Smilers hate Dua, why?

Solaria

Is this just because of Prisoner? Or what is it? Smilers are FIRST in line on Twitter to hate on anything that Dua does. It's so extremely confusing :deadbanana2: Miley and Dua aren't even peers. Miley had a whole succesful career a DECADE before Dua even took off. Why are they not picking fights with Demi and Selena who are Miley's actual peers??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• Dante Silva

• Scars

• Princess Aurora

Because she gave Miley a hit in 2020 and rightfully put it on the deluxe version of her album.

And now Radical Optimism will be yet another Miley album ender even without a Flowers.

duahoudinigif3.thumb.gif.14f021fe804119f11296334c7f5393a5.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Because she gave Miley a hit in 2020 and rightfully put it on the deluxe version of her album.

And now Radical Optimism will be yet another Miley album ender even without a Flowers.

duahoudinigif3.thumb.gif.14f021fe804119f11296334c7f5393a5.gif

From your lips to God's ears legend

spacer.png

From what I've heard on twitter, Miley and Dua don't like each other. They were even found avoiding each other at some public event tho they were seated together

Smilers? WTF is that?

I would assume it's because Dua isn't tied to a cult and has the ability to promote an era outside of one smash single 

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm pretty certain contractual agreements would have had to be negotiated prior to Dua being legally entitled to add the track "Prisoner" to her deluxe.

Miley had three months of "Plastic Hearts" album sales (between Nov 2020 and Feb 2021), before Dua even released it on her FN re-pack.

If one artist makes a decision to collaborate with another, then the primary artist who made that choice needs to consider the artist they collaborate with might also have a fanbase of their own.

• Thanks 2

Because she inspired Miley to go on an Endless Summer Vacation

• Haha 12

Dua is a robber and a thief

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Dua is a robber and a thief

Help. What did she steal?

We love both :psyduck:

• Like 2

It must come from insecurity from a part of that fanbase. Miley and Dua have completely different career trajectories.  The way they tackle their craft, the way they approach their eras etc.

The whole discussion about Prisoner is just weird and the fact a part of Miley's fans still go on and on about it despite Miley having 8+ eras and a monster hit with Flowers still recently only makes them even more look like fools. 

Their fav is doing amazing and Prisoner is not Miley's nor Dua's best song, not even the best song on PH or FN. It's just something that has been used for decades like how Camila and Shawn both had Seniorita on their albums, how Sean Paul had Baby Boy and Break It Off on the respective Repackages of the albums at that time or how Maroon 5 and Rihanna had that song. And the list is endless.

Edited by J-esper
  • Like 3

Don't know, but I'm pretty sure I remember OP being messy and hateful on any Miley-related thread during the Plastic Hearts era, so maybe it's a mutual feeling among some stans from the two bases.

I love Dua though. :heart2:

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Midnight Sky had a better chart performance than Prisoner and Angels Like You is the most streamed song from Plastic Hearts on Spotify, by far.

Miley doesn't need Dua (or anyone) to have a hit. This passive-aggressive drag will never work with her because of all her biggest hits are SOLO.

Edited by Scars
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

It's a common practice. American Miley fans with unwashed butts just love to find something to get mad at.

Beyoncé had "Baby Boy" and "The Closer I Get to You" for Dangerously in Love. Sean Paul added "Baby Boy" and Luther Vandross added "The Closer I Get to You" to their respective albums out at the time.

Jay-Z released "Hollywood" from his 2006 album. Beyoncé added a rearranged version called "Welcome to Hollywood" to her B'Day reissue the next year.

Rihanna has "Break It Off" from her 2006 album. Sean Paul re-issued his album in 2007 that added the song to the tracklist.

Maroon 5 released "If I Never See Your Face Again" from their 2006 album. Rihanna included the song on her Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded re-release in 2007.

It's nothing to get mad about. Get mad about that dirty ass. Buy a bidet, then scrub your crack with soap! Wiping is NOT enough. It's 2024.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

What's the tea tho. I don't know the story around prisoner/their beef. 

She gave her a hit in 2020 with Prisoner, PH was tanking so hard even before Dua put that song in TME lol!!! and they want to blame us for "sabotage" Miley. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Says who? I love them both. :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

What's the tea tho. I don't know the story around prisoner/their beef. 

Dua put prisoner on a reissued version of future nostalgia when she was already smashing and clearly the song was meant for PH. It's so out of place on FN anyways and she was only credited as a featured artist on the song. Then plastic hearts (the album) fell like 100 spot on billboard 200 :rip: and at the time it was being serviced as the second single for plastic hearts. Billboard has a rule that indicates if a song exists on more than one album it will only count for the album that's performing better so Plastic hearts performance suffered because of this.

Then she didn't perform it live with Miley or her tour to promote the song because she sided with the producer of the song who Miley fell out of favor with after their fling was over. She left Miley in the dust.

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Thumbs Down 4

31 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Help. What did she steal?

Prisoner and all its 10k sales I guess

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Why are they not picking fights with Demi and Selena who are Miley's actual peers??

Oh girl they do that too :dancehall2: 

I love Miley but stay out of stan culture completely except for sh*ts and giggles but a lot of the Disney trio fans are very childish still. And all over that nothing burger (worst on the album) song Prisoner. 

It's also not even the biggest song on the album though so idk about the claims Miley ran to her for a hit. They were friends ever since Miley accepted Dua's invitation to sing at her Kosovo festival so I'm gonna believe they're still friends and ignore stan mess. :redface:

• Like 1

What is this fan fiction OP? :bibliahh: not you trying to setup both Miley and Dua with some fake news.

I'm a fan of both Dua and Miley but these "Dua gave Miley a hit with Prisoner" comments are delusion :rip: hit where? The song was a flop and Miley hadn't won back her graces with the GP yet. Since, Miley's got the biggest hit of her career under her belt. Let's be cute, y'all! :khalyan2:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.