Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

I can't NOT sing Gypsy with that Falling Forever chorus, sound so much alikeย :deadbanana2:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 841.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming ย 

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

The pre-chorus of Watcha Doing is IT. She knows how to write.

Houdini is so out of place, it feels like yes, and? in ES

6 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

My current ranking:

Happy For You

Falling Forever

Anything For Love

These Walls

Illusion

Maria

Whatcha Doing

End of An Era

French Exit


ย 

โ€” Barrierโ€”

โ€” Earth's mantle โ€”

ย 

Houdini

Training Season

ย 

ย 

Girl. I understand the Training Season disappointment but Houdini? You playing.

6 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

My current ranking:

Happy For You

Falling Forever

Anything For Love

These Walls

Illusion

Maria

Whatcha Doing

End of An Era

French Exit


ย 

โ€” Barrierโ€”

โ€” Earth's mantle โ€”

ย 

Houdini

Training Season

ย 

ย 

Girl. I understand the Training Season disappointment but Houdini? You playing.

oh miss peep.. you did what you had to do with Anything for Love

okay i fully understand happy for you as the closer, but if anything for love were more fleshed out i think it would have made a fantastic closer

Not Dua perfectly capture my gay ass feeling about having a crush to straight friend who just engaged to his girlfriend on Happy For You

ย 

giphy.gif

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

End of An Era being the song receiving a push makes sense, I could see this and Illusion splitting all the playlisting. (EOAE would NOT do well as a single, if the previous 3 did not do anything this one is not the one to get the ball rolling.) Maria should definitely be a single sometime, I could see this really being big globally. Latin America would stream it like crazy. Watcha Doing is likely the best choice for an American single. Ariana would sound beautiful on a remix later down the road. Falling Forever is unpredictable, it's the only other single option but I'm not sure what the US would do with it. It'd smash in Europe though.ย 

listening now and End of An Era isn't doing it for me :noparty: it felt quite long and lacks punch, it feels like a random outtake.ย 

28 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

ย 

Houdini & Training Season remain god awful. The NMP & Good In Bed of Radical Optimism.

ย 

Brain rot.ย 

ย 

26 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

You know, I think you hit the nail on the head here: compared to FN the tracks sound a bit... empty? I guess that's the Kevin Parker impactย :gaycat7:

Idt empty per se? She didn't really adlib on FN either

ย 

I'll need instrumentals asap. Really hoping for a full extended album at some pointย 

Listening to this album is like listening to 35 minutes of Eurovision. America will leave her in the dust more than they already have. She truly didn't care about charts this era.

This album feels like summer. I think I agree with the people who said that this is the kind of sound they expected from an album like Endless Summer Vacation and that kind of title definitely fits this project more.

ย 

I think the visuals for the Illusion music video were perfect for capturing the vibe and essence of the album visually. Every song sounds different from the others, to me, so they all are easy to distinguish and yet every song sounds like a hot summer day. Sonically I am getting debut + Kylie Minogue + Jessie Ware, which I am here for.

ย 

There are no skips on the album. The new tracks that stand out for me are End of an Era, These Walls, French Exit and Falling For You on my initial listen. I really like the tracklist ordering and Happy For You as a closer is great. Wish Anything For Love was longer.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Gladiator

35 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

Honestly feeling really bad for anyone who can't hear the brilliance in this album, sooo much more interestingly produced, melodically nuanced and lyrically mature than the previous one. I absolutely do agree with the sentiment that she won't be getting a big bad #1 this era, but genuinely good music rarely spawns such success, so...

ย 

that said, French Exit is my least favourite of the album, while Houdini, EOAE, HFY, TW, FF are my favourites for sure. The massive attack influence is nowhere to be seen, but there for sure are smidges of psychedelia and britpop

oooh if this is true it's exactly what I wanted from her. I'm excited now!

Listening to this album is like listening to 35 minutes of Eurovision. America will leave her in the dust more than they already have. She truly didn't care about charts this era.

Send a big kiss goodbye
To all of the pretty eyes
Another girl falls in love
Another girl leaves the club


Shakespeare could never! :clap3:

7 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Idt empty per se? She didn't really adlib on FN either

Idk the most exact terminology, but for example, listen to Levitating and in the chorus, you can hear someone else ad-libbing in the background

ย 

I just think the BGV and instrumentals were more interesting on FN in a wayย :gaycat7:maybe it'll grow on me idk

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine

These Walls is gorgeous. I know I'll cry to this song someday. It just feels so vulnerable

After a third listen...

ย 

Houdini

Happy For You

Falling Forever

End Of An Era

French Exit

Maria

Illusion

Training Season

These Walls

Whatcha Doingย 

Anything For Love

ย 

The fact that I feel kinda uncomfortable with Anything For Love being last tells me I must really like the album lol If it wasn't so short, it definitely would be in the upper half.

Whatcha Doing is AMAZING. truly the most similar to FN but I can see it smashing this summer

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.