Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

did Bad Liar deserves much better?

Featured Replies

 

in my personal opinion, it's one of her best work to date and the fact she treats the song like never existed hurts me till this day. 

 

according to critics:

 

Rolling Stones ranked the song at #39 on their list of best songs of 2010s

 

Billboard ranked the song at #1 on their list Billboard's 100 Best Songs of 2017

 

and many more, do you think the song deserved better?

 

Edited by Carter

Definitely, it's amazing. Hasn't aged a day too

 

Unfortunately, most commercial singers view music as better if it charts well

Hmmm…no. I love the video and the foundations of the song, but I always felt like the vocal and the production…didn't match? It sounds like she's off-beat, but that's not an issue on Selena's end.

 

The potential is there…I've just always felt like mistakes were made?

 

I think if the producers had polished it more, and fixed those mistakes, then it could've performed so much better.

Yes and that whole era deserved better. I still wish we'd have gotten the original SG2 with BL/Fetish.

  • Author
15 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

Hmmm…no. I love the video and the foundations of the song, but I always felt like the vocal and the production…didn't match? It sounds like she's off-beat, but that's not an issue on Selena's end.

 

The potential is there…I've just always felt like mistakes were made?

 

I think if the producers had polished it more, and fixed those mistakes, then it could've performed so much better.

i'm sorry but the "AND OH, baby let's make reality actuality (actuality)" is iconic 

 

the song was great and her breathy vocals sold the song for me

 

 

I see this topic come up every 6-12 months. And YES. It's her best song. I will always be salty that we never got the full songs from that Bad Liar and Fetish era. Maybe we got some of that in Rare, but that project would have been so much better than what we got. It's a shame. This song is a classic. Fetish is excellent, too.

2017 - 2018 is her own Original Doll era filled with what ifs and whys. What a shame

What a great song, to be honest her droplets are so much better than the Rare tracks. Bad Liar, Fetish, Wolves, Back to You and It Ain't Me were great songs. I know Feel Me is in Rare but that could have done wonders too. Even her collab Past Life was great.

fantastic song, one of her best. idk if the GP is refined enough to appreciate it tho. the girls that get it, get it

It Ain't Me and Bad Liar were 2 of 2017 best songs. I'm glad she released the droplets :clap3:

Her best song! My only gripe with it is that her characterization as the dad in the mv was... weird, lol. But yeah, it deserved better.

This song is genuinely one of the best tracks ever recorded by a pop artist and deserved to be one of those obnoxiously overplayed radio hits that you hear nonstop for like six months straight. Brilliant sample usage. Its relative minimalism is where the magic lies - it's straightforward, catchy, effective pop with no complications or unnecessary flourishes. Perfect simplicity.

I was honestly shocked that it didn't even get a Grammy nom considering it was so acclaimed. :rip: At the end of the day, it's still an amazing song and one of her best no matter it performed.

I wish we had gotten the album that was originally planned :chick3: This and fetish was the only time I was interested in her music 

  • Author
16 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

I was honestly shocked that it didn't even get a Grammy nom considering it was so acclaimed. :rip: At the end of the day, it's still an amazing song and one of her best no matter it performed.

grammys are not here ms. gomez and we somehow managed to be ok with it. 

This is her best song and artistic peak (alongside 'Fetish' maybe). I don't think she will pull anything this good again. x

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.