Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

The most humbling rejection you've received?

Featured Replies

when i was 18 i met up with a guy from Grindr , this guy was objectively very beneath me at the time ..or so i thought , I was skinny , good hair , nice clothes etc etc . and he was older & out of shape and bald . so i thought this would be low hanging fruit to gain some experience . i get in his car and say hey , he drives for about 5 seconds then pulls up and tells me that this isn't going to work out and says for me to get out of the car . :thing:  He doesnt even bother to turn around and drive me back to my house so i had to just get out and walk the 50ft back home while he was probs watching me from the rearview mirror ..

 

i acted fine and friendly about it but i went home and my self esteem was shattered . i still think about it often 9 years later . god i hope he is dead now

spacer.png

 

how about you ?

leave comments in the reply box underneath and we'll be reading them !

I was rejected from the khia asylum for being too much of a hunty boots the house down icon :cries:

  • Popular Post

I'm notoriously bad at sucking dick. One time I was going down on this guy outdoors, he took his dick out of my mouth after maybe 20 seconds, patted me on the head, told me to have a nice day and then walked away

8 minutes ago, KFC said:

I'm notoriously bad at sucking dick. One time I was going down on this guy outdoors, he took his dick out of my mouth after maybe 20 seconds, patted me on the head, told me to have a nice day and then walked away

Okay but me too :rip: I can take 8in easily but can barely get a dick in my throat.

Yall have way too loose holes and way too tight throats omg :deadbanana4: a visit to the doctor is a must i fear

20 minutes ago, KFC said:

I'm notoriously bad at sucking dick. One time I was going down on this guy outdoors, he took his dick out of my mouth after maybe 20 seconds, patted me on the head, told me to have a nice day and then walked away

the only time it was so bad I wanted it to stop was when the guyʻs teeth were involved... :rip: 

54 minutes ago, May said:

when i was 18 i met up with a guy from Grindr , this guy was objectively very beneath me at the time ..or so i thought , I was skinny , good hair , nice clothes etc etc . and he was older & out of shape and bald . so i thought this would be low hanging fruit to gain some experience . i get in his car and say hey , he drives for about 5 seconds then pulls up and tells me that this isn't going to work out and says for me to get out of the car . :thing:  He doesnt even bother to turn around and drive me back to my house so i had to just get out and walk the 50ft back home while he was probs watching me from the rearview mirror ..

 

i acted fine and friendly about it but i went home and my self esteem was shattered . i still think about it often 9 years later . god i hope he is dead now

spacer.png

 

how about you ?

leave comments in the reply box underneath and we'll be reading them !

He sensed the unhingedness and desperation, I fear. I hope he is well, loved and thriving :bird:.

Im not sure if this counts but my ex breaking up with me when I found out he was cheating it really through me for a loop lmao.

In my early 30s, I matched with a very hot guy, actually a celebrity in the Philippines on Tinder. I came into the date feeling confident: fresh haircut, feeling handsome, ready to go.

 

But when I saw him, he was stunning and swole, rocking a tank top. We were supposed to have a Marvel movie marathon to prep for Endgame, but he bailed with a lame excuse about an emergency (his friends fighting).

 

 

 

Edited by bennythatway

8 hours ago, May said:

this guy was objectively very beneath me at the time

Idk why but this just makes me :redface:

none actually, never been rejected harshly so far. rejection does hurt whenever it is done kindly or not. sometime I appreciate 'not my type' cause there are so many fakes trying to steal pics and use them at least I know he was not one of them + did not leave me wait get my hope high till I realize  'it's a no'. 

I matched w this guy on tinder a few years back. I didnt think he was that good looking but I just wanted to meet someone cause I had moved to a new town and I was bored and lonely. We met at a park and then went to a bar, he was into beer making and I think some kinda of chemist or something not sure. Anyway I had a good time cause the beers started hitting. He told me about a guy who he had met online and he really liked but that the guy had ghosted him. He said eventually he bumped into the guy at a party and they hooked up. Again the guy ghosted him afterwards. Once we were ready to say goodbye I just shook his hands and payed it out of there. I texted him that I had a good time and I'd like to see him again. He texted me almost 24 hours laters saying "we have no chemistry worth pursuing". It made me sad cause I actually liked him cause he had his sh1t together not so much for his looks cause she wasn't that good looking, very average. It stuck with me for a month or two. I was texting a friend and told him about the situation, when I got a text back it was from the guy not my friend lol. Hes like "i think u texted the wrong person" so embarrassing lol. Anyway I still remember his name and last I checked he moved to Texas. "I think we have no chemistry worth pursuing"  stuck with me to this day. 

