Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

This made me put on the That! Feels Good! by Jessie and OMG WHAT AN ALBUM :WAP:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 841.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

I don't remember exactly what she said, but in retrospect looking back to when she said Houdini was the perfect intro to the album (or something like that)... is very confusing?

the spoken part in EOAE reminds me more of Homewrecker by Marina than Levitating lol

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

I don't remember exactly what she said, but in retrospect looking back to when she said Houdini was the perfect intro to the album (or something like that)... is very confusing?

All her descriptions and references make me think that the album was VERY different at the beginning, like the aesthetics, there was a change here 

she should scrap all the interview that said it's gonna be PsYchEdeLic album

This is a really solid listen. It definitely shows her growth but for sure makes FN seem a bit more .. generic id say? I think if she wanted another huge commercial era she could have but this seems like more of the music she wants to make

2 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

All her descriptions and references make me think that the album was VERY different at the beginning, like the aesthetics, there was a change here 

Yea. maybe a full album of Houdinis would have gotten overdone, but I was hoping for another moment or two like it, that was clubbier and darker. Hopefully on the deluxe!

Will say though that I think maybe there's some psychedelic tinges but yeah no trip hop or UK rave culture ? Girl what are you talking about 

As one of the most optimistic people on this forum for the last few months, absolutely loving all three singles so far, there is certain level of disappointment cause no other song (except "Falling Forever") fits the same vibe musically.

 

"Anything For Love" - this is interlude not song,  I absolutely don't understand the decision put it on the album when  it is so absurdly unfinished. I don't think it has place to be on 11 track album (when we already heard 8 tracks before)

 

"French Exist" is pure filler :/

 

"Whatcha Doing" is cute and catchy but it could literally be another Barbie movie soundtrack

 

"Maria" this is so heavy Moloko inspired ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GY9DWIfpwc ) that I cannot NOT love it, its great

 

 

 

 

 

The album is great, I HATE the way she's promoted it :jonny2: literally nothing she's said makes any sense now

 

Can't believe she said "rave" 

i just know that there are tons of outtakes that **** on some of these album tracks :rip: it's always the case with Dua and I'm not worried because they'll eventually leak

1 minute ago, Motivation93 said:

This is a really solid listen. It definitely shows her growth but for sure makes FN seem a bit more .. generic id say? I think if she wanted another huge commercial era she could have but this seems like more of the music she wants to make

maybe, but I also think she does a great job of speaking about evolution and improvement each era without shitting on her past albums. Like you can tell she still is really proud of FN and even DL1, despite feeling like she's making her best, most confident music now. 

 

Some other artists could take note!

Me: I dont want to hear or see spoilers until release.

 

Also me:

spacer.png

those first 15 seconds of Falling Over :jonny6: she needs to make this a single

After a few more listens, this might not be as consistent as FN but some of the highs on this are so great, nothing from Future Nostalgia comes even close. Physical has finally been dethroned. Happy For You, Illusion, These Walls, Falling Forever, Anything For Love >>>>>> Future Nostalgia (the album)

I listened a couple of times and i feel like it ends wayy too fast every time :monkey:

I can't wait for radical optimism (the endless british holiday edition) :duca:

Edited by West Coast

Falling Forever's bridge


spacer.png


Maria's flute

 

spacer.png

 

Watcha Doing's bells

 

spacer.png

 

These Walls

 

spacer.png

 

 

43 minutes ago, popmusic said:

After few hours "Fallig Forever" is the most streamed album track. I'm wondering how debut numbers will look like 

Taste :jonny5:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.