Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

Featured Replies

Does it mostly consist of music played during the film? No.

 

It's really that simple. Anything else is trickery, deception, spin and cope on behalf of the LMs.

 

Case closed.

 

bye-viola-davis.gif

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 110.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

3 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

Does it mostly consist of music played during the film? No.

:toofunny3:

It's a studio album just like the two albums with Tony Bennett BUT they don't count towards her pop-career, in my opinion.

Feels like additional material like a christmas record, for example.

 

But I feel really stupid trying to define it. As if anyone REALLY cares if its a studio album or whatever else.

 

A Star Is Born on the other side feels like a soundtrack to me. If they released a "Gaga only" edition with maybe 1-2 Bradley Cooper collabs then I would count it towards her discography.

Y'all are so obsessed :ahh: 

 

It quite literally does not count as a studio album per her Interscope contract. Just like other jazz albums, it is a side project.

I count it like a side project. The best comparison to it is Madonna's I'm Breathless. Both of them are companion pieces to a movie they are in, but majority of the songs on them are inspired on the music and not actually in it.

 

Major difference being that Madonna also included her droplet smash hit at the time on it and that one of the songs on the album became a hit.

Well... Personally I like to pretend it doesn't exist... LG7 can't come soon enough. :toofunny2:

I personally consider it a bit of both, but I would never count in her studio album sequence just as I don't count I'm Breathless in Madonna's. It's a companion piece to a larger project so it acts as both a soundtrack and studio album, but is not something I would ever consider "canon" 

31 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

Does it mostly consist of music played during the film? No.

 

bye-viola-davis.gif

the scream i let out, never change beautiful flop sister

Edited by RideOrDie

the way he said that with his whole chest when 12 out of 13 songs on HARLEQUIN are in the film... 

 

bye-viola-davis.gif

It's neither a studio album nor a soundtrack 

it's just a side companion album 

It's a studio album inspired by the film/character. But I wouldn't call it a soundtrack because not all these songs are in the film and also it's not officially affiliated with Joker.

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

 

 

But I feel really stupid trying to define it. As if anyone REALLY cares if its a studio album or whatever else.

 

omg this. easily one of the dumbest discussions i've seen in a while. 

She already stated before it even came out that it's not a studio album so idk why y'all are debating this

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.