Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Miley Cyrus - 'Something Beautiful'

Featured Replies

yeah the music is actually amazing, AOTY contender
but marketing it as a visual album and then all videos just being basic performance videos kinda set her up :eli: was hoping she'd go all out with the visuals

  • Replies 3k
  • Views 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • kyliefever2002
    kyliefever2002

  • Witnessed ET
    Witnessed ET

    Miley might be my favorite artist at the moment tbh. She's so versatile, her personality is to die for, she's always VERY authentic and none of that pretentious **** that other female popstars do, and

The main point of the videos/film seems to be the fashion… it's basically a fashion film. I thought that was kind of obvious since it was announced. 

4 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

I thought that was kind of obvious since it was announced. 

It was presented as a visual album/music film... and has a theatrical release. Be for real. :khalyan:

1 hour ago, beyonceparkwood said:

It was presented as a visual album/music film... and has a theatrical release. Be for real. :khalyan:

What I described still makes it a visual album/music film… I'm just saying that this isn't going to be a Lemonade or something that tells a big story from start to end.

 

In almost every post promoting it, the captions talk about what outfit and designer she's wearing. And based on reviews, it seems like there might be a loose storyline, but it appears to be mostly centered around the fashion and the looks.

this era is giving me commercially tanked but godly quality vibe, can they do something to make this at least semi-popular?

The title track just keeps growing on me which then causes EOTW to also grow on me more. The only thing that pisses me off is the mixing and the vocal processing. I'm imagining how much harder every song would hit if it was all a bit more clear and there was some reverb on her voice, like in Angels Like You. But that aside— this is her magnum opus already. 

Whoever said More to Lose is Angels like You 2.0. terribly lied. That's why I don't believe a word from that people who share their opinions online. Thankfully SB and EotW are great so I'll let that one dud slide.

Unpopular opinion but the Something Beautiful and the More to Lose videos are both great actually. The only dud is the EotW video :lakitu: 

 

And even then, you can already tell some very loose underlying storytelling in them. In the title track her world is literally falling apart, her begging her partner to recognize her devotion for them. EotW then almost seems like a dream sequence, thanks to the use of the blur, where she pretends the love isn't lost, meanwhile More to Lose is her going through different stages of grief. The last outfit almost giving funeral vibes. It's all very subdued though, but I like that it's not completely on the nose and spells everything out for the viewer. Either way, everyone already said both the album and the movie really kick off with Intelrude I: Denial which comes right after MtL so I'm not worried, yet :lakitu:

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

I think for me the biggest issue with the "visual album" narrative is that she said the the film was inspired by Pink Floyd's "The Wall," which, if you've seen it, is a genuine shocking and moving experimental masterpiece with a clear storyline. I don't see how you can compare this "fashion film" to The freaking Wall. That overstatement is what kicked off the campaign so I'm not sure it's fair to say this has been marketed as a fashion film only outside of her using the word "archival" to death in interviews. 
 

Either way, the album sounds amazing so far, so I'm not too mad about it. 

2 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I think for me the biggest issue with the "visual album" narrative is that she said the the film was inspired by Pink Floyd's "The Wall," which, if you've seen it, is a genuine shocking and moving experimental masterpiece with a clear storyline. I don't see how you can compare this "fashion film" to The freaking Wall. That overstatement is what kicked off the campaign so I'm not sure it's fair to say this has been marketed as a fashion film only outside of her using the word "archival" to death in interviews. 

She literally said her idea "was making The Wall, but with better wardrobe and more glamorous". So again, we always knew it was going to be a high fashion visual. And like the people who saw the film said, there is a loose storyline that we have yet to see from the already released videos.

 

I mean the trailer itself is basically just beauty shots for the most part… so again, idk why people were expecting a feature film with a plot, story arc, etc.

29 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

She literally said her idea "was making The Wall, but with better wardrobe and more glamorous". So again, we always knew it was going to be a high fashion visual. And like the people who saw the film said, there is a loose storyline that we have yet to see from the already released videos.

 

I mean the trailer itself is basically just beauty shots for the most part… so again, idk why people were expecting a feature film with a plot, story arc, etc.

Right, so I was expecting something on the level of The Wall WITH high fashion and glamour. But we are getting… just a fashion film. I didn't misread the quote, she misrepresented what it would be. 

3 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I think for me the biggest issue with the "visual album" narrative is that she said the the film was inspired by Pink Floyd's "The Wall," which, if you've seen it, is a genuine shocking and moving experimental masterpiece with a clear storyline. I don't see how you can compare this "fashion film" to The freaking Wall. That overstatement is what kicked off the campaign so I'm not sure it's fair to say this has been marketed as a fashion film only outside of her using the word "archival" to death in interviews. 

I posted this when era started and here's your answer

 

Quote

She often tries to make it seem like she's doing something profound while ultimately she's not doing much at all. The abstract lyrics, the experimental instrumental, it's all there but there's no meat on the bones or anything behind it. It's the illusion of depth without the substance to back it up.

 

yeah the visuals are absolutely not visualing at all :rainy:  all of them have been plain so far which is upsetting. like why even do a theatre release if you're just gonna serve visualizer vids that artists do these days :rip: you don't stick a bunch of visualisers together and call it a "film"....