7 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

I matched w this guy on tinder a few years back. I didnt think he was that good looking but I just wanted to meet someone cause I had moved to a new town and I was bored and lonely. We met at a park and then went to a bar, he was into beer making and I think some kinda of chemist or something not sure. Anyway I had a good time cause the beers started hitting. He told me about a guy who he had met online and he really liked but that the guy had ghosted him. He said eventually he bumped into the guy at a party and they hooked up. Again the guy ghosted him afterwards. Once we were ready to say goodbye I just shook his hands and payed it out of there. I texted him that I had a good time and I'd like to see him again. He texted me almost 24 hours laters saying "we have no chemistry worth pursuing". It made me sad cause I actually liked him cause he had his sh1t together not so much for his looks cause she wasn't that good looking, very average. It stuck with me for a month or two. I was texting a friend and told him about the situation, when I got a text back it was from the guy not my friend lol. Hes like "i think u texted the wrong person" so embarrassing lol. Anyway I still remember his name and last I checked he moved to Texas. "I think we have no chemistry worth pursuing"  stuck with me to this day. 

This sent meeee :rip: Maybe he sensed you were not into him and only went on a date to pass by time. 

24 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Hes like "i think u texted the wrong person" so embarrassing lol.

Oh no :deadbanana2:

this thread just reinforces the fact that gay people are so shallow

hmmm, idk. nothing really stands out tbh

 

i guess when my ex broke up with me i was devastated as it had come out of nowhere and i really liked him + it was my first relationship. it was humbling in some sense, but he didn't really say anything bad to me, it's the fact that he broke up with me that shattered my confidence for a time. i never got called ugly so idk what that's like :-*

  • Author
48 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

this thread just reinforces the fact that gay people are so shallow

hey i think you accidentally put thumbs down on my post , please change to trophy react :heart:

My very first true date, it was with a guy who my friend set me up with. We chatted for a while through texts and we seemed to be clicking but the day we met... :skull: It was like I was in the interrogation room, the fluorescent light was pointed at me and the entire time he was grilling me about my body language and shyness and mocking me for being so awkward. We ended up meeting one more time, in his car with his friends just driving around, I was clearly not getting their inside jokes and it was hard to get to talk to him while they were all talking amongst themselves, then my dad called and I had to get home so it reinforced this image of me being immature (and I was, I was only younger than him by a year or two, I was 17 or 18 but I had no experience, it's embarrassing looking back at it). 

 

We never met again, it was more of a humiliation ritual than a rejection but it was over afterwards. We ended up having quite a few mutual friends later in life and it was always awkward to explain the connection. He turned out to be a bottom, so it would have never worked out anyway :heart:

Edited by Illuminati

1. This Forbes 30 Under 30 guy and I were following each other on IG for like a year, during which he'd constantly thirst in my DMs. The moment we saw each other on Grindr we arranged a date so I went to his place. Once he saw me his face lit up, like he was happy I was no catfish (I assume). We went to his bedroom, lays on his bed and orders me to get undressed, but just when I was about to unzip my pants he tells me to stop. "This isn't going to work" and asked me to leave. I didn't even ask why or anything, I just left.

 

On my way home he messages me on Grindr saying how sorry he was (that this didn't work out), while at the same time blocks me from IG.

 

2. A threesome I was about to have. I was partying and was drunk af so I checked Grindr. Two were looking for a third. They just met and wanted someone else that liked feet stuff so I said okay. When I get there I was a drunk ass mess and started gooning on one of them's feet. They kept wanting me to perform and do other stuff but I just kept going at their feet so they asked me to leave. They were pretty polite about it though, even gave me my phone because I was about to leave leaving it there :rip:

 

Edit: just realized these aren't humbling :deadbanana2: or maybe the second story is, in that I needed to get my **** together lol.

Edited by Spicy Pisces

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.