Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Do you replace album versions with an alt version?

Featured Replies

when you listen to an album, do you replace the album version with a single mix, radio mix, remix, demo version, etc?

i was just listening to Gag Order and i had replaced the album version of Hate Me Harder with the acoustic demo version that leaked a year prior to the album announcement. i prefer it to the shorter album version. i also replaced Happy with a version that didnt have the spoken word part in the beginning.

ive also replaced a bunch of Animal and Cannibal with demo versions/explicit versions (TiK ToK unmastered, DWTIME demo, Backstabber final explicit, Blah Blah Blah demo, PAARDH demo 1, Dinosaur without the cowbells, Boots & Boys alt demo, unreleased Dirty Picture mix, WRWWR explicit single ver, Sleazy explicit, ***** unreleased alt mix)

and i've replaced the album versions of the singles on Aretha Franklin's pop/disco albums with the 7"/single edits.

 

Spoiler

mUI3fWv.png

9rXM8S2.png

w6rLbxd.png

qwOOjCw.png

ynDNbvS.png

h4crLsd.png

GAwucPT.png

4dhODgE.png

HtogNkm.png

pjTcmAv.png

 

 

what about you?

Edited by Vixen Eyes

  • Replies 33
  • Views 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Punky Rooster
    Punky Rooster

    As the album was intended to be, well done!

  • Yes Apple Music is completely customizable, get with the winning team babes 

  • The original album tracklist      OT: I usually tack lives, remixes, and singles that should be in albums onto a "disc 2" 

No, but I still use the original tracklist of Bloom. **** a "Spotify alternate tracklist."
 

:clack:

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

No, but I still use the original tracklist of Bloom. **** a "Spotify alternate tracklist."
 

:clack:

get the CD, problem solved!

or teh vinyl, it had a reprise of Seventeen :khalyan:

Yes! The album versions of these songs are horrific. These edits are the only ones I use.

 

 

 

 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Yes! The album versions of these songs are horrific. These edits are the only ones I use.

 

 

 

 

ive never thought so negatively of the album versions? are they really that bad?

Only when making my own compilations or singles playlists. The album should sound like the album was intended to sound.

9 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Yes! The album versions of these songs are horrific. These edits are the only ones I use.

 

 

 

 

Express Yourself album version is miles better than those Radio edits or Pop edits

I have MAYHEM with DWAS removed and bonus tracks added to respective tracklist positions. With the album cover being different

:ryan3:

  • Author
3 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

I have MAYHEM with DWAS removed and bonus tracks added to respective tracklist positions. With the album cover being different

:ryan3:

i really dont think DWAS is that bad?

 

plus that wasnt the question

:khalyan2:

10 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Express Yourself album version is miles better than those Radio edits or Pop edits

I agree! It has a very 80s classic adult rock feel which I like. The original 7" edit (basically the album version with a bit more production) is really good too.

8 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

I have MAYHEM with DWAS removed and bonus tracks added to respective tracklist positions. With the album cover being different

:ryan3:

The original album tracklist :clap3:

 

 

OT: I usually tack lives, remixes, and singles that should be in albums onto a "disc 2" 

8 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

i really dont think DWAS is that bad?

 

plus that wasnt the question

:khalyan2:

Of course it's not bad I keep the single version

I'm not a fan of messing with albums just to fit my preference, unless it's something like the Europe version has a rearranged tracklist I prefer or a bonus track I like. But if I had to, I think these Madonna ones are better than the album version: 

 

Lucky Star (7" single version)

Borderline (7" single version)

Like a Prayer (7" single version)

Cherish (7" single version)

Deeper and Deeper (David's Radio Edit)

Fever (Edit One Remix)

 

and pretty much all of the Rebel Heart demo's. Once Bedtime Stories: The Untold Story comes out, I'm sure I might have a few more. 

32 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

I have MAYHEM with DWAS removed and bonus tracks added to respective tracklist positions. With the album cover being different

:ryan3:

As the album was intended to be, well done! :clap3:

Before streaming became mainstream I did do that. Now I don't since I primarily also use Spotify. Although I have been considering going back to Apple Music since they let you modify albums.

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Before streaming became mainstream I did do that. Now I don't since I primarily also use Spotify. Although I have been considering going back to Apple Music since they let you modify albums.

For real? Can you also add local files?

Just now, diemoehre said:

For real? Can you also add local files?

Yes Apple Music is completely customizable, get with the winning team babes :ryan3:

Just now, diemoehre said:

For real? Can you also add local files?

They may have changed it since I last used it, but at the time, you could. Just edit the meta data in the sorting as well and you can compile an entirely new album picked apart from various other sources, and you can compile them with both Apple Music files as well as local files and mark them for easy syncing and download access on all devices. Its really superior in that regard.

59 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Yes! The album versions of these songs are horrific. These edits are the only ones I use.

 

 

 

 

Came in to say I replace both LAP and Express Yourself

This Needed Me (Radio Edit) is better than the original, with subtle melodic synths during the chorus and a more percussive outro:

 

 

nope. I don't delete or replace anything on tracklists tbh. the only time I have was when i deleted r kelly's version of dwuw and replaced it with christina's

44 minutes ago, diemoehre said:

For real? Can you also add local files?

I add local files on Spotify all the time. It's pretty simple to do and easy when downloading music. Then I just add the music in my local files folder to whatever playlists I want.

 

 

The only Kesha song I've replaced is Dinosaur with its rock demo, the album version is unlistenable to me. I also added Woohoo, Meet Me in Space, and Dancing With The Devil to Warrior's tracklist over a decade ago, so it's weird to listen to the actual album and not hear those three songs where I placed them. For Mariah I used to add her remixes and replace them with the originals like Heartbreaker and Fly Away, She uploaded so many of her remixes that were previously unavailable for MC30 so it made it easier.

 

Rarely, I think I replaced Montero with the extended version and Rockstar by Lisa with the extended version.

1 hour ago, diemoehre said:

For real? Can you also add local files?

if you have a PC or Mac, yes! You can change album covers, add custom tracks ala classic iTunes.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.