Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

I lowkey think Stray Kids' new era will underperform for their standards, even more than MAXIDENT cause at least 'Case 143' was a hit on Japan. It's giving fadigue both by the members and fandom. And the members also look on the verge of a burn out.

 

I decided to just enjoy the songs and that's it. In contrary to 5-Star that I had better expectations about the success. Their next comeback in 2024 might do greater, tho. 

 

 

Edited by Mitsuki

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Speaking of Le Sserafim, apparently that song they're teasing right now is just a collab single with Overwatch:rip:

Comeback cancelled till January/Feb I guess :redface: Maybe that's not a bad thing, they deserve to rest after touring + year-end award shows and have the time to make some good demos because the Unforgiven album aged pretty badly except 2-3 songs

it’s still a part of the comeback too i think

or the upcoming single IS the comeback :coffee2:

Edited by hallucinate

29 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I don't even like that many soloists in K-pop, but BoA is the LOML. I love her discography :jonny5: we need another bible.

Maybe next year (?) 

BoA is just mother like :jonny5: not ONE bad song. her discography clears any other soloists discography. Forgive Me was excellent too :jonny2:

I really hope we get another full album next year, I miss her :chick3: i'm ready to spend some money on all the versions

Speaking of Leserrafim. Can they get this Sakura back?

 

 

she's owning that IT Girl status when she was still in IZONE although she's not exactly a singer nor a dancer

 

Pink haired Sakura was something else - K-POP - allkpop forums

 

 

5 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

it’s still a part of the comeback too i think

or the upcoming single IS the comeback :coffee2:

I guess it will be the first single, and then the title track with the album in January/Feb

 

I doubt that they will make the single album THE comeback because they've never done it before, why do now

 

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

We love risk takers :clap3:

There's a reason it's called a "risk" 

45 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

 

Savage and Baddie are sisters. :heart2: I'm not surprised though, international fans don't really respond well to hyperpop influences.

The fact baddie could have charted back in 2021 :hoetenks: 
While I love baddie, I don’t get the sudden change it’s not like they were flopping. People come for BP because they stick to GC, but it’s much more better to stand for what you’re famous for than changing all the time unless you’re RV. 

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Idk if it’s just me but I absolutely love the lisp when he talks :gaycat3: @kendoll2001

 

 

big ass tongue....hmm

21 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I lowkey think Stray Kids' new era will underperform for their standards, even more than MAXIDENT cause at least 'Case 143' was a hit on Japan. It's giving fadigue both by the members and fandom. And the members also look on the verge of a burn out.

 

I decided to just enjoy the songs and that's it. In contrary to 5-Star that I had huge expectations about the success. Their next comeback in 2024 might do greater, tho. 

 

 

Actually I have noticed that in Kpop the 1st comeback usually tend to do better than the 2nd comeback in a calendar year, so I wouldn't be surprised if SKZ also underperformed with this upcoming comeback compared to 5-Star.

 

I can see both IVE and TXT doing better with their first comeback in 2024. 

 

Edited by Pluto2022

8 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I guess it will be the first single, and then the title track with the album in January/Feb

 

I doubt that they will make the single album THE comeback because they've never done it before, why do now

idk girl i’m just thinking of all the possibilities

if it’s just perfect night and no actual comeback then i’m going to need them to drop an actual full album next year

:clack:

TXT releases too many times it's hard to take seriously any release from them because it's like every month. This is a big Kpop problem.

 

IVE's comeback was confused with different songs and I was like is THIS the comeback? What about THIS? I think Baddie will rise though, it's the weekend and they really should not have released on a Friday it's a bit silly but maybe they're aiming for a bigger international fanbase because Korean general public go through girl groups like sick people go through tissues.

 

Speaking of ggs I'm glad IVE switched things up with Baddie and gave us some beats. If everything was New Jeans boringcore easy listening Kpop would be doa in a year.

1 hour ago, Rhyme said:

 

Savage and Baddie are sisters. :heart2: I'm not surprised though, international fans don't really respond well to hyperpop influences.

That is filtered! Savage actually debuted with 1.02M streams without full tracking period

 

This still kills me James Charles @jamescharies @DUALIPA twinning!!! <3 DUA  LIPA @DUALIPA when an ugly stranger calls you twin No Bitch - iFunny Brazil

Edited by katyberry

I really like OTR and Baddie, I'm surprised neither is doing well. It's interesting how NewJeans and IVE used the same release strategy but NJ's went much better. I think it's a good example of how groups' brand value works. NJ have a really strong brand value so something associated with their name is going to get attention, but IVE don't really have that. Their individual songs have been popular but the group as a whole isn't that well known and is kind of overshadowed by Wonyoung. So a multi-stage rollout with off-tracking release dates doesn't really work for them.

 

In general I wish companies would stop doing pre-releases because they basically never work. The k-gp always only pays attention to the first thing the group puts out after being away for a while and then there's less hype for whatever comes after. It only works if it's a huge artist with a lot of hype.

17 minutes ago, New Edition said:

The TRUTH about Kpop in under a minute

 

 

Don't see what's wrong with any of this except for the lack of bg/gg interactions and mini albums

And some of the points are just a stretch, there are still lots of variety shows and that point about choruses is just laughable

38 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I really like OTR and Baddie, I'm surprised neither is doing well. It's interesting how NewJeans and IVE used the same release strategy but NJ's went much better. I think it's a good example of how groups' brand value works. NJ have a really strong brand value so something associated with their name is going to get attention, but IVE don't really have that. Their individual songs have been popular but the group as a whole isn't that well known and is kind of overshadowed by Wonyoung. So a multi-stage rollout with off-tracking release dates doesn't really work for them.

 

In general I wish companies would stop doing pre-releases because they basically never work. The k-gp always only pays attention to the first thing the group puts out after being away for a while and then there's less hype for whatever comes after. It only works if it's a huge artist with a lot of hype.

The difference in NJ's strategy is they released the best/most sure-fire hit first (Hype Boy, Ditto, Super Shy) to garner interest for the lesser follow ups. 

 

While IVE's strategy is the opposite. Either Way kinda killed the hype for Baddie, at least internationally :rip:

 

Daily reminder that this is what the absolute PEAK of kpop looks like and none of your favs could ever(unless you're a scone in which case they DID THAT :celestial:)

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:


:dies:

The Kepler Hikaru one is more accurate.

We already knew but finally confirmed :superman:

 

@Ryan @Save-Me-Oprah @TheCal

 

 

Edited by Sorecer

downvoting snsd wont make people care who stray kids were in 10 years sorry 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Sorecer said:

We already knew but finally confirmed :superman:

 

@Ryan @Save-Me-Oprah @TheCal

 

 

Still no official announcement by Ass Emm

 

:khalyan:

Based on their new haircuts they only started shooting things last week tho so maybe it’s just not ready yet 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.