Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

St. Vincent - 'All Born Screaming'

Featured Replies

6 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Should we rank the albums? Does this one top Self Title? I am afraid not.

sure! 
 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- Masterpiece 

1.All Born Screaming 

2.Self Titled 

3.Strange Mercy

4.Actor 

 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- amazing/great 

5.Masseduction 

6.Daddy's Home 

7.Marry Me 

 

Top 4 albums up there go crazy IMO . I'm the biggest self titled fan, I have a signed copy from 2014 on my wall. But All Born Screaming is just as all killer no filler (if not more), the production is thicker and stronger, the hard parts go harder, and the album experience is so cinematic, it's like "St Vincent : the movie- IMAX experience" lol. So to me it (at least) has to barely edge out self titled for the win. 🏆 

  • Replies 426
  • Views 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • truthteller
    truthteller

    thank you for leaving me alone

  • conquxror
    conquxror

    there is both poetry and tragedy in all death. it's a romantic way of looking at life and i understand why it would weird somebody out but i don't think st vincent is being weird at all. she's just be

  • VeniceBeach
    VeniceBeach

    THE discography if you think about it  

I had to visit so many planeeets

before i found my own

i fall asleep on the golden highway

before i finally fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind it

 

daleytwt-dancing.gif

 

 

Finally getting around to listening to this. A masterpiece omg. The late 90s serve on a lot of these. :jonnycat:

Excellent album ! Violent Times in particular is a total slay 

Let's see…

 

1.Self Titled

2.All Born Screaming 

3.Marry Me

4.Strange Mercy

5. Daddy's Home

6. Actor

7. Masseduction

Violent Times truly a career highlight. Leaving me SCALPED every time I play it. :jonny5:

Reckless is def. one of her finest tracks ever, o-wow. She ate.

 

The only problem i have with the alberm is that is feels "incomplete". It's not because it's short, since all her alberms have almost the same lenght. I thought the same about Daddy's Home. It's because she start off strong and the last couple of tracks don't really leave you in awe, imo. The title track specially is very lazy, I don't like the ending.

Violent Time is becoming my favorite song from hers ever

 

She truly took us to church there

 

Church Girl” by Beyonce: a total BOP, or a total FLOP? - Page 2 - Base -  ATRL

https://www.discogs.com/release/30507808-St-Vincent-All-Born-Screaming/image/SW1hZ2U6MTEwMjY3NTkw

Gorl.... I just noticed that she pees on the gatefold cover.. 

 

--

Just listened to this album in full and omg, such a skip-less masterpiece. Better than Daddy's home for sure!

Amazing record. I sat Daddys Home out and only realized yesterday that this is out but wow, thank god I checked it out

I'm finally taking time to check the new releases after TTPD, so far the only one I'm not liking is Flea, Big Time Nothing really snatched my attention but VIOLENT TIMES? THAT'S SOTY, the vocals, the production, the song's structure :WAP: 4 songs left but I'm really into this sound for her 

Broken Man - Flea - Big Time Nothing - Violent Times

 

This run alters my brain chemistry every time I listen to it :WAP:

the way she shits on Taylor Swift's business model in every interview this era :dies:

fantano i- why do i kinda agree with him? :redface:

like i think this is a great album but i connected with daddy's home a lot more

I still need to listen a few more times, but this is great.

Right now this feels like her best album this decade and maybe her best since her self-titled masterpiece from 2014.

  1. St. Vincent
  2. Strange Mercy
  3. Actor
  4. All Born Screaming
  5. Marry Me
  6. Masseduction
  7. Daddy's Home

violent times is a masterpiece. the desperate vocal performance, the björky volta era horns, the song structure and lyrics... insane

to me, this album also synthesizes most of the sonic territory she's covered with her albums to date, or at least since strange mercy. all while maintaining cohesion. it's pretty impressive.

tbh i'm low effort enough to have come in at strange mercy and never bothered to listen to the earlier ones but my ranking of the last five is:

 

1. s/t

2. masseduction

3. daddy's home

4. ABS (tentative early ranking)

5. strange mercy

 

i like some of this album a lot but some of the slower stuff that i expected to grow on me hasn't so much and i feel like it drags a little in places

 

also, this charted at UK #5 on friday! it'll vanish next week but nice to see

This album kinda came and went for me. I have zero desire to stream it anymore :ghostface:

the instrumental bridge in Sweetest Fruit followed by the chorus >>>>>>

On 5/2/2024 at 12:20 AM, John Slayne said:

the way she shits on Taylor Swift's business model in every interview this era :dies:

The way you keep up with Taylor Swift even tangentially is even more hilarious. :laugh:
 

Anyway, Sweetest Fruit is the best song here. Such a polished, grungy rhythmic vibe. :clap3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.