 

thank goodness the music is great tho. More to Lose might already be my favorite. although whoever has been responsible of the mixing so far needs to get fired.

Endless Summer vacation is my fave album from this decade (love the californian theme) and River my most played song all time (sexy Gay sophisticated anthem)
and im so  so hyped about this era....but i havent played anything yet from this era. Im waiting for the whole visual project to come out :giraffe:
I know im a bad fan but i want to enjoy the whole story from begginin to end and have some sense of surprise :gaymuscat:

but im curious
could someone here tell me the genres of these 3 songs released?
 

21 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

but im curious
could someone here tell me the genres of these 3 songs released?

This is kinda her indie era, very mature and adult but leaning into an alternative/psychedelic sound

 

Title Track - a fusion of jazz/soul and progressive rock. One of her most experimental songs ever

End of the World - ABBA-inspired europop with some pop-rock flavors. heavy dreamy production, kinda sounds like a 2000s/2010s song

More to Lose - dreamy power ballad with saxophones. classic 70s/80s ballad vibes

 

Some people have heard the album already and they're saying the music speeds up after More to Lose. One of the songs (Walk of Fame) is supposed to have River vibes so I think you'll like that one :heart2:

I'm SO excited for this album even if the film isn't what she said it would be. I think this will end up being my favorite album of hers since Dead Petz. I'm so glad she's still here taking risks, doing what she wants, and pushing herself in new directions. Not every pop girl is a passionate artist, and not every passionate artist is a pop girl, but I love when someone can be both. 

15 minutes ago, wish said:

This is kinda her indie era, very mature and adult but leaning into an alternative/psychedelic sound

 

Title Track - a fusion of jazz/soul and progressive rock. One of her most experimental songs ever

End of the World - ABBA-inspired europop with some pop-rock flavors. heavy dreamy production, kinda sounds like a 2000s/2010s song

More to Lose - dreamy power ballad with saxophones. classic 70s/80s ballad vibes

 

Some people have heard the album already and they're saying the music speeds up after More to Lose. One of the songs (Walk of Fame) is supposed to have River vibes so I think you'll like that one :heart2:

Thank u so much. So excited. So its all over the place :gaycat4: Ready for that acclaimed album

 

their thoughts on the album: (*spoilers*)


 

Spoiler

- Easy Lover: It's a groovy dancefloor banger. They think it's gp-friendly and has radio potential. She's feeling herself on the song. The song overall feels more like a self-love track, despite what its title might suggest. "MPG energy".

 

- Interlude 2 - Surrender: She's serving choreo here!

 

- Golden Burning Sun: The song is melodically completely different from what we've heard before. The lyrics are the same. The visual is beautiful. They said "I wish i never heard the leak" tho- :rip: Hearing the leak and stanning it may have ruined this brand new experience for them.

 

- Walk of Fame: Her longest song to date!! +6 minutes. She's serving choreography again! They think it's dance is giving "viral TikTok dance". In its music video she seems to be on a specific star a lot. #iykyk. It's another great one and they say the "real" fans are going to eat this up. Brittany Howard comes in with both a guitar solo + back vocals. Feels like a self-love x revenge themed track.

 

- Pretend You're God: This was a "were you silent? or were you silenced?" moment for them. It feels like the bottom end of a rollercoaster. They say the video was lowkey hard to watch and that it was a sad song. Miley was emotional on this. This is the track that they both want to go back to. It's giving 'a deep, dark, emotional side of how you'd feel about going through a shifty relationship' vibe.

 

- Every Girl You've Ever Loved: Another gag moment! Choreo's being served here also. Naomi has spoken-word parts. They think it was giving "90s Supermodel" vibes & an "i got it all!" type self-love anthem.

 

- Reborn: It was apparently the closing track of this film. It's their favorite. "It's everything!". It's a song that describes her love story with Maxx and he makes an appearance in the video as well. It's very intimate, raw & vulnerable. A huge glimpse into her love life in a way we've never heard since she's always been private. The song is a vibe. A "We've found eachother where we're supposed to be at" type song. Feels peaceful.

 

- Give Me Love: The perfect 'closing credits' track. 

 

Apparently the album isn't explicit.

They think the album is already better than Plastic Hearts.

They think the album has 'back-to-back punches' from GBS onwards. No rest.

They were so in awe of the visuals. The film feels like one big music video.

There are 3 "supermodel/fashion" type songs: Every Girl, Walk of Fame & Easy Lover.

PYG gagged them the most because of how emotional its lyrics were. Everyone in the theatre was silent. + More to Lose.

From first listen: The girl on the left's fave track is Reborn. The girl on the right's fave track is More to Lose (she also mentions Easy Lover again).

They see the film as a love story. A relationship going through a rollercoaster ride.

They think this will be a 'career highlight' album for Miley. Specifically acclaim wise.

 

 

 

Edited by despy

I have decided that she out did dead petz and this is her best album already. 

Just listened to the released single in order. So far I do like how things are going. Thing I'm not a fan of is the oohhh ohhh part in end of the world. It really is not doing any good to me with that part if I'm honest and feel like the song is too familiar like i have listen to this exact song before by someone else. Something Beautiful and More to Lose is really good. I think I like More to Lose even more. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.