Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lorde - "What Was That"

Featured Replies

18 hours ago, pitysmith said:

Now that we know the return is real I have so many thoughts! There is one big difference I'm noticing which is how she's communicating this time. She's changed her pfp everywhere, one of them being a flash photo of her water bottle. The singular tiktok she posted is just her walking through the park. And the voice note she sent through text is the biggest indicator.

 

I think she's trying to not overstate anything. It's all being shared in kind of an anti-aesthetic approach. Nothing super stylized or elevated. And I also imagine based on what little she has shared, the album will be straightforward and raw. If it weren't for Brat, I feel like the undressed state of her website would be the general idea for the album cover. Maybe solid color, or white, with a few unicode symbols like her deleted ig captions. But since the flat color with plain text idea is washed, I'm guessing we'll get a simple photo of Lorde on the album cover. Potentially- black and white photo taking up not much space in the frame, along with the title or those symbols. :ducky:

Very clever analysis. But I hope you are wrong about the album cover theory. I don't want something low effort from Lorde. And I honestly don't think she's the type of artist to pull this off because of her Synesthesia. Colours and aesthetics are an integral part of her songwriting process. But I could be wrong. I feel like this is something Frank Ocean would do though.

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Views 112.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
1 minute ago, RihLorde said:

Very clever analysis. But I hope you are wrong about the album cover theory. I don't want something low effort from Lorde. And I honestly don't think she's the type of artist to pull this off because of her Synesthesia. Colours and aesthetics are an integral part of her songwriting process. But I could be wrong. I feel like this is something Frank Ocean would do though.

i mean she already kinda done the text based/minimalistic cover art thingie way before others with Pure Heroine when you think about it, so i don't think she would do that now.

 

and all 3 of her cover arts are gags so as you said i'm also expecting something very surprising again.

 

i just want to know will we get "single covers" this time or not :confused:

  • Author

Y'ALL I'M SHAKING SNDKSMKDMGD

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIg-ng_Rf1q/

 

https://link.fans/wwt

 

 

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

36 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

i mean she already kinda done the text based/minimalistic cover art thingie way before others with Pure Heroine when you think about it, so i don't think she would do that now.

 

and all 3 of her cover arts are gags so as you said i'm also expecting something very surprising again.

 

i just want to know will we get "single covers" this time or not :confused:

Very true. PH aesthetics did inspire brat in some way. But low brow/minimalist =// low effort. What I meant by low effort is her taking a random selfie, putting a black and white filter and uploading it :skull:.

Spoiler

Another certain alt girl with is very guilty of this

And I hope we do get a single cover this time. The only single cover/s that I can remember off the top of my head is the HD Remix single and the Tennis Court EP?

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Y'ALL I'M SHAKING SNDKSMKDMGD

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIg-ng_Rf1q/

 

 

OMG IS THIS REAL :jonny5:

or if that's just the general art direction, whatever it is, beautiful :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Y'ALL I'M SHAKING SNDKSMKDMGD

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIg-ng_Rf1q/

 

 

The way @pitysmith was sorta right…

Your mind…

 

I REALLY hope this isn't the album cover tho…

"Out soon" girl then what was the point…

 

 

Edited by Gui Blackout

6 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Y'ALL I'M SHAKING SNDKSMKDMGD

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIg-ng_Rf1q/

 

 

SDFHSKDJFHSFD WE HERE!

 

Just now, aly said:

is it coming friday?

Surely not 

7 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Y'ALL I'M SHAKING SNDKSMKDMGD

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DIg-ng_Rf1q/

 

 

im honestly loving the single cover- imagine if the album cover is from the same shoot but a pic of her spitting :jonnycat:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.