Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Just for comparison in chronological order:

 

ELEVEN - 418k

Love Dive - 1.08M

After LIKE - 1.94M

Kitsch - 1.07M

I AM - 1.04M

Either Way - 738k

Off the Record - 701k

Baddie - 888k

Off the Record with more than Eleven only... 

K-pop stans don't know how to appreciate a BOP 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

speaking as a casual listener, it felt like there wasn’t much hype this comeback for TXT

sugar rush ride felt like a bigger moment, i remember this thread stanning the teasers 

love to see dreamer getting the second highest b side streams though :clap3:

Edited by hallucinate

 

Savage and Baddie are sisters. :heart2: I'm not surprised though, international fans don't really respond well to hyperpop influences.

 

one of the best kpop songs out there. the way I'll always go back to it :jonny2: she has such a flawless discography, it's crazy

like the bridge is just amazing :jonny5: and the rest of the album is phenomenal 

Edited by youresotoxic

25 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Not even 9M but 10M actually :bam:

I'm setting the right expectations for now but if they can hit 10M eventually then that's great :chick1:

In 4th gen, it seems only aespa, NewJeans and LE SSERAFIM are in the "1 million 1st day" club so far. 

 

I wonder what Drama will do for aespa

 

 

5 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

 

Savage and Baddie are sisters. :heart2: I'm not surprised though, international fans don't really respond well to hyperpop influences.

Yeah but I feel like Savage is much more appreciated nowadays by people and it aged well

As for Baddie... we'll see what happens

Who even told IVE to do Girl Crush?  It was way too early for them for them to abandoned their whole modern ABBA pop sound and they should've kept building on that sound, until people got tired. Why fix something that isn't broken yet?

 

Edited by Pluto2022

7 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

 

one of the best kpop songs out there. the way I'll always go back to it :jonny2: she has such a flawless discography, it's crazy

like the bridge is just amazing :jonny5: and the rest of the album is phenomenal 

I don't even like that many soloists in K-pop, but BoA is the LOML. I love her discography :jonny5: we need another bible.

Maybe next year (?) 

27 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

baddie debuted with 888k streams :rip::rip:

How did they go from peaking among Top 20 Global to... that? Just prove how quick Kpop fans jump ship :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Zack said:

In 4th gen, it seems only aespa, NewJeans and LE SSERAFIM are in the "1 million 1st day" club so far. 

 

I wonder what Drama will do for aespa

 

 

nmixx having bigger first day sales than itzy and twice :skull:

JYP needs to be careful cause people are already getting suspicious

Edited by hallucinate

11 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

 

Savage and Baddie are sisters. :heart2: I'm not surprised though, international fans don't really respond well to hyperpop influences.

Savage was a Monday release. It peaked #75 on second day with 1.14M streams. And not to mention how much Spotify and Kpop grew in the past 2 years :rip:

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Yeah but I feel like Savage is much more appreciated nowadays by people and it aged well

As for Baddie... we'll see what happens

The amount of lashings Savage got on it's debut :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Yeah but I feel like Savage is much more appreciated nowadays by people and it aged well

As for Baddie... we'll see what happens

Aside from what hallucinate said about the promo, I wonder what could've been the best way for Starship to warm casual IVE fans up to the complete concept change. Maybe Baddie should've been released before Off the Record.

9 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

nmixx having bigger first day sales than itzy and twice :skull:

JYP needs to be careful cause people are already getting suspicious

To be fair, just on Hanteo they are ahead. On Circle Chart, TWICE has +1.7M sales, ITZY has +1.3M and NMIXX has ~930k. 

You guys are shocked baddie is flopping? Had Itzy or BP released that song you all would have PANNED it on release day for God's sake:bibliahh: I say this, because I also think is an okay song, but I would totally drag it if Flopzy released it.

 

9 minutes ago, Sept said:

Savage was a Monday release. It peaked #75 on second day with 1.14M streams. And not to mention how much Spotify and Kpop grew in the past 2 years :rip:

I'm just trying to look at it from different sides since I don't think its a sign of any decline but rather how Starship went about the rollout.

2 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Aside from what hallucinate said about the promo, I wonder what could've been the best way for Starship to warm casual IVE fans up to the complete concept change. Maybe Baddie should've been released before Off the Record.

i don’t think the concept change had much to do with it tbh…

if it got a proper teasing period, the number would’ve been on I AM level still

 

IMO back to back releases doesn’t really for IVE since they benefit a lot from the hype– i feel like this was also the reason why I AM didn’t debut with much higher numbers since it was released soon after Kitsch

 

i also think this concept change is a temporary thing and it happened cause there were two other releases with different sounds

 

the rollout should’ve been baddie + an upbeat pop song with a banger chorus a week later

it still would’ve killed hype but baddie is too good to not get a single treatment :jonnycat:

either way is a beautiful song but they should’ve taken the le sserafim route and promote it after the album release

18 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Who even told IVE to do Girl Crush?  It was way too early for them for them to abandoned their whole modern ABBA pop sound and they should've kept building on that sound, until people got tired. Why fix something that isn't broken yet?

 

We love risk takers :clap3:

I appreciate the risks they took but it's hard to put into words, I felt like their recent material lacks that IVE charm and hook imo ( the visuals/music direction are too Red Velvet and Blackpink coded ). It's never the concept change since we literally have Kitsch this year which was polarizing to some people. 

 

If they can make instant catchy music ( their selling point ). they would be on everyone's good graces again 

 

Ive Kitsch GIF - IVE KITSCH WONYOUNG - Discover & Share GIFs

IVE numbers for this era are obviously not great but oh well, life goes on

they are smashing hard on my last fm charts so congrats baddies :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

We love risk takers :clap3:

pretty little RISKY baddies indeed :clap3:

spacer.png

Just now, hallucinate said:

i don’t think the concept change had much to do with it tbh…

if it got a proper teasing period, the number would’ve been on I AM level still

 

IMO back to back releases doesn’t really for IVE since they benefit a lot from the hype– i feel like this was also the reason why I AM didn’t debut with much higher numbers since it was released soon after Kitsch

 

i also think this concept change is a temporary thing and it happened cause there were two other releases with different sounds

 

the rollout should’ve been baddie + an upbeat pop song with a banger chorus a week later

it still would’ve killed hype but baddie is too good to not get a single treatment :jonnycat:

either way is a beautiful song but they should’ve taken the le sserafim route and promote it after the album release

I think you're right. Holy Moly as the pre release and then Baddie would've made more sense to me. I guess hopefully Starship learns from this and tries something more sensible next time.

Speaking of Le Sserafim, apparently that song they're teasing right now is just a collab single with Overwatch:rip:

Comeback cancelled till January/Feb I guess :redface: Maybe that's not a bad thing, they deserve to rest after touring + year-end award shows and have the time to make some good demos because the Unforgiven album aged pretty badly except 2-3 songs

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.