K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

24 minutes ago, conquxror said:

The truth is that it seems like SM debuted aespa very quickly (for whatever reason you want to believe in) and they didn’t plan what to do with them on the long run. Now that they’ve realized that the group’s concept is not sticking with anybody, their songs aren’t charting that well and they can’t fully rely on the members being just personalities, they’re lost. Hence why they’re already planning a new girl group.

I hate to say this but it’s looking like aespa will be f(x)ed soon. Once the new girls debut, I can already see them getting one comeback per year and Karina becoming known as Yoo Jimin, the actress. I just hope  that their love is 4 wa wa wa walls is not that close.

Reveal hidden contents

I fully believe that SM only debuted aespa so they wouldn’t lose trainees such as Winter and Karina. 

I think there was definitely a lot of thought put into their concept and debut. But you’re right in the long run their concept kinda hindered them considering they’ve tried to align SMCU releases with their comebacks which they’re already very behind in seeing as it costs loads and takes time.

And the fact SM has simply lost touch of what the public enjoys (Savage only did well because of NL hype imo. Girls being a title over Illusion) they’re honestly kinda doomed digitally domestically and internationally if SM doesn’t choose better songs. They’re in their peak right now and there’s only so many ****-ups you can have before even being established.

SM is just so incompetent. They ****** up so many times with RV and are now doing the same with Aespa.  :deadbanana4: 

But regardless of all this they do have a big fandom. 

Edited by Cotton

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

$1,800 tickets in Mexico and its sold out please :deadbanana2:

YG girl...

38 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

That’s not even a meet and great. YG keeps pulling bs like this then blinks complain.  :rip:

51 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Tickets  were sold out in the fan pre sale with the membership.

The regular sale is tomorrow but there are not tickets left apparently.

Edited by DelRey

1 hour ago, Butters said:

:jonnycat:

My album is still not ship. I think they don’t have enough stock. I guess Hybe did not expect the slayage

8 hours ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

For whatever reason in the middle of the storm, SM is recruiting multiple dancers for a Red Velvet performance. I feel like it will be like that one Zimzalabim performance again :toofunny2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoY7vprrQZZ

It's probably for their upcoming concert. Wendy and Yeri have said that they're attending concert planning meetings lately.

It's scheduled for April this year, though don't hold your breath.

The concert is already a year late, since they were supposed to have it in March 2022, but SM indefinitely postponed it and have decided to give everyone else a concert since then, but not RV.

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

Now that they’ve realized that the group’s concept is not sticking with anybody, their songs aren’t charting that well

Are you being serious? Illusion charted well and outdid the title track! Just because one song underperformed (thankfully to open SM’s eyes) doesn’t mean a group is over. Like you really have to be trolling….

Girls was literally top 10 so to have a bside outchart that just means you’re powerful! 

Edited by katyberry

1 minute ago, Mel. said:

BABYMONSTER opened their official social accounts

Ruka video in 20 minutes

Ruka? are they starting from reverse?

or maybe it's just the age order

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

these prices :skull:

if at least that money was used to idk produce a brand new album for bp but we all know its going to babymonsters mvs and treasure and winner contents that no one asked for

12 minutes ago, Zack said:

It's probably for their upcoming concert. Wendy and Yeri have said that they're attending concert planning meetings lately.

It's scheduled for April this year, though don't hold your breath.

The concert is already a year late, since they were supposed to have it in March 2022, but SM indefinitely postponed it and have decided to give everyone else a concert since then, but not RV.

and even if that gets postponed again, they still have Primavera to prep for soon after

hopefully the corporate mess is figured out quickly and they can get some stabilization :'(

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

Ruka? are they starting from reverse?

or maybe it's just the age order

I have no idea with YG tbh lol

i wonder if her positions will

be revealed in the video, maybe she’s the leader that’s why she’s first

1 minute ago, kyliefever2002 said:

these prices :skull:

if at least that money was used to idk produce a brand new album for bp but we all know its going to babymonsters mvs and treasure and winner contents that no one asked for

Let’s not, TREASURE & WINNER are making their own money. Especially TREASURE with that huge Japan tour they just finished that I’m sure made them millions and they’re about to start their Asia tour

BABYMONSTER is also bringing in revenue already from their teaser videos

8 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Are you being serious? Illusion charted well and outdid the title track! Just because one song underperformed (thankfully to open SM’s eyes) doesn’t mean a group is over. Like you really have to be trolling….

Girls was literally top 10 so to have a bside outchart that just means you’re powerful! 

According to this thread, aespa has been "over" or "failing" since the moment they debuted. :michael:

3 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

and even if that gets postponed again, they still have Primavera to prep for soon after

hopefully the corporate mess is figured out quickly and they can get some stabilization :'(

Let's hope so. Speaking of Primavera, I really hope it's not an isolated schedule and they actually finally do that world tour.

The MIK Festival in London and appearances in Jakarta etc. were such a missed opportunity. I hope SM isn't just planning to send them to random events again. Those girls need a tour, the demand is clearly there.

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Let's hope so. Speaking of Primavera, I really hope it's not an isolated schedule and they actually finally do that world tour.

The MIK Festival in London and appearances in Jakarta etc. were such a missed opportunity. I hope SM isn't just planning to send them to random events again. Those girls need a tour, the demand is clearly there.

like the fanbase is basically begging to throw their money at SM for this :chick3:

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

Can we talk about BLACKPINK’s POWER!! news segment in Mexico about BP’s sold out tickets :duca:

the fact that they did this without a radio hit in the west ...fuckin insane :jonny6:

attention - smash hit

hype boy - smash hit

ditto - smash hit

omg - smash hit

cookie - semi-hit 'illusion' level

how and why?

10 minutes ago, godmess said:

Chowall sounds like song F omg :jonny5:

7 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

Chowall sounds like song F omg :jonny5:

You're right I think :jonny6: Mini of the year

babymonster debuting at blackpink's coachella stage more and more possible as the days go by :eli: 

first member introduction today feb 8 - last member would be march 22

march 29 group introduction or start of teasing for their release until april 14

april 14 pinkchella :eli: