Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, fabu sloth said:

ikwym! i love the king and queen and the bops they make. but dont misunderstand me, because there are some instances that at first did make me think too that he pushed her to do music again. as if he placed his stamp and ideas all over the new tracks & Hilary was there just to beautify it.

but seeing her perform on the SRBN shows changed my view entirely. you can really tell she WANTS to do this again and she is loving it!

Oh 1000%! You could feel it in the room, she was genuinely happy to be there. It was like it all just came back to her, like riding a bike after years. She's enjoying every moment and that makes me so happy.

I just meant more from a strategic standpoint, sometimes it feels like he's the one steering the wheel when it comes to openers, song choices, and even the overall rollout. Not necessarily a bad thing at all. If anything, maybe it's the push she needed to shake things up and make this era as strong as it's been so far.

I just find it interesting that he follows the openers while she doesn't.

  • Replies 7.5k
  • Views 312.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

12 hours ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

You're also going to the Grove signing? I can't wait!

Yes and I'm so excited!

I think Hilary is guaranteed a spot in the top 10

the album had a bigger period for pre orders and most the variants she posted sold out

I think this album will have more longevity on the charts than breathe in breathe out cause she touring this round

Plus I'm sure her team has plans for the album release week as well

Matt is on board and making the shots because He works in the music industry and can guide Hilary since things have changed so much in the last 10 years

Plus Matt tells Hilary what we want from her

He reads the comments the memes and alerts Hilary about everything

without him I feel like she would be lost like she was in breathe in breathe out era

19 minutes ago, broolprop3 said:

I think Hilary is guaranteed a spot in the top 10

the album had a bigger period for pre orders and most the variants she posted sold out

I think this album will have more longevity on the charts than breathe in breathe out cause she touring this round

Plus I'm sure her team has plans for the album release week as well

Ofc it won't. Have you seen chart runs for albums that have no streaming power or hit singles?

It goes debut-out.

If you're lucky with some streaming/radio points you get a 2nd week like Mariah.

Top 10 debut would be the success already, but unfortunately it seems like charts will be busy this time so it will take a lot of physical sales.

19 hours ago, TheseThingsHappen said:

Breathe In. Breathe Out. did 39k in its first week in the US.

She has a lot more physical variants this time + the tour hype. So 40k+ definitely seems doable to me.
Which would give her a top 10 placement most likely. Top 5 would be the icing on the cake, and very much deserved for her. heart2

BIBO definitely had more hype, sales were healthier and Sparks felt bigger than Mature and Roomates.

I feel like pop world at the time knew she had an album out, I don't think anyone outside this forum knows now.

3 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

BIBO definitely had more hype, sales were healthier and Sparks felt bigger than Mature and Roomates.

I feel like pop world at the time knew she had an album out, I don't think anyone outside this forum knows now.

You guys are delusional sometimes. Mature alone is way bigger than BIBO era as whole. The metrics now days are different. Her tour was all over the place a few weeks ago. Y'all just need to put y'alls expectations on check regarding chart runs and charts 💀

Just now, rcksluke said:

You guys are delusional sometimes. Mature alone is way bigger than BIBO era as whole. The metrics now days are different. Her tour was all over the place a few weeks ago. Y'all just need to put y'alls expectations on check regarding chart runs and charts 💀

No it's absolutely not, Sparks had decent streaming power on both youtube and Spotify even in 2015. Mature doesn't have either.

And since you're counting whole BIBO era even All About You was bigger.

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

No it's absolutely not, Sparks had decent streaming power on both youtube and Spotify even in 2015. Mature doesn't have either.

And since you're counting whole BIBO era even All About You was bigger.

Yes, it did. 💀

Youtube was a whole different thing in 2015. People literally don't use it anymore. Let's be for real here lmao. Sparks only managed to chart on the top 100 due to the release week boost and she literally performed the song every where she could back then during that week. She also did pretty much a lot of radio promotion to have a worse peak than Roommates has for example. And again, you guys need to keep y'all expectations on check. She does not need to do these A listers or even B listers numbers to consider this era successful

4 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

Yes, it did. 💀

Youtube was a whole different thing in 2015. People literally don't use it anymore. Let's be for real here lmao. Sparks only managed to chart on the top 100 due to the release week boost and she literally performed the song every where she could back then during that week. She also did pretty much a lot of radio promotion to have a worse peak than Roommates has for example. And again, you guys need to keep y'all expectations on check. She does not need to do these A listers or even B listers numbers to consider this era successful

Streaming grew like 2000% since then and both new songs have worse streaming power. End of discussion.

Youtube was still leading the pack in 2015 and she had decent turn out there with Sparks.

Were you even following BIBO era in 2015 or is this your first time experience her era live? Because I've been there since Metamorphosis and I can tell you this era does not have bigger hype.

10 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Streaming grew like 2000% since then and both new songs have worse streaming power. End of discussion.

Youtube was still leading the pack in 2015 and she had decent turn out there with Sparks.

Were you even following BIBO era in 2015 or is this your first time experience her era live? Because I've been there since Metamorphosis and I can tell you this era does not have bigger hype.

Gurl... I've been here since 2004 and no one besides ATRL cared for BIBO

suburban

24 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

BIBO definitely had more hype, sales were healthier and Sparks felt bigger than Mature and Roomates.

I feel like pop world at the time knew she had an album out, I don't think anyone outside this forum knows now.

