Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

8 minutes ago, Saint James said:

this album is a small step backwards for Dua. such middle of the road pop songs.

im happy if other people can enjoy it, but i can't at all. this sound, this combination of writers and producers does not work at all imo.

I gotta be honest, I think the total opposite. This album showed a lot of depth and steps forward in terms of sound

• Like 6

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

"Maria" and "Falling Forever" should be singles

• Like 1

What was the point on Anything for love? like the melody was beautiful and it ends so ridiculously? Ian Kirkpatrick if I find you!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tellyourfriends said:

crazy how this album sounds nothing alike to fn, some people really had the audacity to call those singles fn rejects💀 they got no excuses left now

I was literally just thinking this. FN songs wouldn't fit on this at all.

• Like 1

Her best album IDC! Thank you DUA!:clownny:

• Thanks 1

Oh wow happy for you :jonny5:

I want to drive near the ocean with this song blasting :jonny5:

What a stunning song. That beautiful outro alone :jonny5: 

• Like 3

I'm just glad it's kind of nothing like FN at all

Illusion is the only "FN" song and it's out of place on the album

Future Nostalgia vs End of An Era

Don't Start Now vs Houdini

Cool vs Training Season

Physical vs These Walls

Levitating vs Whatcha Doing

Pretty Please vs French Exit

Hallucinate vs Illusion

Love Again vs Falling Forever

Break My Heart vs Anything for Love

Good In Bed vs Maria

Boys Will Be Boys vs Happy for You

I may have only picked 4 from RO, but the album is a complete serve… I was shocked at some of it tbh

Houdini really sticks out compared to the rest of the songs. It remains the best song on the album and the correct choice for the lead IMO. With a proper video and a few more performances it would've been a smash.

• Like 1

Wait now Tate mcrae is playing. Not me thinking it's another Dua song :gaycat7:

Why did the album end so quick :katie:

• Haha 1

great listen and zero filler unlike FN :duca:

i hope we get an extended album !! 

French exit is stunning. What a beautiful song. 

Could it be the best song on the album? 

I'm so confused by people saying this album is not cohesive.. This might be her most cohesive work IMO.. It's so up and down when it comes to the emotions of the songs and it's the whole point of the album. At the end of the day it's mainly an album about love and how it goes up and down, from facing your fears, happiness and hopeful beggings to sad endings and then back to those hopeful beginnings again.. It's literally the whole point. It's such an amazing love journey and I feel like it really represents how relationships work and this whole concept of being "radically optimistic" in the end is just perfectly represented here. I fell in love with this album immediately on the first listen few weeks ago. So good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TouchinFree said:

French exit is stunning. What a beautiful song. 

Could it be the best song on the album? 

Interesting, for me its the weakest track on the album (I dont count "Anything for love" as full song haha)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TouchinFree said:

Omg French exit OMGGGGGGG :jonnycat::jonny5:

I need the instrumental right the **** now my God that flute. Kevin Parker is a ******* genius. Those guitar strings and the that sensitive flute ******* byeeeee

Is this all on French Exit? It's one of my most anticipated tracks! Everyone's putting it on the bottom of their rankings.

Edited by CuriousDolphin
  • Like 1

why is French exit recieving so much hate???? the transition to the chorus may be clunky but the instrumental is FIRE and the hook is really effective

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

End of an Era = 4/10 (very weak compared to Future Nostalgia)
These Walls = 7/10 (I like the chorus, this could be a radio hit for her) 

Watcha Doing = 10/10 (I guess it could be a surefire hit for her, the chorus is very strong and catchy, top-notch production) 

French Exit = 8/10 (one of the highlights of the album, a very catchy chorus)

Falling Forever = 3/10 (this one is too loud, too noisy, I don't like the screaming in the chorus, very basic, underwhelming) 
Anything for Love = 5/10 (cute production, kind of goes nowhere) 

Maria = 6/10 (the instrumental is nice, but it has little replay value) 
Happy for You = 7/10 (very smooth production, a strong chorus)

Overall, 7/10. Some amazing songs like Watcha Doing and some borderline unlistenable tracks like Falling Forever. A downgrade compared to Future Nostalgia, but this is still a very solid album. I hope that she will score at least one major hit with Watcha Doing, French Exit, or Happy for You.           

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, CuriousDolphin said:

Is this all on French Exit? It's one of my most anticipated tracks! Everyone's putting it on the bottom of their ranking. 

It is crisp, mellow, upbeat, happy, positive, modern, slick and hard core all at once. A perfect pop song. 

Guitar strings beautifully carry the song with Dua's strong vocals that turn into luscious vocals with her French accent. Psychedelic kicks and drums with the guitar strings switching up then dimming down through the song until the darken. And that Arabic feel when the song tightens....and the flute coming and out. Just a terrific , perfect pop song. This is why I love pop music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The people panning it cause there's no hits just tells me I'm in for a TREAT

Success stans NEVER have taste :jonny2:

• Like 6

Even when I'm here in his arms

I know you're somewhere in his heart

spacer.png

MARIA!

spacer.png

I KNOW YOU'RE GONE BY I FEEL YA!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

How LooooooooooOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOoooong

giphy.gif

• Like 1

This might be my favorite album of her!!

The LQ snippets didn't make justice, obviously. For me it's a better album than FN, but FN highs are higher. This one is punch after punch and my least favs arent terrible. I'll do my track by track thoughts later

Great job Dua :clap:

• Like 2

I don't really understand her comment about Illusion being a turning point for the creation of the album. It sounds like nothing else on there bar Houdini. Honestly, I think i need a sunnier day and to give it a few more listens but there's no clear miss like GIB and BWBB

• Like 2

WATCHA DOING NEXT SINGLE ASAP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.