• liam13

• Klein

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Or TS13

TS13 doesnt follow the pattern but okay 

1 minute ago, Blue. said:

This, all this meltdown because someone who wrote excerpt a won x3 AOTY while the album that contains excerpt b did not won anything?

These lyrics :redface:

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

TS13 doesnt follow the pattern but okay 

I hope Taylor takes atleast BPSP or BPVA next year. 

She is never winning SOTY thou, maybe when she's old, they'll give it to her. 

Not you fumming over an award she hasn’t even won yet and probably won’t :rip:

5 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

I hope Taylor takes atleast BPSP or BPVA next year. 

She is never winning SOTY thou, maybe when she's old, they'll give it to her. 

who needs a SOTY when she can have a fourth AOTY :gaylorcat2: 

i hope midnights wont win anything so she can cry some more and try r&b next.

Edited by liam13

Taylor Swift is NOT winning for Midnights and I can assure you all of that.

Taylor Swift is the blueprint Billie Eilish comes from from the eyes of the GRAMMY committee, a self sustaining singer songwriter + instrumentalist who just happens to be the world's biggest popstar. Industry members LOVE that **** and feed off of it, the fact that she can write, produce, sing, compose, conceptualize all aspects of her work is a GRAMMY committee voter's wet dream and that's why she's an albums artist primarily and wins for that, not hits.  However, the GRAMMYs are also a narrative competition, who 'deserves' it is a mixture of public perception, industry perception and commercial dominance, not one alone.

Fearless won over IASF because it simply was the more dominant album, it did wonders for the country genre and is the solidified herself as a young prodigy in music. There was no way it wasn't going to her, a teen (white) girl writing smash hits about her life composed and sung by her? That's an instant ticket to GRAMMY favorite.

1989 is indisputably the BIGGEST album/era of the 2010s, 5 smash hits, 2 Diamond singles, a Diamond album, $250M tour, biggest celebrity on Earth, revived poptimism among critics, it absolutely was gonna smash awards season.

Folklore is a pivot, a **** you to anyone who thought she was a reductive pop songwriter washed out by the glitz and glamour of Max Martin pop especially after the underperformance of Lover, narrative wise, this was the moment Taylor Swift proved to everyone that she was a songwriter first, singer second.

Taylor doesn't win for songs because her output is best digested as an ALBUM, she makes cohesive records with a story told throughout, both in sound and lyrics. She may be a hitmaker too but her strength lies in ALBUM making.

Beyonce fans are rightfully angered and they should be but they shouldn't take this out on the one artist who has just as much, if not more commercial and artistic merit than her and that is Taylor, y'all need to regulate your anger, Taylor may be a pretty tall blue eyed woman therefore its easy to assume that's whats giving her all this success disregarding the fact that you take away the theatrics and Taylor will still be able to make her OWN albums and compose her OWN songs well until she dies, Beyonce needs a damn writing camp to fulfill her vision, both are equally valid but be ******* for real Taylor Swift is a musician first, popstar second. Beyonce is an audiovisual entertainment spectacle.

Edited by MingYouToo

I didn't read all of that

But it's not a charity event (despite what some may say about the past few years' wins) and they don't have many categories that could acknowledge lifetime achievements of the artists you mention. When people bring up why this or that artist didn't win they don't even check who they were competing with that year, who did Diana Ross lose to in her categories?

The award can only go to one artist per category, if there's two or three greats in that category they aren't going to hand them out to all just because they all made impressive works of art. The greats weren't competing with today's artists, they were competing with each other.

The fact that the hive fixates so much on Taylor really just shows how much how much animus that fanbase has for her.  

The Grammys are limited so not every legend can win AOTY. Taylor had without a doubt strong cases to win the AOTY Grammy. She plays a game just like anyone else. She is a massive person in this business. She sells millions every time she releases. In the last years she enjoyed critical acclaim. The same reason why Harry Styles won this year. Or Billie Eilish 3 years ago. We can debate about music without end but what is clear how to build a strong case to win Grammys. And Taylor had that 2010, 2016, 2021.

12 wins out of 46 noms after 18 years and 12 full projects is NOTHING when the tragedies are getting sweeps left and right without a fraction of her talent and work ethic, sit down please…

2 wins in 7 years and 7 full projects and some of you still think that you have a ground to stand on when it comes to her and this situation…

There are still a lot of months left until the cutoff + SZA's album has been more popular than Taylor's ever since it came out so you should have drafted this until next year.

Careful, there won’t be any fumes left for some of you to spare, which will be much needed with the massive year she has ahead of her :rip: 

That aside, I truly don’t know what you want us to say to this :coffee2:

“Because it’s actually the best album of the year? No.”

Ma’m, that’s an opinion :coffee2:

This site should really start considering mandated mental wellness checks 

9 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Like you’re any less obsessed with beyonce :toofunny2:

What are you talking about girl? I think she deserved to win and I am certainly not going on rants about her.  I just think her fans are a bit insane sometimes and this thread just adds more evidence to that.  

I’m so happy I don’t watch awards shows anymore. It’s not healthy getting this worked up about a bunch of elitist, classist rich people competing for some frivolous trophy. Nobody gives af about awards in 2023 outside of stan culture and there are so many tragedies in the world right now that Taylor or Beyoncé winning or not winning a Grammy couldn’t mean less to me. They’re all out of touch humans 

What is this meltdown over an award that she probably won't win...? :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

The fact that the hive fixates so much on Taylor really just shows how much how much animus that fanbase has for her.  

Yeah their obsession is crazy. 

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Yeah, please. Looks who is talking. 

And ofc it will be quoted by that other member that also jumps from Bey's thread to Bey's thread on a rant. 

This thread has nothing to do with Beyoncé too so I don't know why you're bringing her up. 

-----------------

I don't understand the anger of that, it's just an award and it hasn't even happened yet.