I don't think I agree with this takesuburban

I was around circa 2014-15 and the only time there was significant "hype" imo was when Chasing The Sun dropped which quickly deflated. AAY came and went, until Sparks came out the next April and got some love promo wise and in certain online spaces, but I think that rollout already had diminishing returns from CTS and AAY the prior year. She was also starring in Younger which took away the focus from music both from a PR standpoint and in general.

This time around my 69 year old mother is aware of her comeback, and even sent me a link about Hilary's vegas show. Just goes to show you the extent of the online marketing happening that we don't even see. All the noise from the SRBN tour felt more massive than anything from the BIBO era (at least on social media). Not to mention Roommates has legit radio support by the label which is almost unheard of for her. I feel (and hope) we're underestimating the power and reach that the world tour announcement is gonna have, too.

6 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

I don't think I agree with this takesuburban

I was around circa 2014-15 and the only time there was significant "hype" imo was when Chasing The Sun dropped which quickly deflated. AAY came and went, until Sparks came out the next April and got some love promo wise and in certain online spaces, but I think that rollout already had diminishing returns from CTS and AAY the prior year. She was also starring in Younger which took away the focus from music both from a PR standpoint and in general.

This time around my 69 year old mother is aware of her comeback, and even sent me a link about Hilary's vegas show. Just goes to show you the extent of the online marketing happening that we don't even see. All the noise from the SRBN tour felt more massive than anything from the BIBO era (at least on social media). Not to mention Roommates has legit radio support by the label which is almost unheard of for her. I feel (and hope) we're underestimating the power and reach that the world tour announcement is gonna have, too.

MTE!

In my opinion, everyone knows she's back now; she's gone viral with the tour, 'Roommates' is a radio hit, and tomorrow—with the world tour and a good bundle discount between the album and tickets—she'd break into the top 3. I see her selling out tickets in a week.

Not to mention this time she has more support from bigger publications like Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vogue, and Variety. RCA was such a flop. This time it's all about the music and performing which is why I'm not upset about the lack of updates on Pretty Ugly right now tbh

rogue2

7 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

Not to mention this time she has more support from bigger publications like Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vogue, and Variety. RCA was such a flop. This time it's all about the music and performing which is why I'm not upset about the lack of updates on Pretty Ugly right now tbh

rogue2

I really hope we get some update on Pretty Ugly soon. I loved the premise of that one and it's such a different character for her to play. Hope it's not axed

rogue2

I do believe the hype is real but I'm not totally delusional. I understand good marketing, visibility, and social media content are not a guarantee for huge numbers/album sales.

Like it's still possible the majority of people (outside of the diehards like us) are just in it for the nostalgia of it all and won't necessarily eat up the new stuff. Like there's studies out there where after a certain age a large chunk of people just stop listening to new music completely and stick with what they know/grew up with. Which is why she was also so savvy throwing the rerecords on the variants. We shall see in a couple weeks though

rogue2

5 hours ago, Tom_X said:

This makes me wonder how much control Hilary has over this whole thing. Sometimes it feels like Matt is the driving force behind it, and she's more stepping into something he's helping shape.

She mentioned that he basically pushed her to go on stage for "Sally" at the festival, which I actually think was smart. It seemed like a way for her to test the waters and see if she still had that itch.

I'm just curious whether Matt is taking on a bigger role creatively (maybe even somewhat managerial?) similar to how Andre Recke was such a strong presence in her past eras. I've also read that some of the band connections tie back to Matt, which adds to that impression.

No shade at all, I actually think it's great that she's doing this on her own terms. It just sometimes feels like he's the engine behind it, and she's the one fronting it.

I think she's fully in the driver's seat! Aside from knowing when the tracklist gets revealed rip

But it's honestly very sweet how supportive and involved Matt's been throughout all facets. The industry is all about connections so it makes sense if he knew which touring musicians to recommend.

There's clearly lots of safety, trust and stability there which she kind of alluded was lacking during the BIBO era (divorce, babes). I also get the sense he's a bit chronically online and has a general pulse on things, which helps Hilary in positive ways too

rogue2

9 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

And with that, I'm signing off.

Jk I'm never leaving

rogue2

See you in 10 min sis

rogue2

Nah she's got way more hype now, people who barely ever listened to her have asked me about her as an audiophile. Never happened before. Still, I don't get why her fans expect big numbers, she's been a flop for the majority of her career realistically, be glad she's having an album out lol.

15 minutes ago, Blondie Darko said:

Nah she's got way more hype now, people who barely ever listened to her have asked me about her as an audiophile. Never happened before. Still, I don't get why her fans expect big numbers, she's been a flop for the majority of her career realistically, be glad she's having an album out lol.

Drag us... Are the big numbers in the room with us though? We just want a cute top 10 which I think she can manage. And words cannot express how insanely greatful fans like me are for this entire era. It's still kind of unreal how it's all unfoldingalexz

2 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Streaming grew like 2000% since then and both new songs have worse streaming power. End of discussion.

Youtube was still leading the pack in 2015 and she had decent turn out there with Sparks.

Were you even following BIBO era in 2015 or is this your first time experience her era live? Because I've been there since Metamorphosis and I can tell you this era does not have bigger hype.

small rooms, big nerves alone had more hype than (1 week of promo) BIBO. Let's not.

10 minutes ago, Lord Of Countdown said:

Photoshoot is a serve. The new underwear pic is FIRE.

Don't leave us hanging dancehall

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.