Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Was Drop Dead a bad lead single choice?

Featured Replies

I like the song and while it went #1 kinda underperformed for her standards

I wonder if Stupid Song or Expectations would've been a better choice (btw any of these should be the 3rd single)

Honestly I'd rather have a 7/10 lead single from a 10/10 album than the opposite.

The album's so good the song's an 8/10 now for me.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but I liked Drop Dead. I thought it was better than The Cure.

All of her lead singles have fallen kinda flat for me and misrepresented how I feel about the rest of the album, but the previous 2 were smashes so what do I know rip

no because it makes sense in the context of the album

the album will sustain itself because it is a quality product!

I think it made sense! Other choice in my opinion would be Stupid song, but I also love how she now has a #1 in the bag already with drop dead plus stupid song as a smash for album release week

'Drop dead' is the perfect lead single choice and arguably her best to date.

43 minutes ago, Kurt Hummel said:

All of her lead singles have fallen kinda flat for me and misrepresented how I feel about the rest of the album, but the previous 2 were smashes so what do I know rip

divers license stood the test of time and i see it as one of the best debut singles of all time, its not flat whatsoever but vampire and drop dead are

Edited by rock god

I feel like they made the right call. If I were to choose, it's among Drop Dead, The Cure or Stupid Song as lead. I get why they wanna lead with the most upbeat of the three, since her past 2 leads have been on the slower side.

it should've been The Cure but i understand that it was probably too risky for them

No, it's a great introduction to the era, works well as a standalone single and it's different to her previous lead singles which had a similar estructure/formula

crack for brains has the most addictive melody i've heard in a song for years so yes but drop dead is cute and sets the tone for the era better idk

Edited by iconicyayo

Yes

U + me = <3

perfectly sums up the album, is catchy, is radio friendly.. would draw people in with the title

Would've been a better choice.

It set the vibes of the album. Still one of my fave tracks heart2

Nope it's a great song, she was always gonna have a "lose-lose" situation with the lead this time I feel like.

Either she did another Driver/Vampire sounding lead yet again and people call her a one trick pony, or she switches it up completely (Drop Dead) and a lot of people are thrown off.

Drop Dead is f*cking amazing and always has been. I will never understand the dislike some of you have for it biblio to me, it's her My Life Would Suck without You. the perfect lead and perfect opening track for the pop rock juggernaut that ensued giraffe

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.