Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Did Applause get the last laugh?

Featured Replies

Back in 2013 many considered the song a career killer for Lady Gaga, and ARTPOP was compared to flop eras like Bionic. Today though, Applause has surpassed 500M streams on Spotify, and a recent poll revealed that it is considered the strongest lead single from a female artist among many pop fans:


Did Ms. Applause get the last laugh on the OAHs?

 

spacer.png

 

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Yeah it did because Gen Z rediscovered it on tiktok and stan it. Noah fence to Gaga but I'd literally never heard Applause until a couple of years ago in a tiktok and I was shocked that it was so good. I remember it being in my YouTube recommended back in the day but never pressing play because well...it was 2013/14 and it was Lady Gaga :gaycat6:

The song generates more money every month than the OGH’s combined, so yes.

Girl, you are using a thread of a forum that has less than 100 regular posting members 

  • Author
1 minute ago, vuelve88 said:

Not the OP citing his own thread and poll. :rip: :bibliahh:

I didn’t even vote for Applause in the poll.

Yes. Like Judas, it'll continue to be rediscovered by the younger generation. Top 2 Gaga lead singles. 

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I didn’t even vote for Applause in the poll.

That's progress :clap3: 

 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Not the OP citing his own thread and poll. :rip: :bibliahh:

:skull:

Honestly yeah. I was a huge Katy stan/OGH in 2013 and pretended to love Roar more. I’d never actually press play on it in 2024. Applause aged like wine. 

Revisionist history.

 

No one said Applause killed her career, the song peaked in the Top 5 and was a stable hit. It was the album and era that killed her career at that time.

 

I think it "got the last laugh" in terms of quality, it's much better than Roar and I do consider it still a good song by her.

It was a decent song, but by Gaga standards it was not "amazing."

I felt Artpop has more equal footing with a song like "Come and Get It" by Selena Gomez than it did with Roar. 

 

"Royals", "Wrecking Ball", "Roar" all were at one point on the Top 10 and above "Applause" in the same week.

no, but gaga did in the historic katy vs gaga war of 2013 where many stan lives were lost

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Revisionist history.

 

No one said Applause killed her career, the song peaked in the Top 5 and was a stable hit. It was the album and era that killed her career at that time.

 

I think it "got the last laugh" in terms of quality, it's much better than Roar and I do consider it still a good song by her.

Nah, everyone considered Applause a huge flop for Gaga’s standards. 

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

:skull:

Don’t worry. Work ***** has almost half as many votes as Applause. Maybe Gaga can show Britney how to make a decent song with will.I.am when LG7 releases huh?

By having 1/2 of Roar's streams? Nah!

Edited by Paola Bracho

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.