K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

20 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Is anyone worried about Kakao buying up everything in kpop and becoming this huge monopoly on our music? Like this SM entertainment business is sad but the bigger issue is the monopoly that conglomerate has over our music :giraffe:

If they give groups good music then monopolize away!

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lost In Paradise said:

and many of the most successful pop stars right now are between 28-35. your point?

Not in Kpop sis

45 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Is anyone worried about Kakao buying up everything in kpop and becoming this huge monopoly on our music? Like this SM entertainment business is sad but the bigger issue is the monopoly that conglomerate has over our music :giraffe:

Koreans are probably more worried since one of Kakao's major shareholders is Chinese super rich mega-company Tencent.

OT: I swear if she actually pulled this off :jonny3:

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

yeah, it feels like the current state of kpop is going to be a battle against two monopolies

HYBE/YG/Naver vs Kakao/SM/Starship

That's so depressing. Especially since kpop had such a nice start with all these independent people just starting their own company. Now it's all about the big four and little companies get bought up if they have even two successful acts, therefore adding to the monopoly. 

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

If they give groups good music then monopolize away!

You say that now but I feel like that could have unforseen consequences that we aren't yet aware of.

33 minutes ago, Zack said:

Koreans are probably more worried since one of Kakao's major shareholders is Chinese super rich mega-company Tencent.

OT: I swear if she actually pulled this off :jonny3:

See I didn't even know that, that's somehow makes this news even worse.

3 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

@Witnessed ETLet's pray that its a good song 🙏🏾

WAIT, ITS A STREAM LINK :rip: never mind! but get drunk dazed to 100mil views x

Wait so it’s fake? 
either way, the “never been done before” scared me because they have a sound that perfectly works for them so they should just expand on that. 

3 hours ago, Babymomo said:

Lowkey karma for the sheep being insufferable until HYPE buried them DEEP under ground

Ion think any of this is that serious but if this is gonna humble the insane superiority complex of sheep then im all for that

Take Me Apart

The way I tried to point out their superiority complex a few months ago and the sheep in here ganged up on me :dies: thank god they’ve calmed down recently with their behavior, but certain users are still insufferable.

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

right :deadbanana: it should’ve been aespa’s concept only like why include other groups when they all have their own thing

what the :deadbanana2: this is so weird

I genuinely feel bad for aespa, like the kwangya concept should have been theirs and theirs only. But it was ruined with so many groups being forced to participate in it and the lore became too much. 

2 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Such clowns :laugh: Can’t wait to see them perform on the music shows this week. So proud of BSS, our “4th Gen” it boys :gaycat2:

I like how they’re already playing off of the “4th gen idols” joke and going with it :fan:

Edited by Witnessed ET

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Tencent have been reducing their ownership in Kakao over the past couple years.  The schedule for them to eventually reach 0% was in a shareholder report or something.  Tencent probably just waiting for them to go into bankruptcy yet again and buy back in on the cheap.

It's really hard to come up with Korean conglomerates that were more strategically incompetent than Kakao and Daum.  Thankfully they merged just to save our time!

:cm:

talent stanning talent. yunjin gunna lose it lol.:loki:

Edited by Fanta

3 hours ago, katyberry said:

I'm still waiting for this song 

this song was wasted :rip:

also what was with the teaser only featuring karina. i thought we would get 3 more with all the members 

10 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

FoXUsOyaMAEg2Wn?format=jpg&name=4096x409
FoXUtaoaAAIPG5P?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Mother:WAP:

she gets more stunning with time :heart:

Jessica karma. SM employees and executive board hate LSM, NCT will be shelved after NCT Tokyo, new SM boygroup takeover, no more SperM and Got the Mess, no more kwangya forcing into other groups.

1. [+312, -1] Go on Naver and search 'Lee Soo-man' and read all the articles getting put out. Lee Soo-man is the largest shareholder at SM but hasn't held an in-house position since 2010 after he established his private production company Like Planning and siphoned off 30% of SM's operating profits. Since he's the founder and major shareholder, he got tasked with all the work. Usually, if corporate profits are good, employees get incentives and shareholders receive dividends but SM staff have been on measly wages with zero perks and cash incentives for a long time now so of course his "letter" wasn't going to be well received? And what masterpieces has Lee Soo-man been producing exactly? Kwangya mess, Naevis, Black mamba plagiarisms, infinite expansions of NCT??? He has turned NCT into an infinite meme because of his China Hollywood dreams임
  1. [+198, -27] This is not the time for NCT fans hot takes ㅋㅋㅋ The biggest benefactors from Lee Soo-man being at the helm has been Kangta, BoA, and NCT itself ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. That's why the minute Lee Soo-man got kicked they announced they're launching a new male idol group after 7 years ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Once NCT made their debut he should've got back to the drawing board and prepared plans for their next rookie idol while their current groups continued to dominate the industry but he missed the golden hour and handed over the idol throne for male and female groups to other agencies ㅋㅋㅋ He kept on with his obsessions over NCT and didn't try to put out anything new. ㅋㅋㅋ. Isn't the best vision and plan one that includes a new idol group every 2-3 years..? It's already been 7 years since NCT ㅋㅋㅋ The only thing left is to put NCT on back burner now and focus on a new rookie male idol group.

Edited by joysaiyo

Sold out already :ahh:

They are the Chinese Wall if we talk about touring :jonny5:

The fact that Mexicans are saying they can ay the university with how expensive the tickets are and still being sold out :ahh:

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait so it’s fake? 
either way, the “never been done before” scared me because they have a sound that perfectly works for them so they should just expand on that. 

I think it’s coming. Probably in March. HYBE doesn’t have any big release scheduled for March right

Jan - NewJeans & TXT

Feb - BSS & Minhyun 

Mac - Probably Enhypen & Lesserafim 

I’m ready for their cute concept :gaycat6:

If they were from a big company this song would still be getting PAKs :coffee2:

42 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

I think it’s coming. Probably in March. HYBE doesn’t have any big release scheduled for March right

Jan - NewJeans & TXT

Feb - BSS & Minhyun 

Mac - Probably Enhypen & Lesserafim 

I’m ready for their cute concept :gaycat6:

As much as I prefer them to do the darker/creepy/moody sound that they do best, their cute concept will slay too as long as the music is good.
I really enjoy these  :heart:

49 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

:ahh: 

Not a BP in Dungeon illustration (aespa Edition) :jonny: