Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

On 2/4/2026 at 5:28 PM, DivaCup said:

You're so far (so far, so far)
You're slipping away, away
Slipping away from what we had
Truly, I just don't understand
So far, so far, so far
You're slipping away, away
You're slipping right out of my grasp
When you're fading so fast it seems
You know you're slipping away

Time after time I reach for you

Try and I try but you're so aloof

Where is the boy that you used to be?

Baby, you're slipping away from me

md-Qrzpv.png

i'm so mad i lost the single that had this song as a b-side chick3

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 697.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

On 1/31/2026 at 4:28 PM, EJQL8 said:

waiT WAP

https://x.com/wigremoval/status/1110242095074299904?s=20

Everyone's fave song, why?

1 hour ago, Alessandra said:

i'm so mad i lost the single that had this song as a b-side chick3

Oh I'm so sorry jonny

Shake It Off, Love Takes Time, Dont Forget About Us and It's Like That are all hitting 100m views this year. Through the Rain next year.

I kinda wished #Beautiful went viral so it could get a good boost and a song from the 2010's can get some love. I can see Thirsty blowing up as well.

I'm surprised GTFO never blew up. A lot of people i've met surprisingly like that song. People all love The Distance on first play too and sing the chorus, shoulda been a single.

On 2/4/2026 at 12:48 AM, Toxic Love said:

Question: How do y'all feel about Einstein nowadays? For me I know the production is very dated late 00s R&B but I can't make the music not bop

rogue

Solidly in my top 7 these days tbh!

Dated to me just means utilizing a fun and defining soundscape for the era, and who does a better job updating a diamond solid foundation of old musical sensibilities to a modern sound than mother? Migrate, Touch My Body, Cruise Control, I'm That Chick, IBLULT, OOC, Heat, 4Real4Real... all certified Mariah bangers. Side Effects is one of her very best. And Last Kiss is one of my most played songs ever from her the melodies just flow like honey jonny.You can tell when she's really feeling a song and having fun with it when she writes her signature creative second verse that comes with a different melody and progresses the song structure even for the bops

IMG_1800.gif

5 hours ago, Faded said:

We stan it especially on a hot summer day, perfect beach holiday album if i do say so myself, those fossils still trying to purport this being her worst album simply hates/never experienced fun - so sorry, self hating and not accepting fun isn't a shared experience heart i hope they find love one day.

IMG_1800.gif

The production is very late 00s r&b because it was r&b music released in the late 00s, like Mariah Carey sounded very dated early 90s music - SO? As you said, the music simply bops, dated is an obsolete argument because when the composition/music arrangement is great, it provides a great snapshot of music from that time. I'd recommend E=MC2 to people looking to discover late 00s R&B over projects by non-singers like C-error or some ****.

Personal top three: I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time, Last Kiss, I SOTY In Love <3

Spill, Faded

IMG_1800.gif

11 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Solidly in my top 7 these days tbh!

Dated to me just means utilizing a fun and defining soundscape for the era, and who does a better job updating a diamond solid foundation of old musical sensibilities to a modern sound than mother? Migrate, Touch My Body, Cruise Control, I'm That Chick, IBLULT, OOC, Heat, 4Real4Real... all certified Mariah bangers. Side Effects is one of her very best. And Last Kiss is one of my most played songs ever from her the melodies just flow like honey jonny.You can tell when she's really feeling a song and having fun with it when she writes her signature creative second verse that comes with a different melody and progresses the song structure even for the bops

IMG_1800.gif

You're making me want to revisit. I just have a hard time getting through tracks like Last Kiss and Bye Bye deadbanana

11 hours ago, DivaCup said:

I'm at work and IDK. Mariah's music just makes me happy and I was telling my co-worker (a straight man) about her etc etc. I told him about Obsessed being an Eminem diss track and I recited some lyrics. He laughed and said "she didn't write that". Why is this the first reaction out of most people? biblio sure, she wrote it with 2 other people but that doesn't take away from it. Plus, ALL of her music is distinctly HER.

I told him if he hasn't heard the bulk of her discography then I don't want to hear it

1-Nqwy-Lut.gif

To be fair, earlier in the day he acknowledged that she is extremely talented but he is "not the target demographic for her music", which he said was girls and gays, which he isn't completely wrong but I'm not really of the mindset that music is only for "certain people". But sure. cm

I can only talk to gays about music smh

To most people she's just a big voiced ballad singing diva tbh, they don't know she's fun like that. Or much less one of the most successful hip hop heads. People also just hate real singers too in this day and age...they hear some big vocals and they think it distracts from the music or emotions and once they hear one big vocal they've heard it all because that's all that music is to them. Even for lots of music nerds whatever supplementary artistic concepts that scratches the itch of an ADHD/homos/hyperconsumers ear better comes first instead of second in processing music. Which I honestly really hate and find lame personally but everyone has their own preferences. But yeah also she's always loved being girly girl from the start combined with a big diva that invites plenty of closemindedness. And obv sexism and racism plays into everything and R&B girls have been like the most disrespected musicians for the talent they offer since forever. Like Full Moon and Emancipation were almost panned they needed to shoot these critics

