinum without SPS)

Adele 28x platinum

taylor 26.5x platinum and will surpass adele in a month and britney by the end of Reputation era

these legends all have accolades for album sales.

Why do the stan wars when they all won for their respective era/prime?

It's the non million seller stans that are the ones that should be throwing shade.

You all are just taking the bait while they sit back and eat pop corn and occasionally add in some jabs to keep it going.

All 3 legends have amazing album sales accolades and Taylor doing it 4 in a row is amazing because she proved the haters wrong.

Fighting the wrong arguments at the right time

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Britney stans in here with her dusty ass 'record' that is Adele's record in the first place

Taylor has 4 1m+ openings, she doesn't need that record that isn't even a record. 

SdYgmAE.gif

Crazy. Really crazy

7 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

SdYgmAE.gif

Toxicity, no matter much you shade Britney your history of wishing death on her in 2013 will not go away. Why be so negative when you used to be a stan...

In any event, Taylor is already passed Britney with SPS with RIAA uses.

Taylor will surpass adele by  the end of the year and then Britney this era.

Adele, Britney and Taylor will still have impressive accolades for album sales in totality as well as 1st week.

thats the point. I don't know why anyone is trying to downplay taylor, adele or Britney when all of them made impressive marks against their peers in their respective times in prime.

giphy.gif

Where's that gif of two black woman from some reality TV show where they are bickering and mocking each other? Because it perfectly represents what's happening right now in this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.