Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

er which ones aren't normal? I know Get Up but the others are standard songs... short or not. It's in tune with the rest of the world having 2-3 minute songs.

You know they aren't. You aren't the typical irrational K-pop stan so your take relating to them having MV/performances does make much more sense if you want to go against my point of view. Now let's see how well IVE triple title tracks can do at the end of promotions. Good luck to them. 

 

 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

3 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

You know they aren't. You aren't the typical irrational K-pop stan so your take relating to them having MV/performances does make much more sense if you want to go against my point of view. Now let's see how well IVE triple title tracks can do at the end of promotions. Good luck to them. 

 

 

You aren't actually explaining the characteristics that make them...not songs. 

 

I can give you 15 hit US songs in the last year that are under 3 minutes. 

 

 

Is this not a real song? Because it's barely 2 minutes with a featured guest? 

 

Get Up is the only track on the album that isn't an actual song which is why I didn't include it. 

Edited by Gaia

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

You aren't actually explaining the characteristics that make them...not songs. 

 

I can give you 15 hit US songs in the last year that are under 3 minutes. 

 

 

Is this not a real song? Because it's barely 2 minutes with a featured guest? 

 

Get Up is the only track on the album that isn't an actual song which is why I didn't include it. 

New Jeans and ASAP were announced as the intro and epilogue/outro for the project. Taking into consideration the Korean general public (since we are talking about K-CHARTS) a 1:48-long song isn't the standard for them and you know that.  ASAP has a very uncommon song structure it doesn't sound like a title track worthing song. There's a clear difference between them and the title tracks or even for example songs like Thirsty and Salty and Sweet which could have been title tracks. 

The usual users here downplaying NJ success when they charted 3 songs in the top 10 of Melon  :rip:

IVE new songs are also rising as well. 

Not everything is about Melon, releasing multiple title tracks is helping NJ spotify numbers a LOT. 

 

But yes, the multiple title tracks thing is not working for everybody, aespa basically released "track videos" (basically a MV for EVERY song) and only spicy did ok, the same for ITZY. 

 

NJ is a newer group, I can see them releasing only 2 title track for their next comeback.

Imagine insinuating every single song aespa released this year was a title track + saying Spicy did only okay in a post where you're whining about people downplaying success.

34 minutes ago, Gaia said:

er which ones aren't normal? I know Get Up but the others are standard songs... short or not. It's in tune with the rest of the world having 2-3 minute songs.

Yeah idk if it's an unpopular opinion but they're normal songs to me too, the only one that seems out of place is indeed Get Up. BTS's songs that were intros, outros and interludes always had "Intro: ..." etc in the name. Their structure isn't even that unique so if they don't even have intro, interlude or outro in their name, they wouldn't get treated as such (as in they wouldn't suffer in streams solely because they're intros or interludes)

This queen deserves to be bigger. This song is so addictive. :heart:

 

 

I’ve been a Jessica Stan & OT9 delulu sone since I was a teen. Jessica is still to this day my ultimate kpop bias:jonny2:

The day SM kicked her I dropped out of college and join the army. :rip:
I remember rushing home from classes onto Kpop forums and writing 3 page Essays on how much I hated SM. 

This is why stanning boy groups is so much easier. SKZ released like 6 music videos last era and nobody batted an eyelash when literally zero of them made it to #539 on BUGS

 

spacer.png

 

 

She's a japanese actress but if she'd debuted in Kpop would she have been accepted or would she NOT have fit the Korean beauty standards?

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

The day SM kicked her I dropped out of college and join the army. :rip:


spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I’ve been a Jessica Stan & OT9 delulu sone since I was a teen. Jessica is still to this day my ultimate kpop bias:jonny2:

The day SM kicked her I dropped out of college and join the army. :rip:
I remember rushing home from classes onto Kpop forums and writing 3 page Essays on how much I hated SM. 

OT8 and OT9 sone might disagree about a lot of things but at least we can agree on being absolutely batshit and delulu :celestial:

 

 

The ONLY time you'll see me praising the lucky civilian who was able to perform with SNSD for a few years. 

 

The way you felt this song was supposed to end at the 3 minute mark but Jessica came in for ANOTHER closer. Whew. This song was an experience and still IS :jonny: 

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

 

 

The ONLY time you'll see me praising the lucky civilian who was able to perform with SNSD for a few years. 

 

The way you felt this song was supposed to end at the 3 minute mark but Jessica came in for ANOTHER closer. Whew. This song was an experience and still IS :jonny: 

SNSD doesn't just have one of the best discographies in kpop history, they have two of the best discographies in kpop history. :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

OT8 and OT9 sone might disagree about a lot of things but at least we can agree on being absolutely batshit and delulu :celestial:

I’m Proud to be Delusional if this is what’s being Served:alexz3:

I still can't quite put my finger on how Kpop idols from 2nd gen look like women and kpop idols from 3rd gen look like little girls. Like looking at SNSD in their 4th year look more like adult women than TWICE in their 8th year doesn't make sense to me.

16 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I still can't quite put my finger on how Kpop idols from 2nd gen look like women and kpop idols from 3rd gen look like little girls. Like looking at SNSD in their 4th year look more like adult women than TWICE in their 8th year doesn't make sense to me.

If we start talking about pandering a certains fanbase plus the photographer and video music producer that got not only caught but exposed by several idols for their concept and fetishes.

 

While it took several exposes for the photographer, cease his activities, the video music producer back in 2022 was still very active.

13 minutes ago, Xalric said:

If we start talking about pandering a certains fanbase plus the photographer and video music producer that got not only caught but exposed by several idols for their concept and fetishes.

is this English?

 

33 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I still can't quite put my finger on how Kpop idols from 2nd gen look like women and kpop idols from 3rd gen look like little girls. Like looking at SNSD in their 4th year look more like adult women than TWICE in their 8th year doesn't make sense to me.

 

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

 

Daily reminder that this is what the absolute PEAK of kpop looks like and none of your favs could ever(unless you're a scone in which case they DID THAT :celestial:)

this still has me in a chokehold

I'm going to be serious and confess every time I watch Gee MV I don't ever recognize Taeyeon lmao I mean since I get into kpop when Loona debuted I didn't know Girls Generation that much, so yeah I recognize everyone but Taeyeon and Jessica cuz I don't see Jessica a lot lmao

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.