Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Better discography: Katy Perry or Lights?

Better discography: Katy Perry or Lights? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Better discography: Katy Perry or Lights?

    • Katy Perry
      37%
      14
    • Lights
      62%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Katy Perry and Lights are two caucasian female homo sapiens with brown hair and pale skin who debuted as solo artists in the late 2000s.  Although Katy Perry released one Christian album under her birth name, Kathereighn Hudson, nobody has listened to it since, and it only sold a few hundred copies in the first place, so please do not consider it in your ranking.  Anyway, with that in mind, which of these two ladies would you say has the better discography? The "Woman's World" warbler or the "Drive My Soul" diva? Although you may be tempted to write a careless comment like "Teenage Dream alone clears," please be serious for a minute.  Have you actually gone back and listened to the Teenage Dream album in full in the year 2025?  It honestly sounds so outdated to the point that it's borderline unlistenable.  Meanwhile, Lights' first two albums from the late 2000s/early 2010s (The Listening and Siberia) still sound fresh and relevant, not too far from some of the material released by other indie pop artists today.  Anyway, whose discography would you say is better overall?

 

One of the Boys vs. The Listening 

Teenage Dream vs. Siberia

Prism vs. Little Machines

Witness vs. Skin & Earth

Smile vs. Pep

143 vs. A6

 

Katy_Perry_-_One_of_the_Boys.pngLights_thelistening_cover.png

Katy_Perry_-_Teenage_Dream_(album).pngSiberia_by_Lights.png

Katy_Perry_-_Prism_cover.pngLittle_Machines_by_Lights.png

Katy_Perry_-_Witness_(Official_Album_CovSkin_&_Earth_album_cover,_released_by_Li

Katy_Perry_-_Smile.pngLights_Pep.jpg

Katy_Perry_-_143.pnglights-a6-v0-Ry0zBxPXNH6AVI_j-Obruxsl9iT

 

19 minutes ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

Kathereighn Hudson

It's spelled like this? :deadbanana:
 

OT: Damn, double homicide 

Never heard of Lights but I will check her out. I guess she could be referred to as the local ( To Canada) Katy Perry. 

Lights for sure. The only thing I'll give Katy is that OOTB is almost as good as The Listening.

I will never listen to Lights but that person since Katy ruined her discog with 1432.

1 hour ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

As in Ellie Goulding's Lights?

I'm in Delirium from confusion.

What if I say PRISM is Katy's best album to date? That album has everything for Ms. Perry. Commercial success and critical acclaim. Love that :gaycat2:

But I chose Lights, I think she's more versatile 

1 hour ago, TaylorsSquad said:

I will never listen to Lights but that person since Katy ruined her discog with 1432.

Listen to her she's amazing

32 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

Listen to her she's amazing

Is she ? Even Canada are saying no to her last 2 albums. I have to say her aesthetics are very Katy esque to me. 

Edited by Yes, AND

21 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Is she ? Even Canada are saying no to her last 2 albums. I have to say her aesthetics are very Katy esque to me. 

She was never that big in Canada outside of Canada radio playing her music due to their laws, she's very niche. She did just get her first top ten entry on alt radio with this song though:

 

 

I mean Lights by far, considering that Siberia, Little Machines, and A6 are all pop masterpieces on the levels of *name any all-timer pop bible ever here* but I'll still do the vs to appease the thread

 

One of the Boys vs. The Listening 

Teenage Dream vs. Siberia

Prism vs. Little Machines

Witness vs. Skin & Earth

Smile vs. Pep

143 vs. A6

 

oh :rip: okay so that was pointless. anyway, stream masterpiece

 

We are really in the end times. People have lost their damn minds.

6 hours ago, Contessa said:

We are really in the end times. People have lost their damn minds.

By voting for Katy wbk

Its actually a tie for me, but I'm voting for Lights in the poll.

 

One of the Boys is my favorite effort sonically from Katy and I'd love for her to go back to that kind of sound.

I do remember listening to The Listening when it came out, but Lions! is the only song that stands out in memory to me.

Siberia is just a chef kiss artistically.

I don't like Little Machines, and I actually like Prism much more than Teenage Dream as a whole body of work.

I adore Skin and Earth. It became my favorite Lights project, which says a lot because I was obsessed with Siberia.

I hate Pep and made a thread a few months back about how much I liked Smile.

A6 is absolutely my favorite out of all the albums on the list, also overtaking Skin and Earth as my favorite Lights album, and one of my favorite 2025 releases.

 

 

Edited by Cole

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.