Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 2 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I will reiterate that I don't think age is going to be as big of an issue with Gaga getting hits as she gets older. I say this with all sincerity but she's done a very good job since the Bad Romance era of masking the public's perception of her when it comes to things like age. People thought she was much older back then than she is now, and people still get surprised when they see she just turned 40. She's kind of transcended time in a way.

That's my opinion of course.

rogue2

  • Replies 43.1k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Aston Martin
    Aston Martin

    By popular request, I have been asked to summon all the Liddos to the Gaga base. Get ready to buy and stream sistren

  • Johnny Jacobs
    Johnny Jacobs

    I thought she announced part 2 You are going to hell

  • Universo
    Universo

17 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

It just got merged.

18 minutes ago, Edonis said:

It may have gotten merged. I think there was another thread about the topic yesterday (unless you were talking about yesterday's thread)

oh thanks sweeties, I was mindfucked nn rip

17 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I will reiterate that I don't think age is going to be as big of an issue with Gaga getting hits as she gets older. I say this with all sincerity but she's done a very good job since the Bad Romance era of masking the public's perception of her when it comes to things like age. People thought she was much older back then than she is now, and people still get surprised when they see she just turned 40. She's kind of transcended time in a way.

That's my opinion of course.

rogue2

That's true. I guess that's the plus of behaving and doing your makeup in a way that makes you look 60 when you're 30 and turning away most of your young fans, so that you start the streaming era with 13 monthly listeners.

rogue2

Edited by hausofbryan

22 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I will reiterate that I don't think age is going to be as big of an issue with Gaga getting hits as she gets older. I say this with all sincerity but she's done a very good job since the Bad Romance era of masking the public's perception of her when it comes to things like age. People thought she was much older back then than she is now, and people still get surprised when they see she just turned 40. She's kind of transcended time in a way.

That's my opinion of course.

rogue2

You have a point. Gaga's appeal has never really lied in her being young or conventionally sexually attractive so that helps her in that regard.

While ageism and misogyny will always be prevalent systemic issues that plague the society, there's also essentially no precedent on how (or how well) a veteran pop star in the streaming age is supposed to perform with new (keyword) material.

The 2000s class of MPGs, especially Gaga and Taylor, will be the first to be lab rats as they continue to be streaming forces with big hits and two decade long careers. Rihanna has long retired, Katy is done. Lana is not a traditional MPG. Bey will also continue to do numbers but she's also from a different generation and her streaming prowess is pretty weak.

rogue2

6 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

That's true. I guess that's the plus of behaving and doing your makeup in a way that makes you look 60 when you're 30 and turning away most of your young fans, so that you start the streaming era with 13 monthly listeners.

rogue2

I- skull

i often hate sarah tanno's makeup. especially the lip bomb laquer or whatever that is. But I feel like gaga has enprisonned herself into sarah tanno's makeup and HL makeup.... help

amalazolanski-monkey-makeup.gif

Edited by Fishh

13 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

That's true. I guess that's the plus of behaving and doing your makeup in a way that makes you look 60 when you're 30 and turning away most of your young fans, so that you start the streaming era with 13 monthly listeners.

rogue2

See, you get it

rogue2

1 minute ago, Colmillo said:

So she hates Gaga? Ok

clack

Bold of you to think Kim is capable of forming opinions on people

clack

6 hours ago, Andraslop said:

I get that this is just a side-project/OST. But still, Runway's tankery is kinda unprecedented for Gaga.

I mean: Gaga+Doechii collab, top-tier MV, biggest movie of the year = ยฟ1 day charting on Spotify 200? rip

Even TDD charted for like 60 days, or HMH also charted for several weeks.

But Runway's 32-OUT is really unprecedented for Gaga. And SOAW didn't even debut.

Not worried for LG8 tho, but still, I think literally everyone though this would do way bigger numbers (in the vein of HMH/TDD). No one would have predicted Runway doing sub-1M just 1 week after the movie release, while SOAW doing only 500k.

Not even Gaga herself must listen to this song, hence the no posting about it.

IEovGYw.jpeg

Not to comment on women's appearances, but after the latest Bezo Gala I noticed that Gaga is really aging the best from all the โ€žolder" Pop girls. Shes even hotter now than when she was in her 20s

IMG_1800.gif

13 minutes ago, The Witch said:

Did everyone try the RUNWAY? I thought the RUNWAY was lovely

rogue2

I thought it was undercooked and a health hazard. The Health Board said they were too busy with Joanne's violations.

rogue2

Edited by hausofbryan

2 hours ago, hausofbryan said:

They're not going to have that expectation as she gets older. It's not unique to her, it's just the reality of the industry. Fortunately for Interscope, she doesn't have a single album without a hit song, and that's incredibly rare.

This is why I find some of the Liddo reactions to Bombway bombing funny like, not even Madonna herself can claim to have a hit per album and her only other peers with this achievement are fellow megastars like Bey and Taylor.

Who cares that deeply how her side projects perform when the main material always pulls through? And Runway bombing is such a blip considering all the positive reception her Prada performance has received. Like the song itself, no one cares for its performance.

rogue2

10 minutes ago, Hamza said:

Not to comment on women's appearances, but after the latest Bezo Gala I noticed that Gaga is really aging the best from all the โ€žolder" Pop girls. Shes even hotter now than when she was in her 20s

IMG_1800.gif

i've noticed this too. they all look miserable and married to losers, meanwhile Ga looks 18

rogue2

1 hour ago, Infernal Paradise said:

The 2000s class of MPGs, especially Gaga and Taylor, will be the first to be lab rats as they continue to be streaming forces

rogue2

LG8 HAS NIN AND I WONT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE!!!!clownny

1 minute ago, nineinchnails said:

LG8 HAS NIN AND I WONT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE!!!!clownny

I don't think that's far-fetched. Not only where they a big inspo for Mayhem but the drummer literally performed with Gaga at the Grammys and she allegedly mashed up Killah with Closer on Requiem.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

11 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I don't think that's far-fetched. Not only where they a big inspo for Mayhem but the drummer literally performed with Gaga at the Grammys and she allegedly mashed up Killah with Closer on Requiem.

Oh yessss my mind was blown, so psyched to hear Killah omg, and there's a ton of other connections many people aren't aware of; the creative directors for mayhem has also been working on all of NIN's visuals lately + Coachella, Hunter Clem went to a NIN show with the designer who created Gaga's bodysuit, who also created Mariqueens headpiece for Coachella, Stu Brooks worked on Gaga's early demos who is now NIN's touring bassist, Trent liking a post about her blacking out in his presence, there's more thingsโ€” yes I'm insane but they did this to me! Lmao!

fingers crossed, but Killah is more than I could dream of so I'm really excited and happy about that!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.