But Mariah is one of the few to get her praise so who gaf at the end of the day, the average person doesn't care about music at all it's just background noise for work

IMG_1800.gif

24 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

You're making me want to revisit. I just have a hard time getting through tracks like Last Kiss and Bye Bye deadbanana

I love both actually, Bye Bye I'm rarely in the mood for because the subject matter obv but the melodies are golden

IMG_1800.gif

Last Kiss is anytime of day for me tho it hits that sweet spot of Mariahisms and the late 2000s nostalgic production accents is enough to make it a cruising in your car type of song instead of just a torch song. The chorus is one of her most satisfying melodies ever to me. And one of many examples of her perfecting her combination of rhythmic sensibilities, rap-ish singing, and traditional soul singing even on ballads that makes me say Mariah this side of the millennium eats up the other because it's just more fun! And why Memoirs getting her vindication is so satisfying

IMG_1800.gif

7 hours ago, Faded said:

The production is very late 00s r&b because it was r&b music released in the late 00s

Hold on... for real?

ohh-wow.gif

7 hours ago, Reverie said:

Last Kiss is anytime of day for me tho it hits that sweet spot of Mariahisms and the late 2000s nostalgic production accents is enough to make it a cruising in your car type of song instead of just a torch song. The chorus is one of her most satisfying melodies ever to me. And one of many examples of her perfecting her combination of rhythmic sensibilities, rap-ish singing, and traditional soul singing even on ballads that makes me say Mariah this side of the millennium eats up the other because it's just more fun! And why Memoirs getting her vindication is so satisfying

6 hours ago, Toxic Love said:

ohh-wow.gif

7 hours ago, Reverie said:

Last Kiss is anytime of day for me tho it hits that sweet spot of Mariahisms and the late 2000s nostalgic production accents is enough to make it a cruising in your car type of song instead of just a torch song. The chorus is one of her most satisfying melodies ever to me. And one of many examples of her perfecting her combination of rhythmic sensibilities, rap-ish singing, and traditional soul singing even on ballads that makes me say Mariah this side of the millennium eats up the other because it's just more fun! And why Memoirs getting her vindication is so satisfying

All of this alexzeverytime I sing the chorus melody I feel so much EEEEE(D5 belt)mo-o-o-tioooons yeahhh yeeahhhhhhhheeeee she is just such a powerful composer she is tapped into our ******* minds

7 hours ago, Reverie said:

To most people she's just a big voiced ballad singing diva tbh, they don't know she's fun like that. Or much less one of the most successful hip hop heads. People also just hate real singers too in this day and age...they hear some big vocals and they think it distracts from the music or emotions and once they hear one big vocal they've heard it all because that's all that music is to them. Even for lots of music nerds whatever supplementary artistic concepts that scratches the itch of an ADHD/homos/hyperconsumers ear better comes first instead of second in processing music. Which I honestly really hate and find lame personally but everyone has their own preferences. But yeah also she's always loved being girly girl from the start combined with a big diva that invites plenty of closemindedness. And obv sexism and racism plays into everything and R&B girls have been like the most disrespected musicians for the talent they offer since forever. Like Full Moon and Emancipation were almost panned they needed to shoot these critics

But Mariah is one of the few to get her praise so who gaf at the end of the day, the average person doesn't care about music at all it's just background noise for work

IMG_1800.gif

Don't forget about the people who just reduce her to "that lady who makes Christmas music". Like come on jonny she is SO MUCH MORE than that

She better be convincing today. Taustin is already setting her up

e3yBwSq.gif

You can have some dated songs as a treat when you have timeless records.

Some go ga ga over artists who are always dated never timeless.

IMG_1800.gif

Mariah is officially my #10 top played artist (my last.fm account is 21 years old). She surpassed Led Zeppelin to take the number 10 spot. I dug into her discography in 2016. I'm hooked this week especially. jonny3

Oops. She just passed Grateful Dead to become #9 jonny2

The DOMINATION. MARIAH MANIA

ZIkyNsG.png

6 hours ago, Ventitonic said:

Some go ga ga over artists who are always dated never timeless.

IMG_1800.gif

Poor abracadabra Gaga oh nanaa

IMG_1800.gif

Some of you just sitting on your pampered legend stanning asses in here calmly discussing E=MC2 while @suburbannature and I are out in the trenches fighting off the rats and pigs in the celebria channel. I see how it is.

I forgive but I don't forget....

IMG_1800.gif

Edited by Touchdown
because I wanted to

21 hours ago, Touchdown said:

Some of you just sitting on your pampered legend stanning asses in here calmly discussing E=MC2 while @suburbannature and I are out in the trenches fighting off the rats and pigs in the celebria channel. I see how it is.

I forgive but I don't forget....

IMG_1800.gif

I was put in ATRL jail for two days because I "offended" a pig.

On the day he turned 19

He took a train to Bleeker Street

He met a guy named Norma Jean

Who said he could fulfill his dream

He told the doctor of his woes

And took the bottle of hormones

Stuck collagen into his lips

And silicone into his hips

He didn't even cry

Under the surgeon's knife

Now he can tell the world

That she's a real girl

I can be anything that I want to be

Someday I will really show them all

She ate this so hard jonny

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.