Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

6 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

are there any song that are electro-pop rock sounds with guitars? Or like an electric guitar riff? 

Oh btw how did I forget these walls. The song is dependent on beautiful guitar riffs. The beginning of French exit reminds me of Madonna's don't tell me but the song has so many different instruments and moment it is incredible. The guitar flirts all over the song. 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

If you told an AI generator to come up with an Ariana Grande album, ES would be exactly what you'd get. :rip: Not sure the "predictable" drag works here

If that makes you feel better:ryan3:

End of an Era - great lyrics but the melodies feel childlish and silly? It might grow on me but not the biggest fan
Houdini - a smash in my household

Training Season - it grew on me since release, it's cool
These Walls - wow, so fresh for her. I really love this one!
Whatcha Doing - it feels too structured in a way? I have this feeling about a lot of Dua's music. It would be nice if the lyrics were slightly different in the second pre-chorus. Or if the melodies evolved and expanded in the second verse instead of just copy pasting the same structure throughout the song. But it's not bad overall

TBC

"Whatcha Doing" would be good US single since they are still stuck in that particular sounds

"Maria" would be great for the rest of the world

• Like 1

i just needed one more big maximalist bop like houdini :emofish: i know she has it hidden somewhere 

I can't wait to blast French exit and happy for you OUT LOUD. 

End of an Era has kinda similar vibe to this.

Maybe that's why I like it so much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I like about this album is that you actually hear Dua's life experiences on it. It sounds... her.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The only minus i have with the album (besides having 2 of Dua's worst songs - H & TS) is that is just way too short. Clowning myself into thinking she'll drop a deluxe tomorrow cuz waiting 4 years for only 11 songs (technically 10.5 cuz AFL is an interlude)…  I need more :clown: 

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1

I'm so incredibly sad that I'm not feeling this album. It's fun but I guess Houdini set my expectations too high, and the album is so… basic, it feels like AI was making generic Dua Lipa songs like Whatcha Doing, These Walls, End of An Era, French Exit… c'mon Dua you could do so much better than that, it's sooo generic, so basic, so lifeless even the production is so safe, so basic. And Anything for Love is her worst "song" (?) ever. I think some songs will grow on me, but it's definitely a step back from Future Nostalgia, I can't believe she hired Kevin to make music she could've easily done with her previous producers. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

French Exit lyrics are kinda wtf are you going on about? But i like it.

it's literally about ghosting someone because you're afraid of commitment :rip: there's a very clear lyrical thread on the album 

i'm obsessed. what she does has CLASS to it, i'll say that. the 3 singles initially had me…whelmed, but in the context of the album i finally get it. you're not gonna get it the first time i guess!:WAP:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i just needed one more big maximalist bop like houdini :emofish: i know she has it hidden somewhere 

Radical Optimism (The Sunshine Edition) incoming!!

omg Anything for Love :jonny5: the new Adele is here!

its cute.

reminds me of her debut album a bit.

i don't hate it but i don't LOVE it. but im sure it will grow

7 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

I'm so incredibly sad that I'm not feeling this album. It's fun but I guess Houdini set my expectations too high, and the album is so… basic, it feels like AI was making generic Dua Lipa songs like Whatcha Doing, These Walls, End of An Era, French Exit… c'mon Dua you could do so much better than that, it's sooo generic, so basic, so lifeless even the production is so safe, so basic. And Anything for Love is her worst "song" (?) ever. I think some songs will grow on me, but it's definitely a step back from Future Nostalgia, I can't believe she hired Kevin to make music she could've easily done with her previous producers. 

I gotta ask, if these are basic, what are some other songs/artists that have an album that sounds like this?

Most mainstream girls aren't gonna be making some experimental album and I think Dua's first 2 albums show that lol

• Like 2

"These Walls" gives me the same feeling as "Cool" by Gwen

Video of that style would fit perfectly to it ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burqa said:

it's literally about ghosting someone because you're afraid of commitment :rip: there's a very clear lyrical thread on the album 

Can't relate.

Posted (edited)

I love this album. I used to pray for days like these when our favorite artists would  release albums back to back for a consistent period of time. I feel like the pandemic slowed it down and WE'RE BACK. :jonnycat:

Edited by selena_lavigne

5 minutes ago, mike_int said:

"These Walls" gives me the same feeling as "Cool" by Gwen

Video of that style would fit perfectly to it ...

Can't wait to hear this one! Cool is my favourite song of all time. A love a good guitar driven pop song. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Can't wait to hear this one! Cool is my favourite song of all time. A love a good guitar driven pop song. 

It is not musically similar at all, but the feeling of the song is very similar to me

• Like 1

I like French Exit. It's a lil toxic. But it's real.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Oh btw how did I forget these walls. The song is dependent on beautiful guitar riffs. The beginning of French exit reminds me of Madonna's don't tell me but the song has so many different instruments and moment it is incredible. The guitar flirts all over the song. 

I just listened to all the snippets. I seems like the pretty much the entire album is this vibe. :jonny: These Walls is my fave. Why did she choose the 3 worst songs to release as singles. 

I still think Illusion is very sexy. It's not my favorite on the album anymore because there is a lot of quality on here. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The flute in Maria is a great addition

Can we now adress the mentions of Massive Attack, Ray of Light, Fleetwood Mac and UK rave because I'm actually curious what happened there? Like what was the point of all that? This is just a good pop album. There was no need to hype it as something else when it's not...

Edited by Kern

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.