Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Quote

Chairman Bang Si-hyuk has expressed mutual respect with former executive producer LSM to the point of commenting, “HYBE only walked on flowery paths because of the red carpet that senior (Lee Soo-man) pioneered and paved”

BTS stans are gonna hate reading this :ahh:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Rhyme said:

BTS stans are gonna hate reading this :ahh:

not paved that’s their favorite word :dies: 

46 minutes ago, New Edition said:

At least IVE, Itzy, and Nmixx are safe :zzz:

For now. 

 

42 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Also with the Kakao vs HYBE I’m scared that IVE might get tangled in this mess and their potential ruined :rip:

This. IVE and maybe IU might be the next casualties of Kpop Game of Thrones (Kakao vs Hybe)

 

Sidenote which other groups are under Kakao currently? I can think of Apink, and The Boyz.

 

JYP are kinda save from the Kakao vs Hybe mess for now but we never know what's gonna happen next. JYP being bff with Bang PD due to the past history working together at JYPE and especially appeared on the same pic earlier this year it seems like there's something going on bts between Hybe and JYP as well.

1673050934-324069062-156189233856917-257

Edited by discreetinside

31 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Sidenote which other groups are under Kakao currently? I can think of Apink, and The Boyz.

IU, IVE, STAYC, Apink, WJSN, Monsta X, Victon, Weeekly, The Boyz, Wonho, Yoo Jae-Suk, Mijoo (Lovelyz), Cravity, Sam Kim.

 

There's obviously more, but these are the main ones.

 

Edited by Zack

35 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

didn't gfriend disband because all the members left source music :rip: and with nu'est well pledis disbanded after school and prisitin too so they're just idiots

i doubt hybe has that much power over contract renewals/negotiations 

Source didn't want to renew their contract at all and gave them a new one with unfair conditions. 

Even though I’m not a SM Stan I Lowkey hate this :rip: Diversity is good for the industry.   

Just now, thirdward said:

blackpink indie group 

nugu once they‘ve been transported to TheBlackLabel next door 

38 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I really don’t understand this erasure of Seventeen vocalists when y’all talk about HYBE vocals. I mean I get it if you don’t know about them, but at least don’t make uninformed statements. 
 

 

Seventeen isn’t even a homegrown HYBE group, so getting panties twisted over a statement like that is utterly hilarious. Whatever skill set the group has, they brought with them in the merger.
 

Regardless of that, the way carats try vehemently to overestimate Seventeen’s vocal prowess is wildly astonishing to me. Of their vocal line (DK, Joshua, Jeonghan, Seungkwan), only two are competent enough to do the heavy lifting of the group which is already a weak balance against the number of members. The two J’s are capable in their own right, compared to the others (that aren’t consistent enough in technique to be recognized). But the line as a whole would never be able to measure up well against the most revered BG lines (BTOB, EXO, SHINee, Highlight), nor are any of them remarkable or distinctive enough to stand out individually, either (I’ll give the most credit to DK bc he’s my favorite).

 

Edited by Rhythm

38 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I really don’t understand this erasure of Seventeen vocalists when y’all talk about HYBE vocals. I mean I get it if you don’t know about them, but at least don’t make uninformed statements

You are more of a SVT stan than anyone else in this thread king, you should know SVT is a well rounded group but they are best at dancing, yeah, some of them can sing but they are like NCT level of vocalists at best, they aren't touching TVXQ, SuJu, SHINee or EXO in the vocals department, it's giving Liz main vocalist propaganda, she ain't all that.

3 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Liz main vocalist propaganda, she ain't all that.

finally someone said it!

her voice is lifeless and devoid of personality

but people praise it to spite strawberry or whatever

 

(although leeseo should get less lines as well or better yet, she should've debuted when she's older!)

I kinda hate the idea of anyone buying out SM, but I’m much more comfortable with HYBE doing it than K*kao. 

 

29 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

This. IVE and maybe IU might be the next casualties of Kpop Game of Thrones (Kakao vs Hybe)

I think IU is way too big to be a casualty. If anything the labels will go into a bidding war to grab her if her label goes down.

Is there a reason why SM couldn't have stayed an independent company? Was this not an option? I just don't like Hybe or Kakao involved with them. If anything,  I almost would have preferred a big international label buy them out than this.

15 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

finally someone said it!

her voice is lifeless and devoid of personality

but people praise it to spite strawberry or whatever

 

(although leeseo should get less lines as well or better yet, she should've debuted when she's older!)

She has the best technique but I personally prefer Yujin’s voice

Just now, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Is there a reason why SM couldn't have stayed an independent company? Was this not an option? I just don't like Hybe or Kakao involved with them. If anything,  I almost would have preferred a big international label buy them out than this.

The reason why Chris Lee is trying to bring kakao into this situation in the first place is that many shareholders of SM aren't satisfied with LSM as he in charge of monitoring all groups and can bring huge benefits to his own company 'Like'.

imagine telling K-pop fans in 2013 that a nugu group called BTS would be the downfall of SM Entertainment :deadbanana4:

#TeamHYBE or #TeamKakao y'all?

 

The way Hyenas are working overtime :redface:

 

 

Edited by discreetinside

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.