• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy For You might become my favourite when all is said and done.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't remember exactly what she said, but in retrospect looking back to when she said Houdini was the perfect intro to the album (or something like that)... is very confusing?

the spoken part in EOAE reminds me more of Homewrecker by Marina than Levitating lol

Falling Forever :jonny5:

illusion.gif?ex=66346ab5&is=66331935&hm=

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

I don't remember exactly what she said, but in retrospect looking back to when she said Houdini was the perfect intro to the album (or something like that)... is very confusing?

All her descriptions and references make me think that the album was VERY different at the beginning, like the aesthetics, there was a change here 

• Like 2

she should scrap all the interview that said it's gonna be PsYchEdeLic album

Like, where the f*ck is the trip-hop on this?

This is a really solid listen. It definitely shows her growth but for sure makes FN seem a bit more .. generic id say? I think if she wanted another huge commercial era she could have but this seems like more of the music she wants to make

2 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

All her descriptions and references make me think that the album was VERY different at the beginning, like the aesthetics, there was a change here 

Yea. maybe a full album of Houdinis would have gotten overdone, but I was hoping for another moment or two like it, that was clubbier and darker. Hopefully on the deluxe!

• Like 1

falling forever is begging for an extended outro

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

Will say though that I think maybe there's some psychedelic tinges but yeah no trip hop or UK rave culture ? Girl what are you talking about 

As one of the most optimistic people on this forum for the last few months, absolutely loving all three singles so far, there is certain level of disappointment cause no other song (except "Falling Forever") fits the same vibe musically.

"Anything For Love" - this is interlude not song,  I absolutely don't understand the decision put it on the album when  it is so absurdly unfinished. I don't think it has place to be on 11 track album (when we already heard 8 tracks before)

"French Exist" is pure filler :/

"Whatcha Doing" is cute and catchy but it could literally be another Barbie movie soundtrack

"Maria" this is so heavy Moloko inspired ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GY9DWIfpwc ) that I cannot NOT love it, its great

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The album is great, I HATE the way she's promoted it :jonny2: literally nothing she's said makes any sense now

Can't believe she said "rave" 

• Like 2

i just know that there are tons of outtakes that **** on some of these album tracks :rip: it's always the case with Dua and I'm not worried because they'll eventually leak

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motivation93 said:

This is a really solid listen. It definitely shows her growth but for sure makes FN seem a bit more .. generic id say? I think if she wanted another huge commercial era she could have but this seems like more of the music she wants to make

maybe, but I also think she does a great job of speaking about evolution and improvement each era without shitting on her past albums. Like you can tell she still is really proud of FN and even DL1, despite feeling like she's making her best, most confident music now. 

Some other artists could take note!

Falling Forever, These Walls and Maria for singles

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Me: I dont want to hear or see spoilers until release.

Also me:

spacer.png

those first 15 seconds of Falling Over :jonny6: she needs to make this a single

Just woke up and already on second listen. Come on DUA! Love the production!:heart:

After a few more listens, this might not be as consistent as FN but some of the highs on this are so great, nothing from Future Nostalgia comes even close. Physical has finally been dethroned. Happy For You, Illusion, These Walls, Falling Forever, Anything For Love >>>>>> Future Nostalgia (the album)

The intro of Falling Forever also reminds me of Madonna's song Isaac.

Posted (edited)

I listened a couple of times and i feel like it ends wayy too fast every time :monkey:

I can't wait for radical optimism (the endless british holiday edition) :duca:

Edited by West Coast

Falling Forever's bridge

spacer.png

Maria's flute

spacer.png

Watcha Doing's bells

spacer.png

These Walls

spacer.png

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, popmusic said:

After few hours "Fallig Forever" is the most streamed album track. I'm wondering how debut numbers will look like 

Taste :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.